“great place to stay at playa d'en bossa” 4 of 5 stars

C/ Begonias, 4, 07817 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
makati
“great place to stay at playa d'en bossa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

very convenient location - there's a nearby grocery, lots of restaurants to choose from; rooms had amazing view of the pool & the beach :)
apartamentos sal rossa is highly recommended for family vacation

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Sal rossa for 2 weeks and we had a brilliant time. The apartments were great and were right on the beach. there was a decent size pool and plenty of sun loungers every day. The rooms were clean but basic. The kitchen had a toaster, a two ringed hob and a microwave and kettle. these were more than adequate to cook with. We made a full English breakfast most days and a few even meals (fajitas) with out any problems. I would recommend getting the bus to Lidle supermarket in Figueretas as the supermarkets near by are very expensive! The rooms were cleaned every two days and fresh towels and toilet roll left with each clean.The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The food served in the hotel was nice and at a reasonable price but not a great deal of choice. The only problem I had with player den bossa; was the lack of good restaurants most of them were fast food! Having said that I had no issues taking a bus or a taxi up to Figueretas where there was far more choice and a much more relaxed atmosphere. I really liked player den bossa for the party atmosphere too. I would not recommend taking children if your hoping for entertainment as I didn't see any apart from one singer who came during the day of our first week. apart from that I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading good reports of the hotel my girlfriend and I booked in for 7 nights at the Sal Rossa. Upon arrival we were impressed by the cleanliness and the location (literally on the beach) The room was small but adequate for our needs whilst the balcony had a superb view of the pool and beach. Whilst we were concerned about the nearby Bora Bora and flightpath creating too much noise we were sufficiently impressed at night to hear nothing in our bedroom. The aircon was brilliant (although bizarrely it turns off when you open a window or door!)and gave us light relief when we came back from sunbathing whilst despite other reviews dissing the water although it was salty it wasnt that off putting. We both had food from the hotel every day and found it very good considering it was not a restaurant. The best bit however was the location, 5 mins from Bora Bora, Sankeys and Space and the beach leading off the back of the hotel. Far and away the best hotel I have stayed at in Ibiza.

Room Tip: try and get a balcony view and keep the air con on when you are out of your room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here last year with 4 friends, it was very clean, great location and the staff were fantastic, the manager even let me in his office to use his computer when I wanted to book tickets for something back home.

The rep we had (only seen her once) came to tell us that people in the hotel had compained about the noise. In fairness we were very loud on occasions so it was well deserved.

The pool is lovely, right on the beach, we went down on our last day very early in the morning and watched the sunrise, a great experience, It was in my opinion even better than the sunset in san antonio.

The food was basic but filled a hole when you were hungover. Good toasties etc. I stayed september 2011 not October 2011 but it won't let me choose that as an option now.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights there. The Location was great. The hotel was safe but:
The hotel water system is awful. The water is that salty that you can’t even take a shower or wash your hands. We complained but they said that this is the same for all hotels in Ibiza which was a Lie ! We checked other hotels such as Garbi and the water quality was good. So we had to go to Garbi to take a shower everyday.
The room and bathroom cleaning was very bad. They only changed the towels. They didn’t recharge the soap and bath gel. We complained and they said you have to ask us for that! They didn’t change the bed dressing even once. They just set it every day. The bed was not comfortable at all and we woke up everyday with back ache.
The breakfast at the bar was bad. Even the tea smelled.
We paid 1030 Euros for 6 nights and it was a mistake. By paying a little more take Garbi which is a different world comparing where we stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 16-24th august 2012 with three girlfrienda and will definitely be back next year. Location wise its ideal. Less than 5 mins from bora bora, but far enough so that noise is not an issue. Right on the beach and 10 minutes walk from Space. Rooms are basic but spotless and we were provided with clean linen/towels every day. Air con was also the best ive had in a hotel! Important in mid August.

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 nights at the end of July. We booked through Ibiza Spotlight and were told by Spotlight that any rooms booked via them would have a sea view. When we were checked in, we were sent to a room at the back of the building! Luckily for us, we had an email from Spotlight confirming that all rooms booked through them had a sea view/air con. When we showed it to the receptionist she said if we waited another couple of hours a sea view room would be available. She was grumpy with us and at one point implied that because she had been working there for years we were wrong about insisting on a different room, but her opinion soon changed when we showed her our email and she said she will contact Spotlight to tell them they need to take this off of their website as a sea view room can only be requested and is not guaranteed - so bear this in mind if you are booking via this company! If we'd have arrived any later, regardless of what Spotlight had told us, we would have had to stick with what we were given. Despite her earlier mood, we really appreciated the receptionist helping us out and giving us the room.

So, the new room we were checked in to was lovely! We had a decent sized balcony with a small washing line that was handy, and the beach was right there! It was lovely to sit outside in the early evening as the sun was setting. The apartment was small but cute. I wasn't too keen on the lack of wardrobe space. The way the wardrobes were built meant you couldn't hang up long dresses/playsuits but to be honest this was a minor thing. The apartment was basic but very clean - and for what we paid we weren't expecting Ushuaia. We don't spend much time there so somewhere where we can get a goods night sleep, have a nice shower and a bit of toast if needed is all we want! The bathroom was fine; the shower was really powerful which is excellent compared to the showers I have experienced before at other hotels. We also had a nice little flat screen TV which was good for the Olympic news via BBC.

We ate in the restaurant once and this was the only disappointment in terms of service. The girl behind the bar was very short with me and not at all approachable. I ordered a tuna sandwich and waited 20 minutes. My friend ordered an avocado salad and was waiting for even longer - wouldn't have minded as much had we had a service with a smile. However the food was nice.

Only other thing I'd suggest is the pool being open later for adults. It closed at 7pm.

The location of this hotel was superb! The hotel is literally on the beach and about a 5 minute walk to Bora Bora beach bar. I didn't notice any noise at night from the nightlife or planes, but that might be because I'm a good sleeper anyway!

All in all we had a lovely stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room as it is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartamentos Sal Rossa? Share your experiences!