Weve just got back from Play Calma and hotel Morasol Atlantico,I wont repeat what others have said but there are a couple of comments,,,,this Hotel is excellent in all respects but two,,a,bar prices are exorbitant,,ie,2 Arahucas(light golden rum)and lemon 10euros,,you can by a bottle in the on site Spar for 9euros!!!its made in Grand Canaria!!!.Gordons and tonic9euros!!!!thats dearer than the bar on the QE2!!!!!and VAT here is only 5%!!,,ok enough said.,b,The buffet dinner is truly awfull for 13,50 euros per,.and they serv ,,Panga as there fish dish and are proud of it!!(read internet report on this fish)this fish by the way is now banned in Spanish schools because of its toxic content.
Coata Calma itself is a double edged sword,,,yes the playas are faboulas,clean,flat(safe for children)no undercurrent etc,and stretch for miles and miles,bed chairs priced at 4euros per.but Costa calma has no Paseo maritima(beach promanade)which means no nice beach front walk way!!pretty dam strange this,in fact we had difficulty thinking of another tourist resort without one!!,and means this ,theres literally nohwere to go of an evening and enjoy a nice walk along the front, choosing your place to dine or sit, or drink etc.Costa calma has no front,,,just a series of entry steps leading onto the beach,of which none are suitable for invalides,old people will struggle, as will small children,,,buggys and wheal chairs are not catered for any where.There is a real derth of bars and restauraunts,and what there is, is overpriced German eating houses and a few pizza houses,there are a couple of gems which ill come to but I have to say apart from the beach, Costa Calma has nothing going for it!!!.
An Italian called Ristorante Pizzeria,,this is in front of the suremarket,Max cop,,,near the African market(open wednesday)excellent quality(you can watch the chef twirling the pizza base)and very reasonable priced,fresh pasta with a mouth watering variety off sauces.also try the Spanish cafe on the right as you walk in towards the super,,,for breakfast rolls(bocadillos) try the bacon and fried egg,,hmmmm!! unfortunatly thats about it for Costa Calma,,,try going back up the road to Lajitas and a restaraunt on the front calle Ramon,,great fresh fish and grilled meats again more normal prices .The only other place in the south worth a mention is Morro de Jable old town,,,again make your way through the town down to the front(follow your nose).You will find a number of fresh fish restaraunts and grills all with sea views etc.
DrIve back to the wind vanes round about and take the road to Pajara,this takes you first over the desert and then after you pass by La Pared(the wall)(dont bother a visit)you go through the most amazing terrain in fact were you to see Lawrance of Arabia and a group of Bedu come over the hills you would not be shocked,
Take the road down to Ajui and visit the caves or just sit and have some local cheese and a half bottle of Ribera,,,,,soak it all up because this beach is where the Spanish first landed and made there way in land, the walk is just around the corner and a tourist info thingy on the beach gives all the info on this walk.
A must see is Pajara(bird)a more traditional style village with an amazing church in the middle,now this church has an authentic entrance built by masons just back from south America in about 1701,,and if you look closely you can see Inca chieftans depicted!!!,,,ok I admitt we had just watched a documentary on Canarian TV the night before about this church!!!!,loverly cafe in front of the church under the shade of some huge trees,,,,try the crepes!!delish.
And Ime afraid thats about it for southern Fuertaventura,,,absolutly nothing to compare with Coralejjo in the north,now I realise that one mans meat can be anothers poison but the lack of amenities,attractions,etc,means this,,,if for what ever reason the beaches are"hors de combat" bad wheather,very high winds(very likely) etc there is nothing to do and nowhere to go!!!!!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morasol Atlantico is a three star residence that belongs to the hotel chain Morasol and is located a few meters from the beach of Costa Calma. Due to its proximity you can enjoy views to the beach. The ideal location makes possible a wide range of activities to do in the surrounding area including a windsurfing school. The units provide capacity up to 3 people. All units are fully equipped with bathroom, kitchen and lounge. They also have outdoor terrace where you can enjoy sea views. Facilities at the hotel include a nude sun terrace, swimming pool for adults and one for children, both with sea views. Morasol Atlantico*** has an a la carte restaurant as well as a cafe and a poolside bar. It also offers live music several times a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Morasol Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morasol Atlantico Costa Calma
- Morasol Atlantico Hotel Costa Calma
- Morasol Atlantico Fuerteventura/Costa Calma