“The worst hotel, with the best parties!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel

You added Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa d'en Bossa 10, 07817 Playa d'en Bossa, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Lymington, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel, with the best parties!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I am currently staying at the hotel and am part way through an 11 night stay and have very mixed feelings. The party's are amazing and probably some of the best on the island however the attention to detail as a hotel is far from acceptable. The staff are rude, the service is poor, the rooms are average with cheep fittings, everything accept breakfast costs extra even the sun loungers on the beach and the prices are astronomical.

Upon arrival at this hotel we had to wait for 20mins before anyone at reception would acknowledge us we were then told that our room would not be ready until 12:00 so we went out and got some lunch and returned to be told that our room was still not ready and that we would need to wait 45mins which I did and we went out to the pool area. I returned 45min later and you guessed it room still not ready, I started to get annoyed with the woman at reception where I was promptly told that rooms did not need to be issued until 3:00, so I was lucky that I was getting it sooner. We eventually sorted our room out and entered to find that my bags had been brought down but not my wife’s five phone calls later and one trip back to reception, bag arrives. At no point did anybody explain what or where the facilities were in the hotel and we were left just to find our way around and considering there are so many rules and charges for things this is not acceptable.

On one of the party nights both myself and my wife were moved from the pool area twice whist they set up for the event eventually we went to the beach area where we were told to pay for a sun lounger so we were left with two choices pay or return to our room.

We were in Ibiza with friends and trying to get them into the hotel was like a military operation and you are treated like criminals by security if you are not wearing the guest bands even if are guests where accompanied by us.

There are many other hotels in Ibiza which will offer better service for the amount of money you spend to stay here and it would be a far better move to just book tickets for the events. VERY VERY VERY POOR!

Room Tip: Standard garden rooms are the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and i just arrived from Fiesta Hotel, we had great time!! From checking-in to checking out, we stayed there for 8 days, the hotel was nice and clean, bed sheets were changed daily, staff were very helpful all the time.. we were on Half board basis, the food was amazing and lots of options. We all know Ibiza is not a family resort, so ppl complaining about noise when there's a milllion clubs around is meaningless, we had a great time listening to music morning and night, you are right across from Space, and just next to Ushuaia.. and walking distance to Bora Bora the perfect beach club!.. Guys if you want to go and party, and stay in a reasonably priced hotel, stay at the Fiesta Hotel, and its also right infront of the bus station, if you want to take the bus to Ibiza town, or San Antonio.. yes the towels are charged for, the tap water is salty, and the safe is for a daily charge.. but we enjoyed every minute of our stay.. definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: Sea view and high floor was perfect!! (7th floor)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Keemi!
Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy that you had a great time at our Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa and that you were satisfied with our services, staff and parties. We hope to see you again at one of our Fiesta Hotel Group resorts/hotesl in future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I have decided to post my own opinion about the hotel.

On the visit was myself and my girlfriend staying in mid June 2012 staying for 7 days.

As we arrived the check in staff were quite un-helpful. We did arrive at half past 1 in the morning but myself and my girlfriend did expect more information on the basic things for example what time breakfast is served from / until, where the bars are situated, how to use the hotel beach towel facility etc, however we were not given this information.

As we were shown to our room the hotel did look stunning. It really does look as though the designer has made alot of effort with the effect lighting, statues, etc. A very pleasant place to be.

Our room was quite small but with everything that we needed. Was clean upon entering and was cleaned everyday during our stay. The cleaning staff are very polite also always smiling and saying hello which we found to be nice. Our room was also situated in a perfect position overlooking the pool and stage area so we found ourselves lucky to be in such a good position.

During the day we found that the waiting staff and bar staff etc were not as helpful as we were expecting. We were never approached and asked if we would like a drink or anything else. We found this to be strange as we were paying guests just like everyone else and it seemed as though that other people were receiving a higher standard of treatment. This could be possibly due to the amount of money spent but I am not sure.

We were expecting our hotel to be expensive with regard to drinks etc however, not as expensive as it was. But the cocktails that were made for us were outstanding so we came to the conclusion 'you get what you pay for' even if it did seem quite pricey.

The shows and parties that were on that week for our stay (Luciano, pooldisco, afterparty for vagabundos) were excellent. Especially for the live stage shows (Luciano). The effort by the organisers did show and we had a great time. The security team were not intimidating towards us but you could notice there presence and we were always checked for wristbands upon entering reception or our rooms when the parties are on.

Overall the hotel is stunning and a lovely place to be but for the price, we expected a little more service. Also if you are on holiday to explore more of Ibiza this might not be the place to stay as a reflection on price. But we had a great time none the less.

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I checked in for 8 days at the start of the season. Check in was a bit slow but not too painful. We paid an extra £1,000 for a 'Swim Up' room so as we walked past the pool area on our way to the room, I wondered why it was called a 'swim up' room as the rooms were not connected to the pool in any way (the pool area was pretty cool looking though). Upon arriving at our room (interestingly, access to the room was through a set of emergency fire doors which look like it was meant for staff access only), I found they have a second pool with sun loungers. This pool area sucked - it was completely dead over the entire week. We should have stuck to the standard rooms, would have been cheaper and at least we would have got a balcony overlooking the center stage where the parties are hosted. Anyway, moving on...

So we arrive at our room - the word disappointed would be an understatement. It was the most basic of rooms I have stayed in - a bed, a bar stool, a shelf acting as a bar area above the fridge, a hanging rail acting as a wardrobe, and a couple more shelves with an inbuilt safe. Definitely not 5 stars. you also get 2 bathrobes, 2 pairs of flip flops, a toiletries bag with some cotton wool, cotton buds, and shower cap. The toiletries provided were cheap and decanted into plastic Ushuaia bottles. You do get a hair dryer and straighteners but no iron and ironing board. They did provide an iron upon request but everytime we plugged it in, it would cause a power cut. On the plus side you do get free wifi and the breakfast is extensive but these positives were negated by the fact they their website mentioned that all rooms were equipped with an iPod docking station - this was not the case.

Despite being a very new hotel the fixtures and fittings had aged pretty badly. The bathroom had a strong smell of mould and damp as ventilation was poor. The grouting around the tiles were also discoloured. Storage/worktop space was very limited in the room and bathroom, really annoying when you need to put something down quickly. The floors were dirty, you could feel grit and sand under feet when walking barefoot. Throughout the duration of our stay the towels were replaced twice.

At the Ushuaia, they really want to take all your money and have cleverly devised ways to slap on extra charges. Their beach bar charges you 16 Euros for 2 sun loungers and another 8 Euros for the use of a parasol - 24 Euros before you've even sat down and ordered a drink!

Overall, this hotel is more form over function. For the price, I'm sure you'll find better accommodation elsewhere on the island.

Room Tip: Don't bother getting a 'Swim Up' room.
carlisle, cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just arrived home from the Fiesta Don Toni Club resort, and I am looking forward to some sleep !, it is advertised as a family resort, although there was a lot of families there, all of a sudden large groups of german lads arrived, obviously on a lads holiday which is all very well and good in the right hotel ! the police had to be called to them on more than one occassion, the reception staff didnt bat an eyelid at their behaviour, which included climbing on the roof of the hotel, urinated in the childrens area of the pool, and generally making a lot of noise 24 hours of the day. When we booked we had booked 2 family rooms, both for 4, there was myself, my husband our two children (6 and 7 years old) and my in laws, we booked the rooms for 4 for the grandparents didnt feel obliged to have one of the children all the time, when we got there an extra sofa bed had been put in each room (with no bedding on) I enquired at reception (after a long que of other newly arrived holidaymakers had complained) and was told we could have bedding the next day. After an hours sleep the first night we were moved to the other end of the complex, as it seemed some of the groups of germans also had (Great!). On the plus side the food was extremely nice and varied, plenty to choose from, the maids were lovely and cleaned the rooms every day, fresh bedding and towels everyday, Kids Club reps were lovely, as we could use the waterpark we ended up going there most days to avoid the deafening noise. Had a good holiday (in the end) as the kids enjoyed it, but wouldnt be going back in a hurry.

Room Tip: ask to be at the bottom end of the complex, away from the night time entertainment, which seems to g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and advice. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have already passed your comments to our person in charge. We hope to see you again at the Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa or at another Fiesta Hotel Group resort/hotel in future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

If you are between 16-25 you will love this place. The location is perfect. Just a stone's throw away from the airport in St Jordi, Just opposite Space night club, next to Uischa (spelling?) and at the start of a lively strip this place is great for young clubbers. It is teeming with young and beautiful people who want to get some sun during the day, see and be seen and go clubbing at night. Ibiza music is pumped out during the day at the pool. If you are above this age and not in a group this may not be the place for you.....
If you are after a quiet cultural getatway this place is NOT for you. Basically this place is noisy as hell. Ibiza music pumped out the whole day, people coming back from clubs at all hours, drum and bass beat from Space through the night and don't even get me started on the noise from the planes! They fly so low you can practically see the passengers!

I would rate this as an average three star in general. The rooms are adequate, a good size and ok miniatures with a balcony. On the minus side there is no fridge, no wifi and you have to pay to use the safe. Also, the water that comes out of the tap tastes like it comes directly from the sea! The TV was from 1982 and did not have a remote control even but again, if you are just there to club this will not matter.
The communal areas are ok. The pool area is nice. Pool towels cost 3 Euros a day plus 20 Euros deposit. Internet in the lobby costs 4 Euros per 30 minutes.

The food was very average. On the plus side (for me) as no kids are allowed the choice of deserts was limited to fruit, yoghurt, jelly and ice cream in yoghurt tubs plus one cake. The rest was very average.

The service was generally not great. Apart from one woman at reception and one guy at the beach bar they were grumpy and quite unfriendly. I understand that they have a job to do and they did their job - no question and are probably sick to death of loud inebriated Brits - point taken but the service was not done with a smile!

On the whole though I feel that if you are out for a good time and just want to be young and do not care about service etc then this is great! Also, compared to some horror stories I heard on the plane this hotel is probably much better than other similar "young person" hotels in the area

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I’ve just returned from a short break @ Ushuaia and unfortunately, I doubt I’d stay again.

The hotel is stunning, and I’d probably feel different had I not of had 5 star expectations.

Check in took over an hour. The staff weren’t the most helpful and then when shown to our room. It was the furthest away, with a view of a wall! No sea view, no pool view so we were slightly disappointed. Room states it has an iron – don’t be fooled! They mean hair straighteners! Room also said it had tea / coffee facilities – I asked endless times at reception only to be greeted with rather rudely that I was incorrect. On each occasion I showed them the website and told them that they were incorrect! They were unhelpful.

I wasn’t too happy I couldn’t iron my clothes so I asked where I could buy an iron. At which point you would expect a 5 star hotel to inform you that you could actually borrow their iron (instead of paying 10 Euros for each ironed dress via room service) – they never! Only into our 3rd day I found out we could borrow one!

If you’d like to invite friends into the hotel they need ID. They can not join you on party days either.

Pioneer Suites are the World’s worst ever idea!! Wanna be DJs with terrible mixing blearing from ever angle of the pool, day and night. Sounds clashing – awful!! Just bloody awful. OK, so they state they are the hotel that never sleeps, and one sound is fine, but 3 different rooms all at the same time one day over the pool music wasn’t much fun. So I could understand why the girl sunbathing in front me started playing music from her iphone to drown out the other sounds, but that then made it worse for me!!

Our sheets were change once in 5 days – and we only received the ‘turn-down’ service once.

We were getting ready to go out and our already crappy hairdryer completely stopped working. I took it to reception and asked for another one. I was told that ‘that’s what they do’. I said I understand they can over heat – but this is 100% broken and please can I have a replacement. They said no! I left the hair dryer with them and a guy from room service brought it back to me. I asked if it was new. He said no. I showed him it didn’t work and said I need a new one. He agreed and 20 minutes later, I finally received a new hairdryer.

WHY was that such a hassle?!

Our last day we were due to check out 12. Which just so happened to be Luciano’s opening party. Prior to our last day I asked if we could stay for the party. I was told only if we paid 50 Euros each. Of course having stayed for 5 days already and no parties I was a little disheartened and asked if that could be discounted. The lady was quite firm and told me, if I didn’t want to pay, my luggage could still be stored and should we want to shower before our flight we could be ‘escorted to the locker rooms’. I accepted her answer and that was that. I had also sent a message on facebook asking to stay for the party and again the answer was no.

Upon checking out we had the most adorable lady. She was super helpful when I asked again if we could stay for the day to sunbathe and to party; she went off came back and said staying at the hotel for the day wasn’t a problem at all. They need more staff like this woman!!

AGAIN, why couldn’t they do this in the first place?

It appears to me the hotels first response is NO, when in actual fact a 5 star establishment should always be YES.

On the plus side, the parties are fantastic – be warned though if you stay in the hotel you are not allowed in the areas where you would normally sunbathe – this becomes the VIP area and for a bed area the price is around 4,000 Euros – we met some guys who had an area to get in we needed wrists bands.

Breakfast is fantastic – the selection is wonderful and a real credit to the hotel. It was a shame though that we didn’t know we could also order from a menu in addition to the buffet – nobody told us and we assumed this was a service for the suite guests – but it’s not!

Smoothies are wonderful and only 14 Euros (even with rum!), so they won’t break the bank.

The locker room is a lovely area to freshen up once you have checked out.

The hotel has access direct to the beach (beach beds are not inclusive of hotel though – there is an additional charge).

I was quite surprised that the average age of the people staying at the hotel was 40 and above (possibly due to the price of the rooms?). It’s also not as sociable around the pool as say Es Vive – my recommendation is, go for the parties, stay somewhere else instead.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from the Pioneer Suites as possible!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!