“Awful for people with pushchairs.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atzaro Apartments

You added Atzaro Apartments to your Saves list
Atzaro Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   C/ Arguelagues 7 | Complex La Noria, 07800 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
London
“Awful for people with pushchairs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We have just returned from staying at this 3 co-joined hotel metropolis. (la noria club hotel, playa grande and atzaro)
There are SO many stairs and no lifts at all which makes it a virtual nightmare for families with young ones in pushchairs or anyone in a wheel chair for that matter.
There are ramps but there are only 2 which are SO steep they're like an amusement park ride!
You are rudely awakened by a spanish MC shouting above commercial dance music tunes blasting out around 10am in the morning. Incidently this goes on until 12 at night with the ibiza caberet put on for guests in the evening which is horrid to say the least.
They also want 50 euros deposit for tv and air con remote controls which is ridiculous!
When we first arrived our air con didn't even work so we had to move rooms which was a nightmare with a young baby.
There is no parking available near the hotel at all which again adds to the nightmare with a pushchair and the load of stuff you have to cart around having a young baby.

DO NOT stay here! The room service is the only thing that vaguely redeemed our stay with clean towels everyday but even then the maids try and get in your room early in the day.

I would advise you all not to go with GPS hotels at all in ibiza as they seems to have bought up everywhere and are dying to rip you off and give you the minimum for your money.

The true spirit of ibiza is being ruined by greedy hotel/apartment owners. I have been for the last 8 years but we certainly won't be going again. It was not nice.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Me and two mates stayed here for 11 days at the start of July. Thank god we were only in Ibiza for the clubbing and Bora Bora beach at Playa D'en Bossa. If I hadn't seen it first hand I couldn't have made up the dross served up at this "resort". The rooms were as turgid as everyone else has made out, with the occasional electric spark flying out of the plugs whenever you use them so enhancing our entertainment. Lest I forget the entertainment!!! The dreadful "Setta Marie Club" anthem was sung at least twice a day every day for our duration by the world's worst reps. The only people they were entertaining were themselves. The roll call of dishonour included a DJ playing music full blast at any hour of the day or night (thank god I haven't got kids, most of it was Eminem informing me in no uncertain terms of the violence betrothed on his enemies) and various other reps pestering us for tickets to Privilege or putting on nauseating cabaret which made Punch and Judy look like the Royal Shakespeare Company. The only two times we needed any assistance was for a taxi to the airport and to find out if there was a free bus to a club - they failed on both counts but I admired their consistency in lack of service. Oh, they did have a decent table tennis table. And we did manage to get one change of sheets in 11 days, but were met with an utter refusal to replenish us with soap (you know, the little bars that resemble a mint imperial after one wash). Thankfully most of the trip was spent on the beach or at the fantastic Space nightclub rocking it to a bit of Steve Lawler and Jonatahn Ulysses for "We Love" and other fantastic nights around the island. Otherwise I would have a good mind to complain, "senor, hay una mosca en mi sopa!!"

• Liked — The ease with which you could leave it and get to the beach
  • Disliked — The entire complex
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My partner and a few of our friends stayed here for 4 nights at the end of June. The hotel was very cheap so I did not expect too much. The room was clean and large and on arrival I was surprised at this due to the amount of money that we paid. I decided to pay the extra few quid for all inclusive, now I wish I hadn't bothered! My partner was very ill on the last day which we can only put down to the raw pork kebabs that they served. He didn't realise they were raw until he'd eaten two chunks. Our friend's also had the same meal and all the kebabs were raw! The drinks are served in little plastic cups, I mean all drinks! Beer, water, cocktails and even coffee! There are plently of cafes and other places you can eat in the area so I felt that there was no need to pay the extra for the all inclusive. We had a room which was on the ground level, next to the pool. this would have been very nice but we were there for the clubs and did not take very well to spanish aerobics from 10am each morning! The hotel done the job, it was basic and clean. I wouldn't stay there again, but I probably wouldn't stay in Playa den Bossa again either.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Food!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Belfast, Northern Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We have just returned from a last minute week break at La Noria in Playa D'en Bossa. On arrival we were instantly horrified. The hotel is next to an empty hotel and a building site. We had booked into the hotel on an all-inclusive deal, however, the poor-english speaking receptionist gave us a room in the apartments (which are 2 star - hotel is 3). With no directions to the room we spent a good 10 minutes looking for our room and then pulling our suitcases up 3 flights of narrow stairs(there are no lifts or wheelchair ramps in the complex). We then made our way to dinner - which we had to ask for directions to and ask what time meals were at. To our horror, they were not serving pasta or rice or even chips but warmed up ready salted crisps to accompany the dodgy looking meat on offer. There were no vegetarian options available. We went out for dinner that evening and subsquently we ended up eating out every meal of the holiday as the food was totally inedible. The first evening I managed 20 minutes sleep due to the unbelievable noise in the building. People were running around the corridors and screaming and knocking on people's doors. It felt extremely unsafe and the next morning, after tearful begging to a very ignorant receptionist, they told me we would not be moved as the hotel was full. My partner eventually ensured that we were moved the following day as we pointed out we had booked into the hotel. The hotel was a bit quieter with a nicer pool and slightly nicer rooms although cleanliness was not high on their agenda!! Breakfast at La Noria was a selection of puff pastries from the local Lidl. No hot food. Even the cereal on offer was inedilble. The pool was quiet however, sunloungers were dirty and there were only a handful. There were very few English speaking families at the resort and so all entertainment, kids club etc were geared towards the Spanish and Italian at the resort. On the occasions that we did try the food at the hotel, it wasx generally raw (even potatoes!!). Playa D'en Bossa itself left a lot to be desired. The sand on the beach had just been turned and was left extremely muddy. There were few restaurants and one evening we actually walked for 45 minutes to find somewhere to eat. This is definitely not somewhere for families!! We asked for the complaint book at the hotel (which is the hotel has to have by law), but surprise, surprise, they didn't have one. We asked to make an official complaint and we made the hotel manager sign a copy. we are now in the process of considering claiming the all-inclusive aspect back. This hotel is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. The hotel tried to blame it on us saying it was a clutural issue even though we are frequent visitors to Spain. Do not grace this hotel with your presence. It is truly awful.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochdale, Lancashire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I stayed here with my Husband, my 18month Old Boy, My mum in law and her best male friend. So there were 4 adults and one infant. The rooms are TINY. There was me and my husband in one room with our baby, and believe me, when you get a cot in there, you can hardly get into your wardrobe, so we had to leave the full suitcase near the doorway blocking the entrance. You got no spare pillows and the same towels were left in the rooms for about 2-3days before being changed, so we had to use wet used towels quite often - not very pleasant.

We were placed on the 3rd floor when stated we had a child with pram and an elderly partly disabled woman with us, and there were no lifts. Therefore my husband had to carry about 7 suitcases up and down by himself!

Dont get me started on the food. My mother in law lost almost a stone in the week that we were there, due to the fat that there was nothing to eat unless you were into your raw meats and squid. It was mainly catering for the french and germans, in fact there was only us and 2 other families that were english. The food was the same at all meal times, and for an all inclusive it was very very dissappointing. My little boy wouldnt eat anything and normally he would eat everything! We had to spend most of our spening money going elsewhere for meals, when we had already paid for the food on the all inclusive, so we were far from happy. There was never any toast for breakfast, the choice for breakfast was always rubbery cheese, ham and bread, and orange segments in juice. Drinks - were TINY also! The cups were just a little larger than shot size, so when they gave you a drink, you had to go back almost straight away afterwards. Thats about it. It was terrible. Before you go, make sure you understand FRENCH GERMAN and SPANISH, as this is all the entertainments language. We managed to sit at the poolside and bar for about half an hour before leaving becuase we never understood what was being said. - This was every night really loudly till about 2am.

On the upside, the staff were very nice. And is located in the heart of Playa Den Bossa - which is also not my scene, as there is not very much going on.

I will CERTAINLY NOT be going here again - I have to say it is the worst hotel i have EVER stayed in - and I am not fussy!! Thanks for reading my review i hope it helped.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything / Food
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

Three friends and I got a lastminute.com deal for 6 nights in late September at the Playa Grande apartments, which are part of the Club La Noria complex in Playa D'En Bossa, Ibiza.
"You get what you pay for" is true. We paid very little in return for basic accomodation. The apartment was small, definitely a stretch for four people. Rather than sofa beds in the living area, there were just sofas. It was a case of, first two home get the real beds! The apartment was adequate but a little shabby, e.g. the blackout blinds (an absolute must after clubbing all night) were ripped to shreds so didn't keep the sun out.
Cleaning consisted of the cleaners popping their heads in at some random time of day, and backing straight out if they saw anyone was home. We only got our bedclothes changed only once during the week as they just wouldn't clean while anyone was there. They did leave random piles of towels and toilet rolls in the corridors though.
The pool area was clean and would have been fairly chilled (end of season so not too many people), but the reps insisted on playing cheesy music at a ridiculous volume from 9 or 10 in the morning. Even though our apartment wasn't overlooking the pool, the noise still managed to permeate every corner.
On the upside, we were just left to our own devices which is exactly what we wanted. We were not "all inclusive" (thank God, having read reviews of the food!), so we used the apartment as a base to explore the island. Playa D'En Bossa is pretty busy but the Club la Noria complex is nicely hidden away from the hustle and bustle.
Considering it was less that €100 each for the week, I'm perfectly satisfied with the Playa Grande apartments. One piece of advice though: Make sure you bring ear plugs and an eye mask!

• Liked — There were many Spaniards staying there, so didn't feel like a "Brits on Holiday" type of place
  • Disliked — The pool DJ was terrible!
  • Tips/Secrets — Most days at 12pm the reps get people up for a dance routine by the pool. Hilarious!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

got home from the la noria complex in late may2006 and not a minute too soon.so on to my review and I will try not to go over the top too much but I was right affronted at my ordeal there.
We arrived on a lovely day in may to be told by the reception that we were being bumped from our chosen accom i.e the playa grande into the atzarro complex instead,to say we were less than pleased would be an understatement as the alternative was a bridge too far for me and my partner.The apartment itself was well presented with a small but adequate balcony,but the air conditioning didnt work and our view consisted of a pool filled with green goo,turned out our initial impressions were misjudged as the green goo became a work in progress with pnuematic drills etc.,and the pool of green goo view was transformed into pool of the year,walls were knocked down and we slowly adjusted to our new life on a building site,depriving us of sleep,and generally ruining the ambience of the occasion,as the balcony had bacome our new livingspace on account of our accom having no air con.
Our experience of the jets was what really the straw that broke the camels back,not to mention my nerves,as I felt like a spectator at farnborough with a fly past
every 5 minutes with no rest,the jets were large as life and as noisy as heck. no joke,and i am a bit of a plain spotter,but if anyone living in stansted wants a signature for their petition then Im yer man!
The entertainment had it actually existed would have been Italian I am sure,thankfully despite the abundance of italian holiday reps who ate the place out of house and home,and impressed themselves with their ability to pose and pose again,would have been truly abominable just like the food they digested had they tried a leg.
The food was an issue for us,as we are seasoned travellers,who have experienced the worst of 3star hotels cuisine,and we usually find something to eat,but this place was to be the exception,especially so when my partner pointed out to me that one of the meat dishes was steeped in blood,and this happened on at least 3 occasions,and on one occasion i actually took a bite out of a piece of meat only to involuntary and spasmodicly spit the offending item of uncooked meat on to the white table cloth,a fact i am disgusted with myself by,but a significant considerable number were eating salad out of all proportion to the number of veggies in the building.
Sandwiches were also served instead of snacks such as burgers,chips etc. as is the norm,but on closer inspection they were out of date as well,and the combination of food and snacks made me well ill,in fact as a former fast food afficionado,i have become just a little paranoid since i got back and afraid to order anything since.
The drinks were however the highlight and the saving grace for the la noria complex,as the selection was pretty good and the service was quite quick,with due credit to the barmaid who worked from 10 in the morning till midnight,and even had to have her meals behind the bar,something i have never seen before,so grupo playa sol get your act together and give that girl a rest.
One thing i neglected to mention was that the toilets near the bar had no soap to wash your hands,and these same toilets were used by the very same bar staff and presumably
kitchen staff.
I hope this information has been useful,and my criticisms will be seen as constructive,and not maliscious as i am an honest person,as believe me i am being very kind in my review.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Atzaro Apartments? Share your experiences!