“Exceptional in every way!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Platis Gialos Beach, Platys Gialos 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Like other reviewers, we also arrived at this hotel after an extremely rough ferry ride, and the welcome we received from staff was exceptional - cold towels & iced tea were so refreshing & appreciated after such an awful travel experience on the ferry. Such a small gesture with huge impact. We were impressed from the moment we met the hotel driver & were continually impressed throughout our stay. The decor was modern, and always spotlessly clean. The staff were genuinely friendly, sincerely interested in ensuring our stay comfortable, and provided excellent service. Our room was incredible - modern, clean, spacious, gorgeous view of the beach - my husband & I enjoyed evening drinks with spectacular views from our patio each night. We appreciated the WiFi access - were able to hop on our Ipad in our room, by the pool, whenever we needed to. Housekeeping was wonderful - fresh clean towels twice/day, in the morning & then again in the evening. Food was delicious, pool was relaxing & again - exceptional service - someone came by regularly to offer a cool drink or cold towel - small & easy gestures with big impact & made us feel so special. No small details were missed - I was cleaning my sunglasses in the lobby while waiting for our transfer to the airport, and the bellman kindly offered to clean them for me - I've personally never experienced such luxurious service. It was truly amazing. Location was perfect, away from the busy area of Mykonos town but just a short 10min bus ride into Mykonos for touring as we wished. We would LOVE to return some day & HIGHLY recommend this hotel for your stay in Mykonos. Just Superb.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived at this beautiful hotel after an extremely rough ferry crossing from Athens and the welcome we received from the staff was exceptional. The cold towels and ice tea on arrival were such a nice touch and appreciated so very much after feeling so ill on the ferry. The lanterns with candles everywhere provided a lovely ambience and the warm welcome we received certainly made up for the ferry crossing. The staff were attentive and friendly and the next morning we were asked several times if we were feeling better. The atmosphere in the reception and restaurants areas was relaxed and service was beyond compare. They seem to genuinely care that you enjoy your stay. At the pool area we were again given refreshing cold towels and later our sunglasses were cleaned.....small things yes, but this is the level of service that puts the Myconian Ambassador in a class of its own. We would highly recommend this hotel for its beautiful Mediterranean decor, great views and above all, superb service.

Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

i stayed there in july 2012 and sept 2012, a small sammary:
1- my first visit they offered me an upgrade of our double room to double room with a private Jacuzzi, it was an extreme fancy stay.
2- the second time they offered me the double room with private jacuzzi for half the price.
3- they were very friendly and the staff were just perfect specially Ms. Roi, Kostantine the recieptionists, and Costas
4- the breakfast was perfectly made, delicious and contains anything you want.
5- they offers a daily 50 minutes some kind of spa (pool spa) on specific times, free platys gialos sun beds for all days you are staying and the location is next to bonatsa restaurant who has the BEST grilled calamari and pear salad.
6- you only have to be aware of the car rent company named F1rst which is on the left side of the road to town, they are theives bad car engines for 95 euros!! you can get smart caprio for 50 euro MAX in medium seasons (july 15 MAX - and from August 30 on).
7- the second drawback was the internet, it's not free and kind of expensive, but honestly it was VERY fast comparing to Leto hotel.
over all, this hotel desierves it all, but worth nothing if you are not renting a car or bike.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This review has been a long time coming so my apologies if I do not use names.

My fiance Panayioti and I stayed at the Myconian Ambassador this past August. Both of us Greek & already having been to Mykonos, we didn't know what to expect staying at this property as we 'thought we saw it all.' Working in hospitality management for many years, I have high expectations for customer service, quality and value when choosing hotels - our experience her was exceptional and I'll tell you why - excellent service, luxury, comfort & care.

Upon arrival at the airport, we were greeted by a very welcoming staff member. We were picked up in a luxury Mercedes, spacious & comfortable just like they advertised. Already very excited to be back, I had a feeling this was going to be an amazing getaway.

Once we arrived to the hotel, door/bell and the staff anticipated our every need from luggage assistance to a cocktail! The lobby was luxirious and welcoming. My fiancee and I were quickly aquainted with the front desk staff (blond girl, red hair, and young gentlemen who is a manager) and of course, the General Manager Vangeli who made us feel like we were the only guests in the hotel! Throughout our 5 day trip, we were greeted by name by ALL the staff members - they always remembered us and asked about our day and how they could help with any reservations or recommendations. It felt like we were staying with friends.

Our room - was AMAZING. I couldn't be more thankful to the staff for all their care & especially Vangeli who took such good care of us the whole trip. The housekeeping staff was great! They cleaned our room very well each day and came back in the evening to refresh & bring new towels. Our view was the best view I have seen on the island of Mykonos. The hotel sits just up on a hill over looking the beach and some restaurants/hotels. I wish I was there now!

If you're going on a trip as a couple - this is the right hotel. The restaurant food is delicious, pool area is relaxing, not many children running around so you have peace & quiet and the beach is just a few steps away.

My fiancee and I loved this trip so much we are definitely going to return - & I already know where we will stay. =]

/Sophia & Panayioti

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite - it is absolutely WORTH it! Views are incredible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

When we were searching for the perfect place for our family holiday, we couldn't have imagined anywhere more perfect than this hotel! Traveling with our 2 year old son, we wanted a place where we could relax and feel at ease even when he was running around the lobby or any other public area. The staff at Myconian Ambassador made us feel exactly that way. Every single one of them was always smiling, greeting us and going out of their way to assist us and to make us feel welcome. On top of the warm hospitality, the hotel itself is beautiful, the room was lovely (arranged twice daily!) and the food at breakfast very good. We've travelled a lot all over the world and have never seen such a high level of service. Thank you so much for helping make it a perfect vacation for us!!
Mykonos itself is a lovely island with lovely people and beautiful beaches!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I have been travelling a lot all around the world, and I must say that the Myconian Ambassador is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in.

It was the second time we were in Mykonos this year. First time the hotel was great, but nothing exceptional. This time we chose this hotel and everything was perfect.

When I made the booking, I mentioned that it was our 5th wedding anniversary and asked them if they could do any nice upgrade for us, unfortunately when we arrived on the Saturday, the hotel was fully booked.

Later in the evening we met Mr. Vangelis Daktylides, general manager of the hotel, and I told him that everything looked very great, and it was a shame that we couldn't have this upgrade. He told me to come to the reception the next morning to check if they could do something for us. When I came to the reception, they proposed us to visit a superior room, and this room was just perfect. The furniture, the view, the terrace. So they offered us to upgrade in this room. I couldn't believe it was real. So nice from them.

The service at the restaurant and at the pool bar was also really great. I asked the barman to serve me some cocktails that weren't at the menu and he did without telling me "No, I can't, it's not on the menu".

I also went to the Spa for a manicure and pedicure, one of the best I've ever had.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The decoration and all the little details make the Myconian Ambassador a real Relais Chateaux. I think if we go back to Mykonos (for sure we will), we'll have another stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice and been to Mykonos 9 times. Everyone has bad experiences and it's understandable that any hotel won't always get things right. However it is very unhelpful for users of this forum to be misled by people quoting incorrect facts about their stay.

For us this hotel is expensive if you pay the full rate, however we secured a great deal via Booking.com and for the price we paid we couldn't ask for more, especially as we were given a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pool! The staff are impeccable, always smart, friendly and willing to help, without exception. The wi-fi is complimentary and works fine. The breakfast has just about everything you can think of and is good quality. The pool area is nice too as is the spa.

The food at the poolside restaurant was pretty average especially for the price so we wouldn't recommend eating there, much better to go to one of the restaurants on Platis Gialos beach front, especially Avli Tou Thodori (the one with an orange/yellow circle as it's logo).

The room needed some updating, especially the bathroom which was very 80's decor and I guess if you were paying the 500+ euros per night for this room you wouldn't be too impressed. But email the hotel first and ask them specifically for updated rooms and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Room Tip: If paying full price email the hotel first and make sure you specify the room you want and that it w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Spa Center? Share your experiences!