“Best Place.. Free Updgrade to Jacuzzi room... What a Romantic Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center

You added Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center to your Saves list
Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Platis Gialos Beach, Platys Gialos 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Montreal, Canada
“Best Place.. Free Updgrade to Jacuzzi room... What a Romantic Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was our fourth stop on a European vacation. We had just spend a week in Italy and were exhausted from walking everywhere... The Myconian was what our bodies needed. From the moment we arrived we were treated amazingly and were upgraded for free to a room over the cliff with a huge outdoor jacuzzi! The hotel was so relaxing. We couldn't have asked for more. The rooms were clean and the products provided in the bathroom were good quality. The breakfast was included and was absolutely delicious! We stayed five days and I gained about 5 pounds!

It is close to the beach. The beach area is nice... you must pay for your seats, but often the restaurants will give you a discount for lunch :)

I would go back in a heartbeat... Choose this place :)

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

After almost one day travelling around the world - 3 different flights in less than 24hs - nothing better than being received with a great smile by the hotel manager Konstantinos.
What a staff! After welcoming us and explaining about the island and its most incredible places, the manager himself showed us our room.
What can I say about a room with an amazing view of Platis Gialos beach, with a big warm Jacuzzi in our private porch? Or should I talk about the biggest bed I've ever slept on. Better talk about the restaurant, with a delicious food, nice environment, good wine chart.
Breakfast is also very good, with a huge variety of food choices, and the same incredible view we had in our room.
All the information we needed was provided by the staff and even when we had a problem, with the car rental, the manager helped solving it.
Certainly, this hotel made our experience in Mykonos one of the best we've ever had.
Thanks a lot for that!

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

The first impression of this beautiful and tranquil hotel can not be beat. Upon entry, we were met with a friendly welcome that included cold refreshing towels and a tropical beverage. This personal attention was consistent throughout our stay as the hotel staff was always more then willing to help in any way they could. The accommodations of the hotel did not disappoint, from the beautifully decorated rooms to the breathtaking view from the breakfast room, the hotel was esthetically pristine. When our stay came to an end, we were very sad to leave and would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

From the moment we walked through the door we were greeted with open arms and taken care of every step of the way. The reception desk offered us beverages and cold towels to cool ourselves and the bell hop quickly took our luggage to our room. The room was charming with nightly turn down service and a wonderful view of the beach and ocean so we had a nice breeze. The hotel pool albeit too cold to swim in May had spectacular views of the ocean as well and is conveniently located right next to the terrific hotel restaurant and great bar. Stefanos was our bartender and we felt like family by the time we left. We went there 3 nights in a row after dining in town or on the beach. I cannot say enough good things about the spa. From the reception, to the specialist - I had THE BEST pedicure I've ever had in my entire life!!! I actually feel asleep as the room was dimly lit, the chair was super comfy and leaned all the way back and the manucurist was a pro. The spa is luxurious and clean as is the hotel. The hotel also has a nice gym and tennis courts. The hotel front desk reception was so accomodating and helpful that I actually gave her a present when our stay was over. Her name escapes me at this moment, but I know it began with an A. That's how helpful and kind she was. Just one more comment...there is another Myconian Hotel on the island, so when the van picks you up from the airport be sure to indicate the Myconian Ambassador and not the other one. We made that mistake at the airport and ended up at the other one which is a conference center and was about a 15 min drive from the Ambassador Hotel. Our troubles were quickly resolved though by the manager and he had another van take us to our correct hotel :). If you are looking to stay where all the nightclubs and action is, do not stay at this hotel... it's not in the center of town - in fact it's about a 8 min taxi drive. However, if you are looking to relax, get some beach time in and eat at wonderful beach restaurants (Notos) and enjoy the beautiful views stay here. It's a five star hotel and the service says it all. As a side note, if you walk down to the beach, you can get a ferry for a few Euro to any of the other beaches and there are little shops and restaurants on Platys Gialos. It's so pretty. Definitely stay here! It was the best hotel we stayed at during our 2 week trip to Greece.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The staff is surely wonderful and responsive. The food and drinks were overpriced. $7 Euros for a bottle of water seemed pricey. As we had dinner at many area restaurants, it was easy to see wide disparity in the cost of food here. If you want to live by the pool this is the place for you. If you get a room on the 5th floor be prepared for a walk up 8 floors or the use of two seperate elevators. The elevator wait was forever, so we walk up three flights of stairs, walked across into another building and then walked up another bank of floors. Getting to our rooms was an exercise in itself. The room was simply "ok". As we visited many other islands on our trip and stayed at many other hotels, I thought this hotel was "mediocre" and not worth its price. The beach across the street was nice. Too bad this hotel did not have its own access to the beach. The hotel suggested renting a car to get to town. Town was 10 minutes away and bus ride cost about $2 with no parking or rental hassle. Great hotel for people on an ego trip.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

The first thing about the Myconian Ambassador that caught my attention was the service. As soon as I walked through the door, we were offered some cool juice for refreshment and damp towels for cleaning our hands. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. I never had to touch my luggage until it was in our room, as the staff unloaded and brought it to our room for us. The hotel itself is exeptionally clean and very well decorated. The room I stayed in had a wonderful view of the beach and ocean. you can easily walk 3 minutes and be in the water, which was very clear and beautiful. The room service is exeptional as well. Multiple times I ordered a meal to my room and it arrived promptly, freshly made, on a silver platter with everything I needed. One other thing I enjoyed there was that they have an oversize chess board outside overlooking the town with peices about 2 feet tall. Unfortunately I did not use any of the services of the Thalasso Spa during my stay, but from what I saw inside, it looks amazing. The Myconian Ambassador is a definite 5 star hotel.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I have visited the Myconian Ambassador Hotel on four occasions since 1998 and have always had a wonderful stay. We love the setting just outside of the charming village of Mykonos. The facilities are superb, the staff courteous and professional and the food the best on the Island. We love everything about this lovely vacation hotel and spa. The manager, Vangelis, and his staff could not be more accommodating.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center? Share your experiences!