Just returned from the Santa Rosa after spending the 1st week of the Easter hols there. As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms are a little tired and lack some of the mod cons used to back home but they are perfectly adequate and offer great value for money. We stayed in a 2 bed bungalow (1055) which had sunshine most of the day and wasn't too far from the pool.
I think the best feature of this hotel is that it's so child-friendly - indoor bowling alley, soft play area,bouncy castle, park). Rosemary, the kids entertainer, is fantastic and works so hard with the kids.
We stayed B&B and thought the breakfasts were good with lots of choice (toast, cereal, pancakes to order, yoghurt, bacon, eggs etc). We tried one evening meal and that was nice also (lovely paella!) and apparently they do different theme nights regularly. Was only 9 Euro for an adult and half price kids including a drink, as they had an offer on for March.
Immediately outside the apartments, there are a few bars and restaurants. Particularly liked the Wok Chinese buffet restaurant. Chinese starters,crispy duck, mains,sushi, plus fresh meat and fish/shellfish that you hand to the chef to cook while you wait. So clean and fresh. Not cheap (about 12 Euro for adults and 6 for kids I think) but a step up quality-wise from the cheap buffets being offered in town. Also enjoyed the small Italian place next door called IB for lovely fresh Pizza and Pasta.
Costa Teguise itself was lovely - recommend cutting through to the promenade and having a nice stroll towards town, stopping for a drink at Villa Toledo overlooking the sea. Nice park by the prom also for the kids if they get bored.
Only slight annoyance was the amount of looky looky men trying to flog sunglasses watches, glasses etc whlst you are having a snack or drink in a bar. A polite 'No thanks' is usually all that's needed though and some of their banter is quite funny. Overall, great time and would definetly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and Resort The apartment complex is located in Costa Teguise 350m to the beach of Playa Bastian. The town centre is only 1 km away, the capital in 6 km and to the airport only 12 km. The Santa Rosa is perfect for relaxed family holidays and now it is also your destination for a sport and active accommodation. Always thinking on the families it offers a complete entertainment program for children , 1500m2 leisure center with a Indoor Children Playground, ball pond, soft play area with slides, climbs, bridges, face painting, football, play-station, television room, (free of charge) pool table and as well as an professional Brunswick 10 pin bowing alley with 4 tracks .(Charge) The new Sports Center, opened in May 2013, offers you a wide range of sport facilities, a heated indoor semi Olympic pool of 25 meters and one heated 6x6m pool for children and rehabilitation. It also provides a fully equipped Gym with the newest equipment, Fitness room, spinning-bikes, personal trainer, classes of yoga, TRX and much more. To relax after sportive activities you can enjoy the Sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish bath and sport massage. (Charge) The Sports Center can be used for a small fee for Clients of the Hotel. Accommodation-Apartments 1 bedroom apartments are distributed in a separate bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe with safe (for rent), bathroom with tub / shower, living room with sofa-bed of an individual place, telephone and satellite TV. A fully equipped kitchen with 2 cooking hobs, fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster. The balcony or terrace has furniture. The family apartments offer the same facilities but with 2-bedrooms and 4 single beds, 2 per room. Santa Rosa has rooms and facilities for disabled guests. (Under request) Please, contact Santa Rosa if you need to rent a scooter, wheelchair, etc. Upon arrival. During the stay the cleaning of the apartments is done 5 times per week, with 3 changes of towels per week and 1 change of linen every 5 days. Facilities and Service The reception remains open 24 hours for your safety and comfort with luggage storage and showers, and 4 Internet terminals (charge). Surrounded by a large garden area and a solarium you find the outdoor saltwater pool (heated in winter by solar panels) with separate children's pool and outdoor playground, sun loungers and parasols. Just beside the pool area you have a Snack bar with free Wi-Fi connection were you can enjoy snacks, light meals and drinks. It also features 2 restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner where you can choose between international themed buffet and a la carte service. (Free Wi-Fi) The complex also offers installations to play Mini-Golf, Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Petanque (free of charge) And 2 Paddle-tennis-courts (charge) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Rosa Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Hotel Costa Teguise
- Santa Rosa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise