“Great hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa to your Saves list
Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Afores s/n, 07817 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 39 hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Dublin
“Great hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in fiesta hotel, very close to ibiza airport. Only 10 EUR in a taxi. The hotel is situated right on the beach and beside two fantastic clubs; ushuaia and space. We had half board in the hotel, breakfast and dinner were great, good choice. Didnt spend anytime at the pool as we were moving around the island alot but it always looked pretty busy. Rooms were very spacious and clean. You have a choice of a balcony facing out onto ushuaia club at night or the other side and watching the planes land in at night time, really spectacular.

Would def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This property was fabulous! Large airy spacious rooms, excellent buffet at the restaurant, a short cab drive from airport, two fantastic clubs (Space and Ushuaia) at stone’s throw away and beautiful beach and pool to beat the heat in party town of Ibiza.

I stayed with a friend at the property for three nights on half board (break fast and dinner included) basis. We were on the top of floor of the hotel occupying room 808. The room was nicely decorated and had a huge balcony overlooking the pool and beach. It had a ceiling fan to go with your regular air conditioning! We had slight problem with air conditioner water leakage on day one which was fixed in no time on reporting it to the reception desk.

Breakfast and dinner served at the restaurant were excellent with plenty of choices of hot food, meats, sea food, cheeses and salads. My favorite item for breakfast was ham sandwiches (toasted to perfection) and crisp fresh hash potatoes to go with hot chocolate. Dinner was a treat too, with live grill counter serving sumptuous fishes, pork chops, vegetables amongst other things. Only disappointment was deserts on the buffet.

Quality of the sleep was excellent at the rooms considering you are in party town of Ibiza with blaring loud music being played day and night and there are car on the roads all the time. The curtains in the room were tough enough to keep any sunlight away if you are a light sleeper like me and would like to rest in the day time after partying all night long!

The hotel has a private beach and a large swimming pool to ensure you get enough sun and a nice tan! Very close to the hotel you have lot of super markets, eating joints, bars, shopping places i.e. if you feel like stepping outside the property. And there are bus stops close by if you would like to explore other parts of the island like San Antonio and Ibiza town away from serene Playa den Bossa were the hotel is located.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel as we was looking to stay at Ushuaia again but unfortunately they were fully booked. Anyway we booked this hotel as it was next to Ushuaia and we was actually pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and the rooms were ok. The breakfast buffett when we actually got up in time for it was also quiet nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel if it is something a little cheaper and basic in Den Bossa.

Room Tip: I had a room that overlooked the pool and beach so my view was quite nice
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would not stay here again. As noted by numerous people, it has salt water in the bathrooms. There is no excuse for this. Uhsuaia is next door and is owned by the same people. They do not have salt water in the bathrooms. I have heard an excuse given that in this part of playa d’en bossa, salt water is the only option. That is obviously nonsense. I suspect this was the system they put in when they built the hotel and they have not bothered updating it since. Trying to wash your face in salt water is grim, very grim. The amount of times I got stinging eyes as drops got in is not funny! I also asked for a Uhsuaia view and did not get one. The reception also seemed badly organised. I had to wait quite a long time to check in as there was only one lady working on reception. Well, there was another man, but he seemed more interested in doing his paperwork than addressing the long queue of people waiting to be dealt with. I didn’t eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. The drinks in the bar seemed reasonably priced. Another positive was the size of the room and it was relatively modern. It was also serviced every day. However overall Uhsuaia is a much better option.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just stayed 7 days here during the second week in Sept, on the 6th floor, with my girlfriend - probably the best week of partying we've ever had!

It's my 4th time in Ibiza (all 3 star hotels), and this is the best hotel of the 4 I've been in. Lots of positives for this hotel - ideal location for the shops, beach, bars & clubs in PdB, v nice swimming pool (slightly salty water but not a problem) with lots of (free of charge) sunbeds around it, nice poolside bar & music (tho it's bit cheesy pop/chart stuff rather than the house or trance music which we'd 've preferred), good soundproofing from outside noise of planes & music, 3 lifts all working fine and NOT slow (as some reviewers would have you believe), helpful staff when needed, clean rooms - the bath gel & shampoo minatures, the towels and the bedding changed EVERY DAY by the maids, amazing power shower, loads of coathangers in large wardrobe, effective aircon in the room (at no extra charge!). Stayed half board (brekky & evening meal) - it's a buffet layout, very wide choice of foods hot & cold, delicious (girlfriend is vegetarian and still good choice for her to eat too).
And we only paid £332 each! AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY - you'll save at least 150-200 euros a week on not having to eat out if you go half board like we did (OK we missed brekky 3 times coz were out clubbing til 6.30am :0), but you'll still save a packet on food, great if you're on a budget, more money to spend on partying :0). No kids or families at the hotel either, which we thought was great.

OK, now the negatives - Im having to nitpick here, personally there was nothing about this hotel that I could grumble about, I was delighted! - remember, it's only a 3 star & we paid very little - I think some other reviewers of this hotel who've slated it really should manage their expectations better and should really have shelled out for a 4 or 5 star if they expect the Ritz, coz I think they aint gonna get better than this hotel at bargain prices like this. OK here goes - although soundproofing from outside noise is good, the walls between rooms are thin, so if you're a v light sleeper and you've come for lots of sleep (why are you staying in PdB then?), and you're unlucky to get noisy people next door, then you may have some problem. Also, girls - try not to walk around the room completely naked coz the maids are probably too helpful in that they're so keen to clean & give you fresh towels every day that occasionally they MAY come in your room unexpectedly in the daytime (I thought it was hilarious, only happened the once to us ;). Oh, and I read people saying that the tapwater is really salty, but the tapwater in Spain is a bit salty everywhere I've stayed - deal with it, this hotel isnt any different to the other 3 star hotels as far as the water's concerned. You can still shower in it & brush your teeth fine, just don't drink it. My girlfriend occasionally finished rinsing her hair with some bottled water before we went out clubbing, so it's not a problem. The safe hire is 4 euros per day extra - a pretty standard charge from my experience. And yes, if you want a fridge, tv, iron or hire a beach towel you'll have to pay extra, but we didn't need to hire those things (just leave the aircon on, and your bottled water ll stay cool in the room). Oh, and if you're half board/all inclusive, although drinks (water, juice, tea, coffee) are provided free at brekky, you will have to shell out 2 euros for a bottle of water at evening meal (or there's soft & alcoholic drinks also available v cheap as well).

All in all, I'd definately stay again at this hotel next year, it's a bargain, completely exceeded my expectations

Room Tip: We were on 6th floor, fine, the lifts are good.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I returned last week from a week's stay in this hotel. I will start with the positives as they are deserved:

1 - The location, as everyone says, is second to none if you are here for Ibiza's nightlife. Seconds from Ushuaia, Space, the bus stop for the Disco Bus (make sure you pick up a timetable for this bus which runs quite frequently throughout the entire night to and from all the major clubs to save on taxi prices - just three euros for this bus!), and a short walk to the strip.
2 - The salt water in the taps, while not ideal, was fine really, just made my hair a bit frizzy but ladies take hair straighteners and you will be fine!
3 - The rooms in general are very nice. No sign of a fridge (even after asking about this, was told there are not any) but they are large, have sea views, cleaned to a high standard daily (apart from the day where a maid broke our shower curtain rail, left the whole thing in the bath and did a runner, leaving a bunch of her cleaning stuff behind!...but when we reported this it was soon fixed). Very comfortable indeed.
4 - We were on bed and breakfast only but the breakfast was really good, probably the best I have ever had in a foreign hotel, loads of choice hot and cold to suit any taste (mmm I miss the toasted cheese and ham sandwiches just thinking about it...!)
5 - The staff, in general, are nowhere near as rude as some people here are making out, however...

THE BAD:
1 - As suggested by a few people on here I phoned one week in advance to request a room overlooking Ushuaia, not just because of Ushuaia but from looking at pics it seemed to have a better view plus we like sitting on our balcony in the afternoons, which with west facing balconies is not possible as it is too hot in the sun. BIG MISTAKE as I was told the only way they could do this is if we paid SIXTEEN EUROS A NIGHT EXTRA! So there was no way we were going to do that, I just said if there happened to be one available that would be nice.

When we got there I mentioned this again but was met with 'No can't do it sixteen euros a night extra', and we were put on the other side of the hotel. Thinking there is no way that half of all the people staying in the hotel were paying this supplement, I consoled myself thinking perhaps they were paying more overall or that our tour operator did not have rooms on that side. BUT THEN - on the second last day of our stay I met with an elderly couple who were on the same flight as us staying the same length of time, same tour operator etc, who were exasperated as they had a room facing Ushuaia which they didn't want because of the noise!

So all this leaves me to think is that the hotel is quite simply a downright money making at every opportunity exercise, and if I had never requested it it is quite likely we would have been placed there by chance, but when they sniff out someone who wants it they grab the opportunity to make more money, a thought which was strengthened when I spotted that the same company (Fiesta) owns Ushuaia too!

2 - More on the money making side of things; we hired a safe deposit box on the second day of our stay, was charged for the entire duration (well ok its just four euros so didnt make a fuss). The thing simply did not work, even the technicians came to confirm this, however reception refused to refund us our money - I had a big argument with a very stroppy lady about this to no avail. I definitely agree that the hotel's management needs to seriously re-assess the reception staff as I have NEVER felt so like reception staff at a hotel were 'out to get' us - normally you feel like they are there to look after you but this is definitely not the case in this hotel!

With this being said, for what you pay if you are not bothered by the things you have to pay extra for and want a comfortable stay in a great location, then this ticks plenty of boxes. You can literally see the airport from the hotel but the planes didnt bother us at all.

Now about D'en Bossa etc - there are plenty of great bars with decent drinks offers along the main strip, Bora Bora a few minutes away. I would agree with the review below that the two best places for food are Ibiza Rocks and Mumak on the beach with its funky Thai style eating areas.

WARNING! DO NOT try and hire sunbeds on the beach as they charge upwards of 24 euros a day! Now I have been on beaches all over Spain and Greece and this has to be some sort of record. Our rep told us on parts of the Island they get away with charging over 200 euros for a sun bed so BE CAREFUL!

If you are up for a bit of exploring as well, take the no.14 bus from outside the hotel into Ibiza town, and also highly recommended is a boat trip to nearby Formentera which is just absolutely stunningly beautiful. We also hired a car fairly cheaply one day from nearby Maxi Rent (where the lady was very nice and helpful), and drove to all the beaches up the west coast of the Island, which was easy to do in one day and a great way to see the island.

In case you don't know, the drinks prices in Ushuaia and the big clubs are also off the charts but this is par for the course.

I would go back to this hotel, but not before I have managed to get rid of the bitter taste in my mouth...

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking Ushuaia DONT request it!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are sorry that you were not fully satisfied with our services. But we thank you for your advice, with your help we can always improve our offers of services for our clients. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our location and rooms and we hope to see you again at one of our Fiesta Hotel Group resorts/hotels in future.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I (both 25, first time in Ibiza) stayed here from 01 Sep-08 Sep 2012 and admittedly were getting a little worried about what we were going to find upon arrival after reading some of the reviews. By the end of our stay, we didn't have any major complaints at all so felt the hotel deserves a bit more credit than it's been getting!

Firstly, you're setting yourself up immediately for disappointment if you book here expecting luxury. It's a 3 star hotel and has all the basics but it's by no means fancy. The rooms have clearly been very recently redecorated and the bathroom suite looked quite new. We were surprised to find our double room actually had a double bed instead of just two singles pushed together. There's a spacious wardrobe, bedside cabinets and a (really old!) TV and not much else but how much else do you need?! Air conditioning is fortunately included with the price of the room but you will have to pay for a fridge and use of the safety deposit box - we just bought 2L bottles of frozen water from the supermarket and kept our valuables locked in our cases as it really didn't strike us as the type of place where we'd have to worry about security.
The rooms were cleaned every day (Tip - make use of the "Do Not Disturb" sign if you're in your room between 9-5pm as those maids will just walk right in!), fresh towels whenever we needed them etc. I didn't find the salt water from the taps particularly bad as I was only brushing my teeth but I have to agree with others who have said they felt pretty dirty by the end of their stay as the salty shower, although fine for the first few days, left us feeling a bit gross by the end of the week!
Each room has a decent-sized balcony and all rooms (apart from maybe the first floor) have a sea view.
The hotel in general was very clean. The pool is fantastic and it's here that you really notice the lack of children in the hotel! There are plenty sun loungers but also a lot of tables and chairs around. The pool bar is decent for drinks, not so much for food but it's okay if you're desperate.
We paid for breakfast only and were quite glad of this as I doubt the lunch and dinner buffet's would have been up to much - breakfast was basic but quite varied and the few times we made it in time, we found it wasn't as bad as we might have expected going by other reviews.
The beach is literally through a gate at the poolside and down a few steps. Ushuaia is directly next door, you couldn't be any closer unless you stayed there instead.

The only other issue raised in other reviews that I agreed with is that the walls really are paper-thin. If you have a few people in your room and play music, your next door neighbours will likely hear every word! Not a major complaint though, there can't be many people who stay here who are expecting to get a good nights sleep - that's not really how this part of Ibiza works!
Oh yeah, and aeroplanes fly over every 10-20 minutes (not as much during the night) as the airport is very close to the hotel (we could clearly see our hotel while on the plane waiting to take off) but it never bothered us, you just kind of get used to it.

The beach is great, very clean and not too crowded. Bora Bora is a few minutes walk down the beach and is well worth checking out - the atmosphere is amazing! Murphys Irish pub is also a few minutes walk from the hotel and has the cheapest drinks so also worth checking out. Space is right across the road from the hotel and there are loads of other clubs very nearby so if you're there for the clubbing (we weren't but there were plenty of bars and restaurants to keep us busy!) you're in the best location possible.
Take the No.14 bus (every 20 mins) from the bus stop outside the hotel to the Old Town for a bit of culture, it's beautiful and if you can muster the strength to climb to the very top of Dalt Vila the views are stunning.
For great food, try the Ibiza Rocks Diner a couple of minutes down the road and Mumak, an Asian fusion-type place on the beach just next to Ibiza Rocks. Sissi's is another, slightly pricier, restaurant we tried (approx 60euro for two mains, one dessert and one round of drinks, although there was complimentary sparkling wine) but it's worth a try if you're looking for somewhere to have a romantic meal.

In summary, most recent reviews don't really do this hotel justice - we had a brilliant stay and would probably stay again for the location alone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor on the Ushuaia side of the hotel - we stayed in a 4th floor room on t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa? Share your experiences!