My friend and I stayed here for a week all inclusive from 9 May 2013.
We arrived late in the evening. An efficient check in by Alexandro, who advised us to drop off our bags in the room and return to reception where he had arranged some plated cold food for us as we had missed dinner. Very thoughtful.
Our room was fairly large with side view of the sea. Unfortunately we found it a bit noisy due to the mechanics of the lift. My friend went to reception and was advised that they would see about giving us a change the next day. Again efficiently at around 9 o'clock the next morning, a phonecall from reception saying we could have a look at another room and decide if we wanted to move. We decided to move, so no more lift noise for the rest of the holiday.
We booked all inclusive - the food was fine and with plenty of choice. Nice touches of having Cava at breakfast and one night each of Italian and Spanish themed dinner menus. Pool bar also had snacks e.g. chips, pizza during the day and ice cream & cakes in the afternoon. The staff in the food areas were efficient, polite and friendly, without being intrusive.
Drinks - good choice of cocktails, spirits and Cava at the bars. The staff were cheerful, worked hard and we never had to wait long to be served.
Entertainment - not to our taste. The Animation team's cabaret was terrible & it was tedious going through their presentation of certificates for the activity winners each night before the main act. Hotel should look at hiring in more professional entertainment and forget the Animation team for evening entertainment.
There were few British guests at the hotel when we were there, the majority were German but reception, bar and restaurant staff all spoke good English.
There was plenty space around all the pools, loads of sunbeds and there was never any problem finding one at any time of the day.
One negative is the hotel charges a lot for Wifi. We found 2 cafes beside the main shopping area where it was free.
Costa Calma is quiet. There is not a varied nightlife but we had a lovely relaxing holiday with some great fun evenings in the hotel. The hotel staff were great, all cheerful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort is a 4-star rated modern complex, active and with a lot of space. If you do not want to care about food an drinks, sorts and entertainment: selct our "all inclusive" program. Beach, sunshine and our excellent service brings you your well-deserved recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Costa Calma Beach Hotel Costa Calma
- Sunrise Costa Calma Beach Resort
- Hotel Costa Calma
- Costa Calma Beach Resort
- SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort Fuerteventura