“Disappointing... Expected A Lot More!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza

You added Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza to your Saves list
Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   c/ Playa den Bossa s/n, San Jordi, 07817 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing... Expected A Lot More!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited Club Bahamas on 25th August 2012 for week with my partner. I'm aged 26, my partner 24. Our main purpose to visit Ibiza was to go clubbing, but aside from being inside the actual clubs, we do like our quiet time... somewhere nice to relax and chill-out, with minimal noise and away from the hustle and bustle.

The hotel was situated ideally towards the end of the beach... Far enough away to be away from the noise of Playa Den Bossa but close enough (6min walk) to the likes of Space, Sankeys and Ushuaia.

Awarded a 3* but it's actually a 2*... The hotel is decent, but you can tell is severely needing a cash injection. Poor decor, unfinished DIY, etc etc.... It was probably a half decent place to stay 5 or 6 years ago but today could really do with a make-over.

Good Points -
- location
- rooms were huge - we stayed on 2nd floor, balcony overlooking car park but it was nice, quiet and spacious
- food was ok, quite 'samey' but they had a decent selection; salads, fish, meats, pasta, chips, burgers, veg, potatoes etc... Im a health conscious person and I was able to satisfy myself during each meal.
- the beach, which was clean and big!

Bad Points -
NOISE!! - cleaners screaming at each other in the EARLY mornings
- bedroom doors don'd have a twist handle so you have to pull the door closed which is LOUD and you can each everyone doing the same.
- cleaners come into your room regardless of whether you have a do not disturb sign on the door.
- FACILITIES - EXTREMELY POOR, aside from the odd games machine and pool table, there is nothing... A large swimming pool, yes, but nothing else, no gym, no tennis courts, no other sports, which was a huge disappointment.
- thefts on the beach - although the beach was beautiful, we heard almost everyday of peoples belongings going missing!
- the staff were horrendous! unless you were German or Spanish they didn't want to know
- EVERYONE was either German or Spanish!

Managed to take a look at nearby hotels, and there are far nicer places to stay than the Club Bahamas!
I would strongly recommend walking through Playa Den Bossa to the next local area, about 20mins away. Much nicer place, cleaner, less noisy and the hotel there are stunning!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Got back from Club Bahamas just over a week ago and Im still wishing I was there! Absolutely loved it, I am 20 and went with my partner 23 and we took our 18 month old son with us. I was quite worried about if my son would like it there and if he was going to get bored but it was brilliant. The food was lovely and none of us had an upset stomach once whilst over there, we usually stayed in the hotel which was a nice relaxed place and not rowdy.
The first room that we were showed to had damp in the corner but as we had our young son who suffers with chest/throat infections frequently it was not an option to stay in this room. We went to reception and told them that we could not stay in that room so the lady behind reception wrote down a list with all the available rooms on and gave the keys to the porter who stored all our suitcases in the secure luggage room whilst he showed us the rooms. We got a brilliant room and the service was exceptional from the reception staff in ensuring that we had satisfactory accomodation! The food was to a very high standard for a 3* hotel and there was plenty of choice and the option of a full English breakfast every morning!
The entertainment every day and night was really good fun aswell, they had a mini disco every evening before the entertainment started and although our son was alot younger than the other children the entertainment staff always involved him and were all sad to see him leave on our last day.
We visited Ibiza town which was lovely and had lots of nice shops and alot of gift shops too it was not expensive to get there although the buses are not pram friendly but it was easy enough to fold up the buggy as it is only a 10 minute journey and it is so much cheaper than our buses over here!
Our Thomas Cook rep Ricci was also very helpful and friendly he provided us with water park tickets cheaper than the usual price and we also really enjoyed the water park, would definately reccomend a visit as it is a 5 minute walk from the hotel!
The hotel has a 10 minute transfer time from the airport so you do hear the noise of the planes but it only lasted about 30 seconds and was very entertaining to our son who loved spotting the planes and waving! I wouldnt be put off by this as it would not disturb your day or your night whilst asleep.
I cant wait to return next year and will hopefully go for longer than a week absolutely loved it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

this hotel is in a good location to access the beach (ok, but a little dirty), near the airport (taxi costs 10 euros) and a 5 min walk from space. the pool was good, room was clean & big. the breakfasts were surprisingly good, including the fry ups. we were HB and found the dinners in the evening generally good, if not a little mundane day to day. the down sides were the point of boat collection was at the other end of the beach ( so trips to formentera or other boat rides were a long way away). the walk to ibiza town is a 20 min walk, or there is a bus for 1.90 euros.

the major downside is the salty water which is in every pool & tap including the shower. it was not very nice and i dont see why a hotel which is mostly good in other aspects could not provide non salty water.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
perthshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed with a friend the second week in september and cant fault the hotel,after staying in the heart of san an last year surrounded by horrendously annoying british teenagers (I suffered from a week long nedache) this stay couldnt have been more different!
Clientele mainly spanish and german,hardly any kids (possibly because of the time of year)no door slamming in the middle of the night, no chanting of inane songs such as 'barry barry give us a wave' staff friendly and attentive and maids cleaned to high standards.
Have read other reviews saying this hotel was a bit of a walk to the main strip and think these people need to put down the pies and get a gym membership as it has a very convenient location.
We are in our late twenties and love a dance til 6am but also a chillout in the afternoon to recover, this hotel provided plenty of sun loungers by the pool, a lovely buffet and snacks, and enjoyed the measures of vodka at the bar (sometimes these are ridiculously strong in order to lessen the staffs work)
I would certainly come back here again!

Room Tip: not on the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I absolutley love this resort the staff are so friendly we have been every year since my son was 1 and he is now 7 this year we couldn't go as we went on our honeymoon to the Dominican republic and I still say now club Bahamas bests the Caribbean any day! We have booked
up for may next year and I can't wait to
Go! We get on really well with Gloria and
Fernando best bar staff ever hope they will be there next year still

• Stayed September 2012
Northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I first stayed in 2008 as a family holiday and really enjoyed it, went back 2009 with another family, 2010 stayed down the street in another hotel for just a long weekend with the girls (not impressed) Went back 2011 and 2012 as a couple and have booked up for 2013 already, bringing our 16 year old daughter. This is a fab hotel. I read bad reports every year but people tend to leave bad reviews, no one likes to praise a place. Rooms are standard but who goes on holiday to sit in their room all day. Quick change and out for the night thats all you want. Salt water but I think the whole island might be salt water as the other hotel I stayed in was also salt water. Staff are brill and very friendly. We had a problem with ants this year and within 10mins of reporting, the problem was dealt with. Flight path is fantastic to watch and doesn't interrupt sleep at night. Food is very good and suits all nationalities. Breakfast was my favourite. What I did notice this year was slight cut backs, less staff and all inclusive cut backs in that no more drinks in glasses only plastic. No waiter service at night. And also no more bottles of water given out but when I hear that guests were using their A.I. to get lots of bottles of water to rinse themselves down after showering what do you expect!! I did feel abit less thought off but at the end of the day drink was on tap all day and night for A.I. guests. Recommend going A.I. as drinks can be expensive. Yes sometimes queues at bar and dining area are a free for all but not much point being polite and waiting your turn, go for it like every one else. I met 5 families from where i live and 2 of them have booked for next year already, one having been there twice before. Staff are great, entertainment sometimes cheesy but good fun. Songs and dance routines you will still be singing and doing weeks after you come home. I'm 39 so no spring chicken and loved heading to Bora Bora daily for a dance and a drink. Ibiza is hyped up to be a place of mad, young ones partying all night long but believe me at 60euros + they are not doing many clubs. We headed down the street every night after the bar closes in the hotel and the buzz is brill, very friendly and just basically lots of people watching in bars. There's a bus right outside the hotel which takes you into Ibiza or if you're feeling really energetic walk along the beach to the promenade that leads into Ibiza. People say to me why not try somewhere different but i say I work all year to save for a holiday so i want to go somewhere I know is good and that's exactly what this place is. It's not the cheapest but if you wish to never leave the hotel you will not be disappointed. Whether you choose to go as a family, couple or group holiday you WILL not be disappointed. Enjoy :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and booked the All Inclusive package. I feel this hotel was very nice, but could have offered more. First of all, if you are a vegetarian, forget the pool and the snack bar. Second, if you don't eat pork, you can also forget about the food which you paid for in all inclusive. This is a beach hotel, and all they serve throughout the day is french fries, hot dogs, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, ham and cheese sandwiches, and bland grilled cheese sandwiches. Other than that, there are three main meals a day, which is located in a large hall, and is buffet style. Even with all inclusive, they don't allow you to take water bottles out of the dining area. The room was very large, with two twin beds pushed together to make a single bed. Our room was on the third floor, so carrying our luggage up all those stairs was a bit of a haul, but our room had a nice-sized balcony overlooking the pool area. The bathroom was large, with a large shower which was also a bath. The water in the sink and shower were salty, which wasn't that great to brush your teeth and wash shampoo out of hair. There was air conditioning in the room, which was good. This hotel seemed to be a family hotel, as there was a lot of children running around and a kids club center. As a young couple we enjoyed the Ibiza nightlife, which didn't start until around 2am and ended hours after that. We arrived back at the hotel at 4am or so and slept in, but was woken up by a voice on a loud speaker at the pool area saying "Time to wake up!" The hotel was very, very noisy, as we heard every time someone went up and down the stairs, or hauled their luggage up. Doors seemed to slam all the time. The staff was very helpful, and very friendly. Ibiza itself is so exciting and beautiful, and my boyfriend and I have a positive attitude so we made the best of our stay here, but we would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Club Bahamas Ibiza? Share your experiences!