We stayed here over the Easter period - just a few minutes from the airport and we were in reception. Checking in took a while there was 6 others in the queue and only one member of staff working ! Got a room on the 5th floor which was fine (decent size, large wardrobe, decent bathroom, balcony, double-glazing, TV with one English channel and air-con). Unfortunately no kettle and the air-con didn't work but we didn't need it. Our room faced North so didn't get any afternoon/evening sun on the balcony so we asked for a different room - they moved us straight away to a room overlooking the pool which was great. The beds were very creaky and the walls very thin. Let's just say we could hear "everything" that was going on upstairs :) There were problems with the water supply - day one we had no hot water - day two no water whatsoever (until after breakfast) and the same on day three - seems like you have to shower "off-peak" :) The tiny tiny walk to the beach was great - that was the best bit - it's like this hotel has actually been built on the beach it couldn't get any closer ! And the food was great - we only went half board but there was a huge selection of pretty much everything and there's even a "show cooking" area where food is cooked fresh on-demand. The drawback was the bar - forget it - no queuing system and no limits on the amount of alcohol served at once to the all-inclusive people. I heard people walking out saying "we will go somehere else it's ridiculous waiting an hour for a drink". Glad we never went all inclusive We went over the road to the supermarket and bought bottles of San Miguel instead for 1.50 a litre (shhh don't tell anyone !!). Not much going on locally so we took a bus to town for 1.50 euro which was good value. Entertainment in the hotel was almost non-existent and when it did happen you couldn't see anyway (too many people not enough seats) even though the lounge was very large. All in all we had a good time but that was owing to the glorious weather. The hotel was average and most of the staff were ok. Would definately go somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Algarb is the perfect setting for an unforgettable family vacation on the Mediterranean Sea. Situated on the popular D'en Bossa beach, guests will find a wide variety of activities for the whole family to enjoy. The Hotel Algarb offers 408 totally refurbished rooms each with a fully-equipped bathroom, air-conditioning, and a terrace (most with sea views). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Algarb reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algarb Hotel Ibiza Town
- Resort All Inclusive Algarb
- Hotel Algarb Ibiza/Playa D'en Bossa