“best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Tindaya Hotel

You added H10 Tindaya Hotel to your Saves list
H10 Tindaya Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   C/ Punta del Roquito s/n, 35627 Costa Calma, Pajara, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Costa Calma
“best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

the best holiday ever ! do not hesitate to enjoy yourself in beauty place like that !
we went for 7 nights being a bit sceptic about that hotel but it wasn't necessarry !!!
worth every penny ! amazing customer service , great food , and fantastic atmosphere !

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came back from five days at this resort. It was pretty quiet however that suited us fine. Food was really good, good choice and hot, constant supplies and replenished frequently. Premium brands of alcohol plus champagne are included in the AI. We had one standard room and one family sized room - could have been cleaned/dusted prior to our arrival but did the job. Would def come back here again

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the H10 Tindaya with my mum from 10th -17th December on a half board basis. I spend a lot of time in Fuerteventura each year, (usually renting an apartment) but wanted to do something a little more special for my mum who is in her mid 70s.

I invested a lot of time searching for a 'good' hotel on the island and have to admit that the Tripadvisor ratings for this particular property swayed me to make the booking. While my stay was overall a pleasant experience, it was far from outstanding, and I hope that this objective review will assist hotel management to improve the services and facilities offered.

For those who are not familiar with Costa Calma, it is a purpose built 'town' in the South East of the island, populated predominately by German holiday makers. While there were a few Brits staying in the hotel, the majority of clientele were German and Italian. The hotel location is approximately 15/20 minutes walk from the 'main strip' and while there is no allocated parking, there is adequate space to leave a vehicle on the road in front or at the side. The public spaces, including the grounds are fairly large and very well kept and the views to ocean are spectacular. The beach is easily accessible by steps (not too steep) from the pool area.

I had reserved a twin room with sea views and was allocated room 595 on the 5th floor (one above reception) at the side of the building which looked out across the bay and the road. The check in process was quick and easy and while my interaction with the receptionist wasn't unpleasant, I didn't feel she was particularly hospitable either. Actually, the same could be said for the majority of staff I encountered in various areas of the hotel. While they were not unpleasant, they rarely made the effort to greet or speak unless spoken to first and this is not something I'm used to, working in the hospitality business.

The room was nice but very basic. The beds were comfortable but the sheets while clean, had a few small marks and holes...again not something I expect from a 4 star hotel. The bathroom was fairly spacious and the shower was very good, powerful and always warm. The patio doors led to a good sized covered balcony but we were unable to leave the doors open as desired due to the number of mosquitoes and flies that seemed to inundate the area. The air conditioning unit which doubled as a heating system didn't work consistently but fortunately it wasn't too cold in the evenings and the extra blankets we requested for the beds were sufficient.

While the room was cleaned well, the cleaning staff sometimes forgot to empty the bins, replace the toilet roll, change the glasses, and one day, also forgot to bring new towels after taking the old ones away. Small details that make a big difference.

Despite the mixed reviews about the food, I found it to be very good. Lots of variety and always a couple of different fish and meat dishes as well as a show cooking section which seemed to specialize in Italian cuisine. While the food was good, the same can not be said for the people cooking it, who were not interactive at all and even quite unfriendly at times.

The waiters worked hard, Anna Maria and Jaime in particular and they made the effort to smile and say hello. We sat in Jaime's section every evening and we enjoyed his conversation and his service.

The price of wine and drinks in general were very reasonable but the house wine was not (in my opinion) nice and coffee was only available in the dining room from a machine and was very poor.

Bar staff were ok. They worked hard (Adrian was very good) but once again, they were not particularly interactive.

The evening entertainment was very poor. Nacho was friendly and made the effort to interact with me and my mum but the choice of shows were very amateur and the comedy night was bizarre! There was nothing to do after 10pm except sit and drink at the bar outside the show lounge and as I didn't want to spend my holiday drinking aimlessly, I was usually in bed by 10:30!

I feel that the Tindaya has so much potential but there's something missing! We all know that regardless of the facilities, it's the people who make the experience and overall, the staff seemed miserable and lacked energy and enthusiasm. I don't expect people to be 'in your face' but I do expect the very basics of hospitality, like a simple greeting and a smile, people who anticipate your needs before you have to address them, and people who show pride in their work and genuinely enjoy what they do so that you are able to share that experience with them.

While I enjoyed my time on the island, I certainly don't feel compelled to return to the hotel. Shame really!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a very nice all inclusive at the H10 Tindaya. The beach was beautiful and clean. The pool area and the Hotel in general were clean. We were a priviliege guess which means we had the all inclusive and VIP service. The Hotel staff were nice and helpful. The seleccion of drinks were pretty good specially for the VIP. The food was pretty good for being an all inclusive.

The few things that made were a downfall was the entratainment was very poor, for the pool arean and in the evening time. The Hotel did not provide room service for food.

The Hotel location was in a beautiful beach, but very far away from the airport. We had travelled from New York to Madrid and then Fuerteventura. We had a very long trip. Transportation to get to the hotel from the airport is not easy. Either you rent a car or you wait in the airport until the bus comes by which is every 4 to 6 hours.

Over all we had a great experience and the Hotel was pretty good.
Overall the hotel was very good and we would return.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
H10_Tindaya, Gerente at H10 Tindaya Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear CarEd2012,

Thank you so much for your review. Has been so great for us to read that your stay at the H10 Tindaya has been satisfactory.

It would be a big pleasure for us to host you during your next holidays!

Once again, thank you so much!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Surprised my girlfriend with a surprise birthday treat. Read lots of reviews on trip advisor. Looked at many hotels. Looked at hundreds of pics. I can say I think I chose well picking H10. I stayed at a H10 in Berlin so this helped my choice. Good standard.
Hotel overlooking the Atlantic and seconds walk to the beach. Brilliant. Didn't see many naturists.
Thankfully!! Saw the odd few but we found it funny. Each to their own.
We were on the 6th floor. Lovely room. It was good. Lovely big bed. Clean and cleaned daily to high standard.. Pools were all lovely.
Lots of sun beds. Great grounds. Well maintained. Hotel grounds all very clean and well presented.

Food. We were all inclusive. It did not let us down. Such great choice for breakfast lunch and dinner. We are now on diets!!!! Ate so much. All really tasty. We were delighted with it. Yes sometimes the veg may not have been piping hot but so what? The rest was great. Meat always hot, the variety was fantastic. Deserts lovely. Food was always topped up no matter how late. Say dinner finished at 21:30 - at 21:00 they would still come out and top up dishes. Waiters all very nice. Drank water cocktails and beer mostly . Enjoyed all. Didn't try the wine. Cocktails at bar in the evening lovely. Would recommend and stay here again without doubt.

My girlfriend had a tiny problem that there was only 1 running machine in the gym (one guy selfishly used this for 45 min hogging it) so she missed out one day. Also it was closed on Monday. But if that's the only fault over 5 nights of eating drinking sunbathing - they're doing something right. Thanks to all staff who worked 28.11.14--4.12.14 we loved our stay. Hopefully see you again.

D&S

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
H10_Tindaya, Gerente at H10 Tindaya Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear mrdmk,

It would be a big pleasure for us to host you during your next holidays!

Once again, thank you so much!

Market Harborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, we had a very nice all inclusive 7 days at the H10 Tindaya.
Good & bad points are as follows;

Firstly the good bits:

Very clean everywhere.
Excellent staff.
Nicely appointed rooms.
Good & tasty food selection. I have to say that the food overall was probably the best we have experienced for an all inclusive in Europe.
Plenty of sun beds around 3 pools & they're not packed in like Sardines.
Good all inclusive drinks selection, including local spirits cocktails & Cava.
'Help yourself' coffee (lovely), beer, soft drinks & wine.
Good atmosphere throughout the hotel, with a good mix of nationalities - very few Brits!

Now the not so good:

There is a nasty smell of sewage around the hotel - this was not evident all the time, but it was there quite frequently and was not apparent in the rest of the resort.
The 'hot' breakfast buffet was sometimes cold.
The all inclusive wine was awful.
A few fat old Germans frolicking naked on the beach!

Overall the hotel was very good and we would return.

Room Tip: We had room 215 (ground level). It had a nice view and a large balcony. As it faces South, it is she...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bodgerdog,

Thank you very much for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

The staff of H10 Tindaya is very happy after reading that you enjoyed a nice holidays with us!

Let me explain you about the smells, it could happen sometimes in this season but it comes from the exterior of the hotel and smells for a while and then smell is gone.

We will note about your comments about our F&B service.

We hope to see you soon !

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel itself is a beautiful (and massive) site with wonderful and well kept grounds.

The staff are very helpful and kind although there are, naturally, one or two grumpies!

My partner and I are staying here all inclusive which I regret as the food (buffet style only) is a little disappointing and often tasteless whilst the alcohol included is limited and wine almost repugnant.

The noise is my main concern with the hotel. Every hour of the day (morning and night) the noise in the corridor outside our room is horrendous with children screaming and adults --- what is made to sound like -stampeding. I'm still at the hotel now and writing this review as this is my second morning of being woken by passers by.

There is no formal dress code for dinner - people show up in their beach attire which definitely pushes the hotel more towards the 3* side of a 4* as opposed to the 5* territory.

The entertainment staff are excellent and there are some good activities such as shooting (air rifle).

All in all I don't think I would choose to come back to Tindaya unless it was on a self catering basis although I don't think there are many local restaurants nearby either as the resort is very quiet! I'd give the hotel 6 or 7 out of 10 because the grounds are spectacular but what's within them is less so.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Gemg2603

Thank you very much for share your opinion with the TA Community. We all are very glad that you enjoyed our kindness and service, as our animation team as well.

We will note your comments about food and wine service in the buffet restaurant. We regret about noises in the corridor we could have offered you another room if available.

We do our best to inform our guests about the dress code during dinner time, but sometimes we have to be flexible with the dress code and some people can get annoyed because of this, but it is a way to respect other guests.

Whole staff send you a very kind regards!

Assistant Manager

Been to H10 Tindaya Hotel? Share your experiences!