I am just home from two weeks self catering in the basic apartments at Club Siroco and I was very happy with my accomodation. I was on my own so a twin bedroom and a lounge area with hob and microwave (no oven but I wasn't expecting that). The kitchen was well stocked with plates/glasses etc everything you need for a couple of weeks. The bathroom was basic but adequate for what it is needed for. It is rated as 2 stars and I really wonder sometimes what people think they are going to get for that - from my point of view I have stayed in hotels all over the world and lots of self catering and consider the description of Siroco to be fair and honest. I can only imagine it is 2 stars due to lack of air conditioning etc - but I rarely use these facilities anyway. The apartments were cleaned every two days and the cleaners did a good job. I was in room 208 looking over the pool and bar area so it was good to watch the world go by. The area around the pool was spotless as was the reception area. I found no issues with my room or elsewhere in the apartments during my stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and happy to give you advise on where to go etc. I didn't eat in the hotel as when I wasn't cooking for myself I like to go out and about for a change of scenrey hence the reason I went self catering - but from other guests I was speaking to they were more than happy with their inclusive deals.
Luis the entertainer was about the pool most days with some games etc for anyone who wanted to join in - but these were low key and didn't interupput you if like me the days I spent at the pool I just wanted to read my book as most days I was out diving or walking. I did pop into a couple of the evening events and though not likely to win any awards they were fun and got people chatting etc. Again you were under no pressure to go/take part so it was entirely up to you. As it was outwith the school hols there was only a few kids at the pool and plenty of sunbeds don't know if this would be different at different time of year. The premier apartments are child free and have their own pool within a secured area - didn't get into this but again those staying here really liked it and the rooms were of a much higher standard - you get what you pay for!
Like others reviewers on here if I was looking to part I wouldn't recommend Costa Teguise to those looking to party it is a lovely town and exactly what I was looking for with nice walks, lots of resteraunts, peaceful with no hassle - but if you are looking for something livelier on the party scene then head towards Puerto Del Carmen or Playa Blanca, I visited both towns as well as Arrecife and liked them all but was more than happy with my choice to stay in Costa Teguise.
Siroco is about 15 minutes walk to the main centre of Costa Teguise, come out the hotel and trun right and within 250m you will come accross a couple of big supermarkets and various other shops and resteraunts - plenty of choice for everyone. If you like a steak I would recomment La Bohemia resteraunt (turn righ from the apartments and walk just under 10 mins and it is on the same side of the road). The biggest and best steak I have had in a while - for less than 12Euro.
There is a little mini market just at the entrance to the apartments - be warned it was quite pricey as I picked up bread here one day at more than double the cost as the bigger supermarkets so it is worth the extra 5 mins walk!
I spent a lot of my time diving with Diavoon Diving Centre when I was in Costa Teguise (who will pick you up at your hotel if need be). I can't recommend them enough if your looking to do some diving. I am a qualified diver and found them friendly, helpful and very accomodating as well as doing dives for qualified divers they also do courses and introduction dives - some great dive spots as well.
I also hired a car for a three days - 60 euro - hire companies all over the town so no shortage of choice but check what you are getting for your money as though some appear cheaper or same price they don't all include fully comprehensive insurance. My deal got me fully comprehensive with no excess and unlimited mileage - so again shop around and read the small print - as always the longer you take the car the cheaper the dailly rate becomes.
I visited Timanfaya national park and went for a walk just outside the park recommended at the visitors centre - really interesting but probably much harder in the heat of summer! You can take an organised tour here if you don't have a car.
The beaches of Playa Papagayo just outside Playa Blanca are lovely and part of a national park - you will need a car to get here as it is down an unsealed but driveable road with a 3euro entry fee - several untouched beaches that you can either sit an enjoy or walk between. No facilities here at all so take food/drink with you if going for any time and also there are a few nudist sun bathers if you are with anyone who will be uncomfortable with that.
Cuevo De Los Verdes and Jameos Del Aqua are both interesting stops as well - the first being huge volcanic caves that you go through as a tour the second been the end of a lava tunnel where you can see albino crabs (very rare) and beutifully developed with a cafe for a drink. They are within about 500m of each other. Nearby here as well is Jardin de Cactus that though I wouldn't necessary go out my way to see on it's own but if going to visit the other sites and you have time is worth a wee stop - hundreds of different types of cactus in a lovely presented gardens.
You can buy a multi entry ticket for these sites and add on a few others if you like at the entry to any of them so saves a few euro's as well.
The Lagomar musuem - bueatifully designed house built into the side of a hill that was once owned by Omar Sherrif was probably one of my favourite stops on my own tour of the island.
If you do decide to hire a car the driving around the island is easy and everything is well signposted - the few wee unintentional detours that I took resulted in visits to some lovely wee villages - lots of small villages to stop at for a cold drink or ice cream as you drive around.
Also look out for the various markets, Costa Teguise itself is a Wed and Fri evening, you can get the local bus from Costa Teguise to the town of Teguise on a Sunday for the market there which was the biggest one I went to. On Sunday afternoon there was a lovely market at marina Rubicon which is a lovely wee port itself.
It can be quite windy in Costa Teguise so even when the sun is out and the temp is high if the wind picks up you will be thankful if you have packed a fleece or warm cardigan particularly in the evenings if you want to sit comfortably in one of the many outside/sea view resteraunts.
I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday and will definetely head back to Costa Teguise at some point and would happily stay at Club Siroco again. Thanks for a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Sirocco consists of 172 apartments spread over 2 areas, the FAMILY AREAand the SERENITY AREA. Both areas share the reception, restaurant and disco barIn the FAMILY AREA standard have 94 apartments, 88 one bedroom apartments and 6 of 2 bedroom apartments.All standard apartments (in familiar and serenity areas) have:• Safe.• Direct telephone line.• bathroom.• T.V. satellite• Electric stove with two burners, toaster, microwave, refrigerator and crockery corresponding supplements.• Hot water (50 liter flasks individual)• Non-smoking apartments on request.The apartments have a spacious lounge which opens the possibility of accommodation in sofa bed for the 3rd person in the case of one-bedroom apartments and 5th person in the case of two-bedroom apartments.The SERENITY AREA, for adults only, has 78 apartments and 28 apartments with 1 bedroom Standard, 8 Standard 2 bedroom apartments, 34 apartments 1 bedroom Premium and Premium 8 apartments of 2 bedrooms, all arranged in blocks of two floors with views of the area pool.Premium apartments have been renovated completely renovated in 2012PREMIUM apartments have:• Safe with laptop size• Direct telephone line.• bathroom and spacious 1,800 dryer wat• T.V. 32-inch LCD satellite TV free• Electric cooker hob with two burners, toaster, microwave, refrigerator and crockery corresponding supplementary par 3 or 5 people.• Terrace balcony overlooking the pool• Choice of pillows• Apartments and WIFI in public areas (with charge)The apartments have a spacious lounge which opens the possibility of accommodation in sofa bed for the 3rd person in the case of one-bedroom apartments and 5th person in the case of two-bedroom apartments.FACILITIES AND SERVICES• Large lobby with 24-hour switchboard, currency exchange, car rental, and attention to all kinds of requests from clients in multiple languages.• Porter• Internet and WiFi access in reception and pool bar and rooms (with charge)• Buffet Restaurant• Disco bar• Pool Bar• 1 outdoor pool for adults and 1 for children in the family area• 1 adults pool in the SERENITY• Solarium and recreational areas with sunbeds and umbrellas free• Laundry and Laundry service• Vending machines• Massage service• Complimentary rooms with shower • Cleaning of apartments 4 times a week, change of towels 2 times per weekand linen change 1 per week.SPORTS FACILITIESAt HOTEL:• Tennis court• Indoor soccer ground• Bowling alley• Minigolf• Bicycle RentalPractice 500m (with school and rental) of:• Windsurfing• Surf• Diving• Kayak• Cycling• Trekking and multisportA 2 km Golf course of 18 holesA 2 km AguaparkA 2 km Zone PaintballA 1 km Sports center with sauna, jacuzzi, indoor pool and gymA 1 km Spa and beauty treatmentsA 15 km KartingA 20 km Riding practical possibilityANIMATION (seasonal)• Two nights a week live shows. (Magic, Flamenco, Snakes, Brazilian, Exotic birds, etc..)• Animation and sports activities for adults and children• Waterpolo• Petanque• Minigolf• Aerobics and Stretching• Darts and rifle shooting• Bingo• Karaoke ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Apartments Club Siroco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Club Siroco Hotel Costa Teguise
- Apartments Hotel Siroco
- Apartments Hotel Costa Teguise
- Club Siroco Lanzarote
- Siroco Club
- Siroco Lanzarote
- Apartments Club Siroco Lanzarote/Costa Teguise