We stayed here in the hotel's final week in October. It was obviously not at full occupancy, but was so calm and relaxing. A very boutique feel despite it being quite a large hotel by Mykonos standards.
The decor is clean, white and light with fabulous views over the bay from practically every part of the hotel. Beautiful pool and about 50 metres to the lovely shingle/sand beach. A bus to the town runs regularly and is about a 5 minute walk however youll find it easier to rent a car if you want to see the island, particularly at the time of year we visited as services are limited.
The room had a huge comfortable (firm) bed, tv, free wifi, fridge and very effective ac. The bathroom was kept fully stocked with Korres and another premium Greek brand of toiletries and plenty of towels, in fact I think it was serviced dscreetly around 3 times a day. We had a large balcony which was furnished with two chairs and a table which caught e in all day.
The hotel also gives free access to the thalassotherapy suite which was great but we did not try any other services.
The downside for me was the price of food and drink. I don't mind paying hotel prices usually but 15 euros for a cocktail is just crazy in my view so we did not eat or drink with the exception of breakfast which was extensive, varied and generally excellent. Notos restaurant on the beach offered a far better alternative and the hotel did not seem to mind us bringing in wine purchased at local supermarkets (fabulous assyrtiko from santorini) despite saying otherwise in their brochure.
I would definitely return here again, it's a lovely, sophisticated and stylish boutique-style hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel And Thalasso Spa Center
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Platys Gialos
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel Thalasso Center
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center Mykonos, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Myconian Ambassador Hotel Relais & Chateaux is perfectly located near Mykonos Town and near the most famous beaches on Mykonos, Platis Yialos, Psarou, Paranga, Paradise and Agia Anna. The Myconian Ambassador offers spacious and exclusively designed Mykonos accommodation with superb views of the beach and Aegean Sea. Relax in your private pool or Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.