Travelled with Thomson's to the Grand Palladium Palace Hotel Ibiza for a 14 day stay. Flights from and to Glasgow first class with excellent service provided by on-board staff.
Hotel only 10 - 15 minutes from the Airport. First impressions - lovely hotel - handed wet towel and cooling drink on arrival - very impressed. Wrist bands issued for duration of stay together with towel availability cards.
We stayed in room 1205 in the main building. The room was large with a good sized balcony - well appointed with a fridge which was stocked with soft drinks and bottles of water ( restocked every 2 days ). Tea making facilities - large TV which had to be tuned into English channels. The bathroom contained usual toilet/bidet and a Jacuzzi / shower bath together with hair dryer. Again adequate toiletries and towels provided throughout our stay.
Dressing gowns and slippers provided however, necessitated a visit to reception to obtain lager sized robes. Free wall safe provided within each room.
The hotel resort is well served with three restaurants one of which is A la carte. The food quantity, variety and quality could not be questioned. First class fare. Unusual for the A la carte restaurant to be provided free of charge. The food and service was excellent. However, get there early to ensure you get a table.
The swimming pools are fantastic with adequate numbers of sun loungers always available. Bali style beds also available. Programmes are provided for teens and small children on a daily basis with plenty to do adequately supervised by hotel entertainment staff. ( Above average involvement with plenty of interaction with parents and patrons ).
Adequate Drinks are provided free of charge at various locations and brand named drinks made available upon request. There are charges applicable for certain cocktails etc. but not necessary for those patrons who enjoy a good spirit / beer etc. Champagne is available FREE at any time and is provided at breakfast if necessary. Lots of little extra's like sandwiches and cakes etc. provided throughout the day.
In addition to the children's activities there is an excellent adults programme provided by the resort entertainment team. Evening shows are provided in a large circus tent - again provided by the entertainment team. First class.
The hotel has access to the beach via a locked gate. However, patrons should be aware that the resort does NOT provide or own any facilities on the beach such as sun loungers etc. which need to be paid for if required. Watch out for pick-pockets and bag snatchers !!
The quality and friendliness of ALL staff within the resort was EXCELLENT and a credit to the local management team ethos.
One small but important issue which has been identified by numerous reviews was the hardness of the bed-mattress !! The reception will go out of their way to provide some cushioning but - A good nights sleep is an important part of any holiday. The resort management team need to address this issue as soon as possible !!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. One of the best all inclusive resorts we have visited. Will definitely return again next year ( beds and all ??).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable holiday right on the beachfront of the renowned Playa d’en Bossa. The resort also offers six spacious meeting rooms with the latest technology that allows for events and celebrations of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Palace Ibiza Hotel Playa d`En Bossa
- Hotel Palladium Palace Ibiza
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa Playa D'en Bossa