“Wonderful place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Santa Rosa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda del Mar 19, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 41 hotels in Costa Teguise
Ripley, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed on the HPB side, but the other side looks great too. All amenities available, on site activities, and a choice of 2 excellent, excellent restaurants on the modestly sized complex. Brilliant for couples, families. Full of life, but not noisy.
Would we come again? A resounding yes!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1,105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband myself and sister in law stayed here for a week at the beginning of December the weather was lovely and warm, a little cloudy some days and in the evening you did need a fleece or cardigan but hey it was December and much nicer than stormy UK.

We were allocated 2 bungalows which were very clean and south facing so we had the sun nearly all day, 1055 and 1056 they were in a quiet location which is what we requested. Ok as previous reviewers have mentioned they are a bit dated but we all loved the outdoor space, they don't seem to mind to much if you take a sunbed to your patio which was great but please return before the end of the holiday as this is a nice to have. It would be a shame to spoil this lovely perk as I saw the maids having to drag sunbeds back to the pool area, they work so hard without this added to their workload. TV had a couple of UK channels which was great if you fancy a night in with a takeaway the bungalow also had everything we needed to self cater.

The walkway on the sea front takes you for miles either way and was amazing we walked every morning, lots of lovely places to eat close by and supermarkets a 2 minute walk. We had breakfast the last morning in the Fishermans Inn 2.50 euro it was lovely so wished we had eaten here one evening. We are back in March so it will be on out list of places to return to. The Emperor chinese and Tandoori indian restaurant were both excellent the Cavern was a bit hit and miss we ate here twice first time was lovely second time the guys was sullen and moody and put us off our food shame as it is a cosy pub.

We only walked into the centre of Teguise once in the evening a pleasant stroll that took about 10 mins we also walked back, ate in the mexican which was ok. All in all we had a lovely relaxing time the Santa Rosa suited us and our budget. Oh and the crazy golf was free, great if it is cloudy and the happy hour was a bargain buy one get one free this included a cheeky G & T. We didn't eat at the Santa Rosa so cannot comment on the food. Reception ladies were all very pleasant and helpful we are returning in March so that says it all.

Room Tip: 1055 & 1056 great if you are a group as the patios have no separation. Maybe better with 1057 or...
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

So we went on the 18th dec just for 3 nights until our villa was available in Playa Blanca. When looking to book hotels I religiously check trip advisor and will base where I stay accordingly. I have travelled the world and have stayed in everything from a 1*- 5* the later being my choice.
When reading the reviews on here I was led to believe it was an amazing place all round. However this was not the case. When we checked in we were a little early but our room was ready. We were upgraded from a one to two bed apartment which was in a good position on ground floor near to the bar and kids playground.

Bar was quite expensive €4.50 for 3 very small plastic cup drinks that was mainly ice! Advise you to pop to spar a few doors along as soon as you get there and buy a bottle for €1.50!

Food was ok but nothing special. Started to get busy on our last day and could imagine in the July/aug it would be manic!

There were a lot of older couples and groups there and spent most of their time watching you eat!

Pool was extremely cold. My daughter got in once! And not for long! Don't understand why they don't put the heating on it was such a shame all the kids with nothing to do except play in the run down park. Lots of bored kids about so be careful if your planning a trip in winter.

The kids club was horrendous! The woman who run it turned up late the two days my daughter went. Last day looking very hungover!! Not good for a kids entertainer. I work with kids myself and don't even drink the night before I'm working, ever! So very unprofessional! Some kids didn't get to do activities as she didn't have time to do things with all the kids.

It runs from about 10:30 to 12..... Again, pretty poor for a hotel featuring a kids club. They do however have a massive indoor play area which my daughter did enjoy.

Evening disco was terrible. It is held in between the play frame and bowling alley. Most of the songs in Spanish with all the English kids wondering what they were dancing too. Although my daughter seemed to enjoy most of it.

The bowling alley and play frame are used in the evening for parties for the locals. Don't expect to get a seat. My daughter wanted to go into the play frame on the last night and I let her. She looked so sad when I picked her up as all the kids were Spanish and no one played with her. Ladies on reception bit there were quite rude too.

For me, this wasn't enjoyable. I spoke to another family there too who thought the exactly the same as me. If your happy with basic accommodation, cold pools, run down play grounds and grumpy old women then this is the place for you.
If you are looking for a great family holiday I'd advise you to book somewhere else.

This is my own opinion and I'm sure others will disagree but I'm just being honest.

Stayed December 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went the week before Christmas and so paid less than £1000 for a family of 5 including flights and transfers. So the review I give is with that in mind!
Rooms spacious but a bit tired. We had a bungalow near the pool which suited us as the kids would go off the the little park and play with others and we could watch from our patio.
Grounds excellent, well kept and clean.
Pool large and clean but freezing - colder than the sea, not suer how they do that?!
Kids club - we went with 3 under 8 years was brilliant, they didnt want to come out, evening disco was also a bit of fun for them.
Location was good with lots of places to eat close by, which werent amazing but good enough. Local beach was good - 10 minute walk.
Probably woudnt go in summer as no AC, but for a winter break for the family this is hard to beat - much cheaper than Center Parcs and nice and warm every day.....

Room Tip: Near the pool if you are going with young children, facing away from the pool if not
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited over new year and and first impressions were great.
A lovely spacious grounds very well maintained. And great facilities
Some lovely bars nearby and a 15 min walk to town.
The downsides are:-

1. Although rooms are clean and simple. The sofa and bedding were constantly cold and damp feeling and I'm sure in the summer would be fine but not in dec/jan. And were generally grubby feeling

2. At night the rooms are quite cold even with extra blankets ( simple heaters required)

3. When asking at reception about a heater they couldn't help

4. Pool bar was under staffed ( but staff were GREAT. Running around like headless chickens. But real asset to the hotel)

5. Wifi is 3 euro a day which is fine but its signal doesn't make it to room

6. Minor but tv really poor 20 year old portables

7. Don't be fooled by the advertised heated pool. You can only use it if your an owner

I would visit again but not in winter. As the site was nice and good location and staff great

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Innerleithen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

we took our 9 year old son away for his first holiday abroad and the hotel was perfect for us. I agree with some who say that the apartments were looking a little tired, but they were still ideal, clean and a great size! Although the beds were very uncomfortable and we all woke up each morning feeling sore all over! we were advised that there was a heated pool but when we got there we found that we were not allowed to use the pool as it was part of a different side to the hotel. therefore we were stuck with a pool that was salt water and freezing cold!! I never used the pool but our son was in most days, even though he vomited on the 1st day due to swallowing salt water! ( he was sick by the side of the pool which I cleaned up, not in the pool!!) most of the staff were fantastic and very helpful, although there were a couple ( 2 in particular) that were quite ignorant and made no attempt to speak to us in English. the entertainment that was provided to us on New Years Eve was fantastic and a great time was has by all. The food was good, but there was not enough of a choice and was similar most nights, although there were plenty of nice places to eat just outside the hotel and can highly recommend the all you can eat Chinese buffet, about 10 euros per adult and 6 euros per child, food amazing!! kids entertainer was excellent and made sure our son was involved in the activities. I would stay here again if going with my son, but not if I was going just with my husband.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have recently returned from our third trip to the HPB site in Lanzarote at Costa Teguise. We were very impressed with this resort when we first visited in 2011 and our subsequent visits to both the island and Santa Rosa in particular have reinforced this impression. The facilities on the site and amenities in the apartments are first class and the opportunities for visiting and eating around and about are great. There are also great walks both in Costa teguise and in the island in general which range from easy to more strenuous for those who are more dedicated walkers. Public transport around the island makes it feasible to do without a hire car but, of course, having one does make more things possible. The climate of course is ideal and during our stay at the beginning of December the temperatures were in the mid-20s which was very pleasant!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!