“Paradise: Excellent hotel & Wonderful staff..Amazing vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Petinos Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Platis Gialos Beach 116, Platys Gialos 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Beirut, Lebanon
“Paradise: Excellent hotel & Wonderful staff..Amazing vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I spent my 2012 vacation in greece, part of it at Mykonos in Petionos beach Hotel.
It is a lovely place & the staff there are really charming & friendly.

They have 2 nice restaurants & direct access to the beach
It is also 10 min away from town via bus
I highly recommend it !!! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This Hotel is perfectly located. True, it's a bit of a cab/bus ride from Mykonos Town, but that's not a bad thing. You're literally on the beach and there are a variety of little bars/restaurants/tavernas to hang out at. Further, it's right by the boats that can take you literally wherever you want on the island. It's owned by one of the few families that owns basically all hotels on this island so that is also helpful. Rooms are nice. Typical white stucco, tile, windows etc. Cute and quaint. I'd come back if I wanted to stay in Platys Gialos.

Room Tip: worth a beach view...which all of them have!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Whakatane, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

When booking at Petinos I decided I may only get to Mykonos once so booked a seaview room at a higher cost but am so glad I did. We had a balcony overlooking the sea and it was absolutely beautiful. To the right we had a view of the rest of the hotel across the road and to the left, along the Platis Yalos Beach with all it's umbrellas.
Our room was huge! The bathroom also huge and included a bath, shower, and long vanity with 2 basins. It had a marble look to it.
Room servicing was excellent - the only place we stayed at during our 6 week Europe holiday, that changed our towels twice daily. Huge wardrobe meant clothes were out of view & hung up.
We had free airport pickup, and drop off at the Port.
Two restaurants meant food choices were great - pizza or gourmet, you could have it. Breakfast was ample with a large selection incl my favourite - boiled eggs.
I would consider staying here again if I return to Mykonos. It is 10 minutes from main town but no problem on our scooters. (Don't bother pre-booking scooters as I did, we got run down ones on the other side of the island when there was a scooter hire place next door).

Room Tip: Just a note - if you don't book a seaview room I noticed that some rooms were alongside the road...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our 3 nights stay at the Petinos was very good, specially the location was fantastic with so many good restaurants lined up just at the doorstep. The beach was excellent and the water crystal clear, you can see the little fish swimming around the foot in the clear water!

For the first 3 days, breakfast was served in La Pisina restaurant. It was fantastic! Such a treat with the best greek yoghurt I ever had in my life! And the greek cakes were homemade and delicious. The hotel must not have been full, because the 2 mornings my husband and I had breakfast there, there was only one other couple having breakfast. The variety and quantity of food was huge for just us 4. But the food was the most delicious food I ever had at hotels breakfast.

However, on our last day there, they decided to serve breakfast at the blue myth restaurant (it is bigger than La Pisina) and they merged several hotels together, serving all their hotel guests there. It was packed, and the food was not as nice. It was not well organised that morning, but Im sure this is the exception rather than the norm at the Petinos Beach.

The waitresses who served us breakfast every morning were very friendly and warm. They really make everything to welcome you at the restaurant. They sure contributed to making our stay very special.

However, the reception staff could do with a bit more friendliness, and warmth. They were efficient and professional, but we felt they were a bit cold.

We had the Sea View room, and was pleased with the room. It was clean and comfortable, and the view was amazing. However, bathroom we thought could do with a renovation, specially the shower which was very small. The curtain in the shower was a bit outdated, and was hard to stop water splashing on the floor.

All up, I would recommend the hotel because of the location, comfort and cleanliness of the hotel in general and the view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I want to start off by saying that I have never been to Mykonos before. I had booked 4nights at the Argo that received very high reviews on tripadvisor. I am still puzzled as to why. We checked out of the Argo and went to stay at Petinos and it was like night and day. Everything was a step up and then some. It is a small resort with comfy rooms. You do not go to Mykonos to stay in the room. I truly enjoyed the service and I thought the buffet which has put all boutique hotels buffets to shame in my opinion, was amazing. I looked forward to it every morning. I can not wait to go back to this place. For weeks after returning home, all I could do was think of Petinos Beach in Mykonos. Truly delightful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at Petinos beach hotel for 5 days in September. The rooms was clear but very small and balcony too small like does not exist. The breakfast was disgusting with many flies around your plate. It was very expensive for the quality that they served in the room! Last but not least the location was great. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent four delightful days here in early October. It was everything it promised and more. Wonderful location, delightful staff, clean and spacious rooms. The hotel recommended a scooter rental and we were able to park right under our rooms. The staff were so helpful, and deserve to be commended: Julie, Sofia, Olga, Susannah and Tatiana. Thank you for making our trip so memorable. We hope to return!

Breakfast service was A+ but the food was only average. In fact, I told the front desk that the food, overall, was only average. But there are many other locations to choose from.

The spa was closed.

Room Tip: Our rooms had a spacious patio and gorgeous view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Petinos Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!