After all the raving reviews of this Hotel, I thought that I had booked the right place to stay, but i have mixed reviews...
Upon arrival we waiting in an empty reception for over 10 minutes for a shabby dressed, larger woman to check us in with a slight attitude, not caring and just didnt seem to care / looking like she didnt enjoy her job.
There is wifi, but it is intermittent at times and can drop out, but your not there for wifi alone are ya!
We got to our room and it was basic but clean and someone had turned the fridge/ freezer down, meaning there was water all over the floor, so we just sorted the temp and put a kitchen towel down.
IN THE ROOM -
Perfect for self catering! clean plates, fridge/ freezer, cutlery etc etc....
The bedroom was basic but had all you need it in and was quiet, but backed onto a giant hole / rubble, but thats not a problem as such.
The bathroom was functional but the door didnt shut as the wood must have warped / poor assembly, the hot water didnt last long enough for 2 people to shower and the ceiling was full of damp and kept flaking off through out the day, like a snow storm.
There were towels and rooms and towles were changed every other day but the towels were shabby looking and smelt old/ un clean... like they had been sat in the hotel room for years!
Living room had a decent tv if you wanted to use it and sitting spaces, a nice balcony with 3 chairs?... (except people from the apartment next to us kept smoking and trying to eat some lunch with that isnt nice, but of course not the hotels fault, just annoying.
The nice thing about the room is you get a bottle of wine on arrival... but we didnt drink it, and fresh bread rolls every morning, which was a nice touch!
PS- Dont ever shut the balcony door whilst your on it.. you'll get locked out as my boyfriend found out and did to us, left us having to call reception lol.
THE HOTEL GROUNDS -
They were kept very clean and didnt use the pool, but looked nice enough.
THE FOOD -
For half board, the eating room was small and I must admit, that there was not much food on display, unlike other resorts i have stayed in, in Lanzarote.
If i were to go back, i would go b&b or self catering
Breakfast you have free juices as you have to pay for drinks in the evening, but you get a choice over the days between some of the following-
greasy looking bacon, sausages, potato, cold meat, cheeses, pastries, bread, youghurt... - you basically get 4 hot items.
DINNER - generally 2 salads, chips, meat dish, dry cucumber, some salad dishes, but really, not much on offer.
The area?... I can not fault! right by shops, restaurants, bars and the beach! its great! many great places to eat and there is a market on the square during the week on a night or 2.
I would return to the area, but maybe try a different hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This apartment complex is centrally located in the tourist destination of Costa Teguise, only 200 m from the Playa de las Cucharas beach. A shopping centre with boutiques, cafes, bars, and restaurants can be reached in a few minutes on foot (about 100 m away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Nazaret Apartaments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nazaret Apartaments Hotel Costa Teguise
- Nazaret Apartaments Costa Teguise
- Nazaret Apartaments Lanzarote/Costa Teguise