We spent a week here at the end of March 2012 and had a wonderful, relaxing week.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and pleasantly decorated. The rooms are spacious with plenty of storage and we felt very safe. We were in room 5048 and had a lovely side sea view looking south along the coast,
In terms of the food, it was varied but mostly Spanish with plenty of fresh fish and paella which suited us well but I'd imagine some children would struggle to find something they'd enjoy at every meal. The croissants at breakfast were delicious and with good timing and observation it was possible to get them fresh and warm.
The pool areas were beautiful, plenty of sunbeds and space to suit everyone however the pools were freezing cold.
The staff were all absolutely excellent and worked hard to ensure everything was perfect. They all spoke great English despite the hotel being predominantly German. Despite feeling a little alienated on the first evening we soon got used to this and it didn't bother us at all.
The hotel is excellently located at the end of the beach which provided us with hours of walks along the coastline. Costa Calma is small and quiet, perfect for relaxing but not ideal if you're looking for nightlife. We were all inclusive so we didn't look hard, but i'd imagine that you'd struggle to find restaurants if you chose to travel self catering or B&B.
We avoided the hotel entertainment so i can't comment but by looking at the advertisements around the hotel it seemed they catered well for English guests with the likes of 'Blues brothers' and 'Mo-town'.
We hired a car for 1 day and had a lovely drive around the Island. I'd definitely recommend this as it only cost us 50euro (including 15euro fuel which got us around the whole Island). There's some beautiful villages to see in the mountains and plenty of scenic roads to explore. The beaches just south of Costa Calma are idyllic and shouldn't be missed however we got more than we bargained for when we stumbled across a nudist spot..
Would highly recommend this hotel and resort for a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort is a 4-star rated modern complex, active and with a lot of space. If you do not want to care about food an drinks, sorts and entertainment: selct our "all inclusive" program. Beach, sunshine and our excellent service brings you your well-deserved recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Costa Calma Beach Hotel Costa Calma
- Sunrise Costa Calma Beach Resort
- Hotel Costa Calma
- Costa Calma Beach Resort
- SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort Fuerteventura