“sad to be home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Club Palm Beach

You added Fiesta Club Palm Beach to your Saves list
Fiesta Club Palm Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ Playa d'en Bossa s/n, 07817 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
London, United Kingdom
“sad to be home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

this hotel is at the end of the runway however you do get use to the planes after a couple of days it is a mixed age of people staying the pool is large but best of all the beech is about 30 seconds away there was a group of 8 aged from 22 to me 50 and we all had a great time couple of noisy nights but we just chilled out on the beech next day I enjoyed snorkeling lots of fish to see
food was fine ive stayed at other all inclusive and this was a good one the fresh salad every day was great and always a good choice of meats and pasta dishes
a good fry up and pancakes in the mourning started the day off
the rooms are cleaned every day with clean towels
if your young its only a ten minuite walk down the beech to the town and clubs. if your not clubbing don't expect to sleep before midnight as this is when the hotel night life ends but who wants to be in bed by midnight your on holiday enjoy it
I would go back please can I go back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
andy h

We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us your valued feedback in regards to your experience, we are grateful to know that you have spent an exceptional holiday. We are going to communicate to our staff your comments and we hope to see you again

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
oxfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

this place was such a disappointment, we were told by thomson that this place was quiet and relaxing, well it couldn't of been further from the truth. Music was blaring from every angle and all night, the first night we were woken numerous times by teenagers coming in from the rave hotel only 150 metres away, this should be a 18-30 Hotel!!!! We asked to be moved to a quieter room, and guess what NOTHING is quiet about this place, just thought we could relax around the pool and the music was turned on so loud that you hear yourself think.The beach was disgusting with condoms, sanitary ware and drug dealing taking place in full view, one morning we decided to go for a walk and a male was sat propped up on a hotel with all his private parts showing, so much for a family holiday. The rooms were really basic, telly about 30 years old with only one english channel, bathroom was really in need of updating. Twins bed were a pain as we were not in our 70's. Food was ok, but got fed up with the general rush for food. Staff on reception were friendly and were helpful when we moved rooms, but all I can say is that we were told it was 4star by Thomson, how very untrue, more like a 2star. we wontbe using Thomson or this hotel again..

Room Tip: Different hotel
tracy w

We would like to apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
We are sorry if your experience at the hotel was no up to your standard, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food and thanks for naming the friendliness of our reception staff.
Concerning what happens outside the hotel we do not have any control over it.
Basingstoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ok so the rooms may need updating oh well you only sleep in it!! Pool area clean and tidy, plenty of sun loungers I just got offered a Buck's Fizz which was a nice touch, food is very good!! If you have a bit of everything of course it will be a bit samey!! Breakfast also very good omelette station very good choice too all in all very good hotel, ignore all the moaning britains picking holes in the smallest of things yawn!! If you want a five star pay for it!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Moley23
Dear guest,
We will like to thank you for your nice comments, we are happy to know thay you enjoyed your holidays at our hotel and we hope to see you soon
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have just returned from the Fiesta Club Palm Beach having first gone in 1987 and on a number of occassions since we have always found the Hotel rooms clean and reasonably comfortable but very tired and showing the 30 years of lack of attention.
The Staff are excellent, very welcoming and helpful at all times, food is of a good standard with plenty of choice. There are no coffee/tea facilities in the rooms and the safe use is expensive
Entertainment is predictable and a bit "Hi-Di-Hi" ok for kids, plenty of day time activities although loud microphone shouts most of the day can be annoying.
The beach is one of the best on the island, with nice long walks - but disco music playing loud so beware if its not what you want.
We spent time travelling around the island as car hire is very reasonable and bus travel is easy (previous travellers beware there is a new central bus station in Ibiza Town)
Overall a good holiday but probably wont go back until it has been refurbished to a modern standard

Room Tip: Try and request with sea view,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Front Office Manager at Fiesta Club Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
pete w

We are happy that you were satisfied with our staff, your comments have already been forwarded to the department involved.

In a short period of time the hotel will be refurbished and then we hope to welcome you
again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My experience of this resort is that it is excellent value for money. It's a 3 star resort but I'm giving it a 4 star review in that category as I believe, as an all inclusive resort, it has some real plus points. You really cannot top the location (right on a golden beach, near cool bars and super clubs) or the service. There is lots of fresh food choice every day and our room was spotless everyday with fresh towels. The staff, from reception, bars, gardens and rooms were also helpful, courteous and very hardworking.

There are added extras that you can pay for during your stay (safe, kettle, fridge, top shelf drinks) but think of it as the RyanAir of hotels. You get to choose what you pay for and the price point with Thomson in 2013 allowed us to have a holiday that we may not have had if this was all bundled into the price (in fact the Palladium next door would set you back 50% more).

The Fiesta Entertainment was enjoyed by most but this is very subjective; it appeared to be very family friendly. It is also constant around by the pool and not very Ibizian, I personally could have done with a more chilled out vibe and preferred to head to the golden beach with a large spread.

I'm not sure what the hotel can do about the sunbeds; there are absolutely plenty to go around but they are not all actually being used just reserved. Some people were turning up at 3pm with the beds having been empty all day (rude). My advice - either go with the flow or head out to the beach.

This hotel absolutely fits it's job description, it really is a very reasonable resort.

Room Tip: I've said this before in previous reviews; don't let all inclusive resorts stop you going ou...
Slinkygin

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your vacation was spent with us and for highlighting the high and low points of your stay, we appreciate feedback, we will send them to the respective departments.
East Yorks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I thought i'd stayed at the Palm Beach obviously by some reviews there must be two hotels with the same name! I found the Hotel clean and comfortable the staff freindly and attentive. The maid servive was great the room cleaned daily new bedding mid week. We had no trouble finding sunbeds and the beach is handy through a secure gate....sunbeds on the beach are luxurious but expensive, 10 euros each (buy a lilo or two and use them). The food was excellent varied and freshly prepared throughout the serving and there was even burgers for the unambitious. The evening entertainment was a mix of touring local shows and ones by the entertainment team who were on the go all the time...the only criticism of the evenings was the inability of some parents to control their small children. The inside bar was comfortable and the bar staff were really on the ball. After midnight drinks are charged but we were warned well in advance that time was approaching.
Try the walk along the beach to Ibiza town (about an hour) to visit the walled old town cobbled narrow streets and cosy little houses.
On the Negative side the town itself is great in the day but on a night was very Disco orientated and we found it a little intimidating, We would suggest that as a holiday destination for older couples (we are 52 and 60) it would not be suitable during the school holidays.
In summary as a three star reasonably priced hotel i had no real gripes

Room Tip: we were at the back so our balcony was quiet but didnt get a lot of sun
JohnHornsea

Thank you for your nice comments, we are happy that you were satisfied with our cleaners, the hotel food, entertainment team and the bar staff.
Your comments have already been forwarded to the departments involved.We hope to see you soon.
Best regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

For some strange reason, this hotel has been rated highly by others????
Well here is my experience and if you want an accurate review then read on and also just read the poor/terrible reviews.
OK, that out the way. We arrive at reception, reasonably quick service and relatively friendly. However, the man checking me in says 'lucky you, you have room 1033'.
Now, I'm thinking the following, does he mean lucky me because I have a nice room or sarcastically, lucky me because I have the worst room in the Hotel???
Unfortunately the latter!!
We are then escorted to our room by the porter.
My first step out into the bar/pool area, unfortunately gives me a taste of what is to come. My wife and I are met with what can only be described as the smell of stale sewage.
What an amazing aroma I'm thinking to myself. How did Thomson manage to discover this and rate it 4 T's (Excuse me, was the person from Thomson who rated this Hotel visually impaired with no sense of smell?) Now, I presume 4 T's mean 4 stars... yes?? Uh no, unfortunately not.
We are shown into our room and have to switch on all the lights even with the curtains open as the room is so dark. I take a good look around, thinking to myself, do I complain and ask to be moved to another room? Yes I could of I guess but if I was perfectly honest, I just had this nagging feeling in my mind that even if I did, we would only be moved to another room which was just as [--].
Sure enough, reading other reviews it wouldn't have made any difference. So I smile at the porter and thank him for bringing our suit cases and us to this wonderful room in all its 1970's splendour (After watching The Inbetweeners Movie, it is at this point I'm expecting him to say 'And one thing before I leave, If you [--] on the floor, I fine you 50 euros!').
So moving on from our grand entrance, here is what to expect in your cell (sorry I meant room). You can expect a TV which if you are like me (wrong side of 40 yrs old) will probably remember from your youth?
Except this one is much smaller and has obviously been donated by a Charitable Organisation. The sofa bed will be dirty and will more than likely have mites living in it.
These will feed off you if you sit on the sofa bed for short or long periods of time.
The bed or beds would normally have been found at the back of a charity shop (ready for bin collection) but have somehow found their way to this hotel. Once again, they are dirty and they will have mites.
Also, please do not expect your sheets to be changed for the duration of your holiday (If you do go to reception and ask for clean sheets, your request will be ignored by the hotel staff and they will probably mutter something in Spanish to you which is insulting and unfortunately you can not understand).
The floor in the living/bed room is tiled, however with the amount of pubic and other hair, actually looks like a carpet of sorts.
Do not expect this to be cleaned and it will gradually get dirtier for the duration of your holiday.
Arh and last but not least, the bathroom.....
Now, my expectation of a bathroom, is you enter it dirty and leave it feeling all refreshed and clean. Unfortunately not the case.
Once again you will have the pubic/long black hair carpet covering the tiled floor, accompanied by mouldy taps, stinking toilet, dirty towels (Which won't be changed either), the filthy bath/shower..... oh and not forgetting the cheap tacky fiesta shower curtain which is half hanging off the shower rail, sticks to you whilst you are having a shower and makes showering an unpleasant experience.
P.S just one more thing, when leaving please remember to wipe your feet on the way out of your hotel room.
So, now we head on down to the bar. Ahhh free drinks on tap 24-7, surely this has got to be the saving grace???
OK, well here is how it is. You are met with staff who are either rude, can't be bothered, busy talking amongst themselves and take ages to serve you, can't get your order right (because they are once again talking amongst themselves and in doing so have forgotten what you ordered) or they give priority to their Spanish guests/friends.
That said, there were 2 nice bar staff, both men and in their late 40's. Thank you to both of you for making some of my trips up to the bar a pleasant experience.
Moving on to the drinks and food. 24-7 free drinks is not entirely an accurate way of describing Allinclusive in this resort. Sure, drinks, food etc are nearly all free, but only from 8am to 12am. From 0001 to 0759 if you fancy a drink etc or have arrived during the night then sorry you are out of luck, unless of course you want to pay at the bar in reception if it is open.
Also due to reasons best known to Hotel Management??? Every time you order your FREE ALLINCLUSIVE FOOD OR DRINK at either bar, you have to put your room number on a receipt????
By the end of the first hour of our stay, I was writing room numbers that did not exist to see if anyone actually took any notice (Which of course they didn't) or pretended I didn't understand English and just walked away when I was asked to wait and sign the receipt.
The pool area is average and is patrolled by a nice life guard. Only problem is, where ever she goes, the security man seems to follow (now surely as a security person, you should be on the lookout for potential thieves and trouble not trying to cop off with the lifeguard??). Yes I know, anything goes in Ibiza I hear you say, the only trouble is if you are not careful it could be your wallet or other personal belongings as judging by other reviews it appears the area/hotel is rife with thieving and other unpleasant incidents.
Moving on to the dining room experience, well as expected it is a free for all and is like a primary school playground with lots of people rushing around, the odd collision and the noise of child tantrums periodically.....As for the children, they are usually well behaved.
Wine has to be ordered by the bottle, tastes like vinegar and after one glass the rest is generally wasted.
I soon discovered it was better to have the bottled beer, which as Allinclusive beers go, was not that bad actually.
As for the food, well, I will sum this up short and sweet. Go to one of 3 nice beach restaurants close by. Nassua (The closest one located just to the left of the security gate at the back of the complex) does fantastic meals (bit expensive but very nice) and plays excellent chill out music. Nicely done out inside and I would say a must for those who do not want to follow through after a meal in the hotel.
The beach is beautiful and made the holiday. However, be prepared to be harassed by African immigration dodgers trying to sell you multi coloured wigs, fake rayban sunglasses (otherwise known as Raybons) etc.
Although these walking beach shops seem to think everyone from England is called Del Boy, they are pretty harmless and add a bit of fun to the beach.
Sun beds are a luxury on this beach with most people having to save for several years or take out a 2nd mortgage to hire one/two plus sun parasol for the day.
Yes we are talking major rip off and if you want to impress the wife/husband or partner with a double bed in the sun, then make sure you put 100 euros to one side for the privilege.
Ibiza Town is well worth a visit especially the old town (Dalt Vila) with it's narrow Spanish streets, bars, shops and restaurants. Unfortunately, the further in you go into the Dalt Vila, the more pushier the bar staff get trying to get you into their bar's.
The highlight of the holiday for me must be the Sunset Boat Cruise. For 29 euros each the wife and I spent a couple of hours in San Antonio on Sunset Strip in Cafe Mambo drinking wine/chilling out.
This was followed by a boat cruise around the coast and ending with what has to be one of the most amazing sun sets I have ever seen.
So there you go, my Fiesta Club Palm Beach and Ibiza experience. Cr*p Hotel, rude staff on the whole, amazing beach, fantastic sunset and I hope for your sake you take note of the above and give the hotel a very wide berth.
PS to the manager of the Fiesta Club Palm Beach Hotel, please do not reply to my review with a meaningless apology as you seem to find necessary with all complaints. Why not take yourself off for a two week stay at this hotel, making sure you specifically ask for room 1033!! I'm sure you will have a lovely stay where you can enjoy the fine stomach churning cuisine, dirty apartments, bad mannered staff that YOUR Hotel has to offer!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Manager at Fiesta Club Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
richard161270
Dear guest,
Let me tell you that even though you do not want to read my reply, I will take the 3 lines that allow me to present the point of view of the hotel management. I am sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel did not pleased you in full, as we had expected. You review details of our services that you haven´t used or simply willing to confuse readers. The rooms maid service includes daily service with daily fresh towels and three times x week fresh sheets. All inclusive time tables are displayed all around the hotel. Restaurant with show cooking; eggs and omelet station for breakfast, as well for lunch and dinner with wide variety of fresh salads, pasta, fish, meats, fresh fruits, desserts, romantic dinners with small supplement, including lobster or t-bone steak. Our aim is to please every single guest. Thanks.

Been to Fiesta Club Palm Beach? Share your experiences!