We have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Hotel, we were meant to stay at the Costa Calma Beach Resort but on arrival we were told they had no room and sent us to this Hotel ( Thanks to Travel Republic). We were a family group of 7 aged from 19-74.
1) The beach is beautiful - sea three colours of blue right on your door step edged by Palm Trees could almost be in Barbados - Note however as it is Fureventura it can be very windy and you have to pay to use loungers on the beach!
2) The Hotel Grounds and Building were very impressive with two bars - internet access and well presented dining room.
3) 2 large pools one heated with Jacuzzis ( I cant agree with Chlorine comment we loved the pools)
4) Bar and Service Staff were very helpful and fun more entertaining then most evening entertainment
5) Food was great lots of choice but lots of fried items pool bar food was by far the nicest
1) The area (Costa Calma) is not just quiet there is nothing there at all! We found one supermarket and one tiny late night bar so very very dull in evenings and day .There is no town.
2) Apart from sunbathing and swimming there is nothing to do ie no scuba lessons/ day time activities. Evening Entertainment was mostly awful with the exception of African Footprints which were fun. Bars closed at 11!
3) Full of Elderly German people even my 74 grand mother was bored!!!!
4) Rooms were a great dissapointment although clean enough lacked all luxury expected of a 4 star Hotel only saving grace was its large size,balcony and sea view - tv had mainly German channels except sky news and one music channel.
If you are looking for a beautiful beach and pool - Friendly service and nice food and do not mind being basically in the middle of no where and going to bed early this could be just what you are looking for - for our family though it was just toooo quiet !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your SBH Costa Calma Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Costa Calma Palace Hotel Costa Calma
- Sunrise Hotel Costa Calma
- Costa Calma Palace
- SBH Costa Calma Palace Fuerteventura