“j.m” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Club Don Toni

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Club Don Toni to your Saves list
Fiesta Club Don Toni
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa d'en Bossa s/n, 07800 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 39 hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Exeter, United Kingdom
“j.m”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked our holiday last year for the hotel at don toni, being told that it was a family hotel and resort,only twos before we get a call saying the hotel will be closed so they will upgrade us to the apartments, when we got to our rooms we was not happy, my sister and her family had to ask to be moved to another room as it smelt of sick and urine, our room was dark, very dated, the sinks were blocked tile were chipped everywhere, broken lampshades, very run down and old. we complained and asked to be moved, the Thomson rep wasn't very helpful, she did find another hotel the other side of the island but we would have had to pay £456 per family to be moved!!! On sunday night we thought we would go out for a walk and bit to eat, but the street was full with people drunk and drugged up, my son is only 7 and was really scared, so from then on we just stayed in the hotel, Entertainment was rubbish, not much for kids seeing it was meant to be a family holiday, planes flying over nearly every 5 mins.The food was excellent so much to choose from. while we were there we got told that this hotel was being changed into a hard rock café!! I just feel we were let down by First Choice, they said it was a family hotel and resort, but I say if your a couple and up for clubbing then its brilliant for them, because you are right on top of the clubs defiantly not for families, I am really gutted because you save all year for one weeks hols and we trusted in the girls at the travel agent, its put me off traveling with First Choice again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room in the apartments and it was really dark and not much sun came in the roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Don Toni, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Jennym73

First of all we want to thank you for spending some of your time leaving your review, we are sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your stay at our hotel, concerning all that you have named in your comments.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel food and we hope to see you again at one of our Palldium hotel group.

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed a week in the club don toni 28/8/13, I've probably spoilt myself with first class holidays in the past but we decided to head to ibiza for a sneaky clubbing week and the don toni hotel is what we picked. A week before we departed I got an email stating they were closing half the hotel down.... Not very nice!!! The hotel was basic, rooms dated and a little run down. We had problems with lack of electricity and water shortage one morning. We knew they were doing work but hoped not to be affected. We weren't too fussed about the hotel as we spent most of our time out of it clubbing etc. on a huge positive note, the staff were great and the food amazing..... Hats of to the chefs And other staff, well done. I'm not a serial moaner but prob wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
brian t

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your vacation was spent with us. Thank you for highlighting the high and low points of your stay , we are happy that you were satisfied with our food and our staff.
Best regards
Corby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hola, my husband and I stayed at the hotel with our two children aged 5 and 11 in August this year. I have to say that we too were concerned after reading mixed reactions on the holiday reviews before we went on the holiday, but what a fabulous holiday we all had. Our room was actually positioned between two groups of young party people from Germany but they were in bed all day and didn't surface until about 4.00 PM. They would then sit on their terraces having a bit of fun but not causing offence to anyone.Usually we would have a bit of a dance with them before they went clubbing :-) I was more concerned about my young son being beaten up in the park on the resort by two British brothers but he was comforted by our young neighbours who spoke limited English, but better than our German to be fair, so credit to them - Thank you. As well as a massive thanks to Beth the rep for your support. Also a mention to the Fiesta entertainment team who do a fantastic job keeping everyone entertained from morning until night working so hard as well as the professional and hard working restaurant and bar staff and reception - wonderful holiday - Gracias xx

Room Tip: I think the hotel is changing to meet more of a party scene but for families it would have been room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Don Toni, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Kim K

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your nice experience at Fiesta Club Don Toni. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know it.
We are grateful for your comments about our staff and facilities. We hope to see you soon.
Best regards
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Spent two weeks at club don Toni.
Just returned 31.8.13

Six of us in total, 2x 18 yer old girls, 2x 15 year old girls, me and the misus.
Read reviews before going and was very worried what to expect.

However, best holiday we ever had.

The hotel was great, two lovely swimming pools and very well situated for all events and surrounding activities like clubs for the older girls and beach for the younger ones which was just on the hotels door step.

The food was simply fantastic.
I read a review on here about only ham sandwiches available, simply not true at all.

Every night in both restaurants there was quite a varried range on offer and simply spoilt for choice. Alcohol was also good and I was very glad we chose to go all inclusive.

Breakfast, noon, dinner and supper and BBQ in between you did not have to book a table.
The club don Toni was where we stayed and was great, the staff were fantastic through out.

They were very welcoming, freindly and helpful.
The beds and towels where changed daily and very cleanly done too.
The bar staff and resturant staff treated everyone the same and with a greeting .
It was fun to learn a bit of Spanish during our stay

Yes the rooms are basic but are being revamped into 5 star accommodation by knocking two rooms ino one etc... They will have all mod cons when completed.

We had three rooms in all between us and all of them were great and the hotel arranged for them to be next to each other. The air con was great too.
The hotel and club site was very safe and locked door entry key to rooms ,gates and beach.

Little kids and young children looked happy and mums and dads seemed to enjoy themselves.
Entertainment was good with something for everyone, even got me up to do salsa dancing on stage which was a hoot for my family.

The holiday reps were great, Beth and Denise which gave information andd advice and support if required.

Their introduction meeting was fun which led us to purchase many different trips etc...
We went on the catamaran to see the sun set at San Antonio , we took another to visit different islands around Ibiza, swimming at different locations and seeing dolphins and having BBQ on unhabited beaches etc...

We took an excursion to the hippy market and visited Ibiza castle and town, all coaches arranged by Thomson were air conditioned and very comfortable. We also got the reps to arrange tickets to the clubs like space and ushuaia etc..

For those who don't like the clubs, there are lots to do.
The reported noise from planes really did not affect us at all, merely fascinating to watch them from time to time.

The sea was fab, very warm, got stung by a jelly fish which was a laugh by others watching but equally got back to britain and got stung by a wasp which was more painful.

We found the Spanish fantastic where ever we went.
Yes we had a few loud and noisy People staying which evolved late night bagging and knocking on doors but you get that in most places you go these days, and yes they were German.

In all though it did not spoil the holiday.

My only holiday gripe however would be the mention of the cost of the wifi which of course the kids had to have.

Yes I would go back and visit this hotel again, it is to be improved in the future too.
I would argue about it being a first choice splash holiday for kids however.

So, to recap,

Thanks club don Toni for a wicked holiday had by our family.
I enjoyed your hotel, it's location and friendly staff.

Your food was great and we had no complaints what so ever.
Please thank your staff and for arranging a birthday cake and bringing it out and singing happy birthday to my daughter which was totally unexpected.

Most importantly, our first holiday to ibiza and its impressions you left us with will stay with us forever. We are sadly missing you already back in the uk.

Hope to see you all again soon, and I would like to say to the resort management that you have wonderful bunch of staff at your resort and I hope you keep them all on your payroll after you have upgraded your wonderful club and hotel.

Many thanks, happy family.

Room Tip: Email in advance for any requirements
Stephen A

First at all we want to thank you for spending some of your time leaving your review, we are happy to know that you and your family anjoyed your holidays so much. your nice comments have been forwarded to all departments.
We hope to see you soon
rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just got back from Don Toni with two 15 year olds. Had a great time, location perfect, food faultless and the cleanliness excellent. Rooms are a bit dated but it is closing so we were ok with this. The entertainment team worked day and night and there was a party atmosphere. Added bonus was staying next door to the Ushuaia. Will definately visit this resort again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Don Toni, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
grtRotherham

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are more than happy to know you have had such a fantastic holidays. We are always grateful to receive feedback about our hotel facilities and grounds as we work very hard to assure our guests have nice time during their vacation.
We welcome you soon
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Fiesta and the Club are linked and my preference is the Club although thats the noisy side at night. The Hotel has reportedly been sold to the Hard Rock group so the rooms are a bit run down, the beds are brick hard the shower was broken the taps didnt work etc. The beds at the pool are crammed togeter with about 6 inches between them and you have to get your towesl down early. No Hotel towels but only 10 Euros for a bathtowel at the shops outside.
The reason I gave it a 3 is because the food is excellent with the restuarant spotless and a great variety of dishes, Hot dogs, chips and burgers on offer when the main restaurant is closed. The bars are well stocked and efficient there was hardy ever a queue the staff were so quick. Entertainment every night with everything bar the "Birdie song". Loads of folk having a great time even although it mobbed.

Room Tip: Quiet is the Fiesta, noisy is the Club. Unless you get a family room I think they are all the same...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jkwilson 5

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you have had a good time during your vacation at Fiesta Club Don Toni. We are grateful for your comments about food and entertaiment program. we are sorry if you did not find your espectative concering your room
Best regards,
West Yorkshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

First impressions on arrival is that the hotel is dated and tired. The reception was shabby, the check-in process took ages and our room wasn't ready. We booked with First Choice and normally go for a higher Star hotel. This was our first experience of a 3+ Star Hotel. We weren't expecting a great deal but our hearts still sank. The room was basic, the sofa beds aren't long enough for an adult which made sleep difficult. The one saving grace was that the cleaning staff were excellent and promptly refreshed the room each day.

The hotel facilities however are pretty decent. The pools are great. The restaurant has a good choice of food (although it can be a bit samey) and the staff throughout the hotel are friendly and excellent.

I found that the hotel attracts two types of people. The majority of guests are overweight families from across Europe (us included). The second type are younger groups of males or females (vary rarely couples) who try very hard to look good and not have a hair out of place. This is apparently so difficult they walk around the resort looking pretty miserable...nice hair though.

Of the family groups the Brits easily have more tattoos than the other nations. This includes males and females. They are also the nationality most likely to be seen with a beer shortly after breakfast. They did however seem to be a friendlier and happier bunch than their fellow Europeans. The Russians were low in numbers and beat the Brits by actually drinking spirits or wine at breakfast!! The one nation that did stand out however was the Germans. In contrast with other holidays I have had, this particular group of guests stood out as particularly boorish. Don't get me wrong. I like Germans and I have German friends. Somehow though the bad elements seemed to arrive at this hotel on the week we were there. The kids played roughly in the pool and spat at their parents when they tried to (weakly) intervene. The adults became drunk and aggressive during the evening entertainment (like a production of 'The Lion King' by the staff makes you that way eh?) and the guests in our block of apartments threw their litter off the balcony. This meant that most mornings we would have cans or glass littered outside our room. We later learnt that the previous occupants of our room lasted 2 days before asking to move. Like I said, this isn't indicative of all Germans and I wonder whether this element has normally been filtered out in the more expensive hotels. All in all, I have doubts about whether I'd go to a 3+ Star resort again solely on this basis. I don't mind the normal sun-bed wars but when this turns to basic hooliganism then it's not the recipe for an ideal holiday.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to reception suffer from having the noisy evening entertainment outside their door...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Don Toni, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Houziwang

First of all we want to thank that you have devoted a few minutes of your time to send us your comments. We were disappointed to learn that your recent stay with us was lower that you espected, on the other hand we are glad to know that you were satisfied with our room cleaners and all the hotel staff.
All the best

Been to Fiesta Club Don Toni? Share your experiences!