“Delicious food and awesome service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Delicious food and awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We came here on our honeymoon in June and happened to stumble by when the Greece/Germany soccer game was on. We sat down for dinner and the environment is great. The food was excellent. Our favorite was the dessert: honey-glazed doughnuts. The owner came over and introduced himself. He brought over some traditional Greek liquor to celebrate our marriage and invited us back before we left Mykonos. We did come back for lunch one day and he remembered us and sent over complimentary dessert. Definitely worth the visit on your next Mykonos adventure!

Visited June 2012

• Greek first
Fredrikstad
“Delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A fantastic restaurant with such a great service. The menu has a wide range of food. Try that Lamb Hock!

Visited October 2012
New York
“First meal in Greece”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went with my cousin our first night in Greece. Truly amazed at how busy they were at 9pm. I enjoyed my first authentic Greek meal. My cousin wasn't that impressed. Location was perfect. Walking distance from my hotel. And I thought prices would be higher but the meal was surprisingly affordable and I love that they bring out little donuts with nutella with your check.

Visited August 2012
East Grinstead
“Not So Authentic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have visited Greece 33 times over 30 years involving trips to some 20 plus small islands. I was therefore intrigued to see whether this restaurant / taverna lived up to expectations given by this site. Sadly it failed!

I always test a tarverna by trying traditional dishes. In this case, a Greek salad and a Lamb Kleftiko. The salad was nothing special. The Kleftiko was the worst I have ever experienced and I've had some poor ones! Presented in filo pastry it was served on its own. Rather like a steak and kidney pie served in England with nothing to accompany it!

The above aside, this is clearly a popular restaurant albeit patrons are generally younger people with, I guess, significantly less travel experience in Greece. The waiters are so busy that any personal attention was lacking. If anything our impression was that it was more like a Gastro pub in the UK as opposed to an authentic Greek taverna.

Will certainly give it another try when next in Mykonos ( I have been 5 times ) but there are better tucked away ones if you know where to find them! Better quality and better price! Sorry!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Indeed the number 1 restaurant in Mykonos and I'd say even Greece!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food combined with excellent service! We came here last night for dinner and we are back here again for lunch.. Am writing the review while inside the restaurant.. Recommend the grilled calamari with eggplant dip. The calamari was very tender and goes perfectly well with the dip that doesn't even taste like eggplant! Also recommend the bass fillet with mashed potato and the grilled octopus with fava beans..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere