“Club Siroco & Costa Teguise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apartments Club Siroco

You added Apartments Club Siroco to your Saves list
Apartments Club Siroco
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   Avda Islas Canarias 7, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Scotland
“Club Siroco & Costa Teguise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am just home from two weeks self catering in the basic apartments at Club Siroco and I was very happy with my accomodation. I was on my own so a twin bedroom and a lounge area with hob and microwave (no oven but I wasn't expecting that). The kitchen was well stocked with plates/glasses etc everything you need for a couple of weeks. The bathroom was basic but adequate for what it is needed for. It is rated as 2 stars and I really wonder sometimes what people think they are going to get for that - from my point of view I have stayed in hotels all over the world and lots of self catering and consider the description of Siroco to be fair and honest. I can only imagine it is 2 stars due to lack of air conditioning etc - but I rarely use these facilities anyway. The apartments were cleaned every two days and the cleaners did a good job. I was in room 208 looking over the pool and bar area so it was good to watch the world go by. The area around the pool was spotless as was the reception area. I found no issues with my room or elsewhere in the apartments during my stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and happy to give you advise on where to go etc. I didn't eat in the hotel as when I wasn't cooking for myself I like to go out and about for a change of scenrey hence the reason I went self catering - but from other guests I was speaking to they were more than happy with their inclusive deals.

Luis the entertainer was about the pool most days with some games etc for anyone who wanted to join in - but these were low key and didn't interupput you if like me the days I spent at the pool I just wanted to read my book as most days I was out diving or walking. I did pop into a couple of the evening events and though not likely to win any awards they were fun and got people chatting etc. Again you were under no pressure to go/take part so it was entirely up to you. As it was outwith the school hols there was only a few kids at the pool and plenty of sunbeds don't know if this would be different at different time of year. The premier apartments are child free and have their own pool within a secured area - didn't get into this but again those staying here really liked it and the rooms were of a much higher standard - you get what you pay for!

Like others reviewers on here if I was looking to part I wouldn't recommend Costa Teguise to those looking to party it is a lovely town and exactly what I was looking for with nice walks, lots of resteraunts, peaceful with no hassle - but if you are looking for something livelier on the party scene then head towards Puerto Del Carmen or Playa Blanca, I visited both towns as well as Arrecife and liked them all but was more than happy with my choice to stay in Costa Teguise.

Siroco is about 15 minutes walk to the main centre of Costa Teguise, come out the hotel and trun right and within 250m you will come accross a couple of big supermarkets and various other shops and resteraunts - plenty of choice for everyone. If you like a steak I would recomment La Bohemia resteraunt (turn righ from the apartments and walk just under 10 mins and it is on the same side of the road). The biggest and best steak I have had in a while - for less than 12Euro.

There is a little mini market just at the entrance to the apartments - be warned it was quite pricey as I picked up bread here one day at more than double the cost as the bigger supermarkets so it is worth the extra 5 mins walk!

I spent a lot of my time diving with Diavoon Diving Centre when I was in Costa Teguise (who will pick you up at your hotel if need be). I can't recommend them enough if your looking to do some diving. I am a qualified diver and found them friendly, helpful and very accomodating as well as doing dives for qualified divers they also do courses and introduction dives - some great dive spots as well.

I also hired a car for a three days - 60 euro - hire companies all over the town so no shortage of choice but check what you are getting for your money as though some appear cheaper or same price they don't all include fully comprehensive insurance. My deal got me fully comprehensive with no excess and unlimited mileage - so again shop around and read the small print - as always the longer you take the car the cheaper the dailly rate becomes.

I visited Timanfaya national park and went for a walk just outside the park recommended at the visitors centre - really interesting but probably much harder in the heat of summer! You can take an organised tour here if you don't have a car.

The beaches of Playa Papagayo just outside Playa Blanca are lovely and part of a national park - you will need a car to get here as it is down an unsealed but driveable road with a 3euro entry fee - several untouched beaches that you can either sit an enjoy or walk between. No facilities here at all so take food/drink with you if going for any time and also there are a few nudist sun bathers if you are with anyone who will be uncomfortable with that.

Cuevo De Los Verdes and Jameos Del Aqua are both interesting stops as well - the first being huge volcanic caves that you go through as a tour the second been the end of a lava tunnel where you can see albino crabs (very rare) and beutifully developed with a cafe for a drink. They are within about 500m of each other. Nearby here as well is Jardin de Cactus that though I wouldn't necessary go out my way to see on it's own but if going to visit the other sites and you have time is worth a wee stop - hundreds of different types of cactus in a lovely presented gardens.

You can buy a multi entry ticket for these sites and add on a few others if you like at the entry to any of them so saves a few euro's as well.

The Lagomar musuem - bueatifully designed house built into the side of a hill that was once owned by Omar Sherrif was probably one of my favourite stops on my own tour of the island.

If you do decide to hire a car the driving around the island is easy and everything is well signposted - the few wee unintentional detours that I took resulted in visits to some lovely wee villages - lots of small villages to stop at for a cold drink or ice cream as you drive around.

Also look out for the various markets, Costa Teguise itself is a Wed and Fri evening, you can get the local bus from Costa Teguise to the town of Teguise on a Sunday for the market there which was the biggest one I went to. On Sunday afternoon there was a lovely market at marina Rubicon which is a lovely wee port itself.

It can be quite windy in Costa Teguise so even when the sun is out and the temp is high if the wind picks up you will be thankful if you have packed a fleece or warm cardigan particularly in the evenings if you want to sit comfortably in one of the many outside/sea view resteraunts.

I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday and will definetely head back to Costa Teguise at some point and would happily stay at Club Siroco again. Thanks for a good holiday.

Room Tip: Unless for mobility reasons I would go for a first or second floor room if you can - get views over...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Melksham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Club Siroco, over the last two years, in the premier rooms and it just keeps getting better. The premier rooms are now adult only with gated access this results in a very quiet and peaceful stay.
Food as always was plentiful and varied.
The only slight complaint we would have is that the staff are overworked running both the restaurant and bar single handed but other than that we have no complaints. This is a reasonably priced 2* hotel working towards 4* standards.
The hotel is only a 15 minute walk into the town with plenty of bars and restaurants.
Definitely going back again in the near future.

Room Tip: For the extra £100 if you are a couple then the premier rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here from the 24th of April 2013 for a week with my dad. It was a lovely stay and I can not fault the hotel or the staff. We stayed in the adults only part of the hotel and it was really peaceful and we returned home fully recharged. The staff were helpful and approachable and I was left a bottle of wine in the apartment to celebrate my 25th birthday it was a lovely surprise. The hotel was very clean and tidy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Pool view in the adult only part of the hotel had a beautiful view and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The apartments were clean.. There were some updating works going on around the far side of the complex, but we were only round there in the day as the pool was quieter.. Not heated! But once you were in it was nice. The food was good.. We were all inclusive, we stayed as part of a larger family group and there was something for everyone. There was only one dodgy eve of entertainment where the original artist didn't turn up, and a rather dodgy fella supposedly impersonating Michael Jackson came on.. He wasn't good and it was painful, but over all we really enjoyed our family holiday here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Well, where do i start! I have had a lovely week at hotel siroco and wish i had stayed 10 days and not a week! I had the original apartments not upgraded, on a top floor with a south facing balcony as requested. It was big, very clean, would have been amazing for self catering but i went all inc. Kitchen was fully equiped. Hot water, large balcony that had sun until 8/9pm. I was very happy with what i got.

Food was standard all inc. Fish meats salad etc all was hot-not like read in previous reviews. As standard spanish cant really do desserts so fruit and ice cream is to be expected but again, very nice.

Entertainment-LUIS!!!! I love you! Luis was amazing all week. What a hard worker and bright soul he is. Always smiling never complains and does it all on his own. Drag show he and a drag artist put on was side splittingly brilliant. Top marks to the man.

Drinks were fine, cold and plentyful. Only one staff in restaurant and bar shared. Not enough, only critisizm.

Note-ts hotel is very small. Not a big all inc where its a bit crazy and loud. If you are young (under 35) id reccommend only for chilled quiet holiday not for anything else. The land in teguise is flat therefore attracts older generation.

I am 27, was after quiet amd thats what i got.

Lovely small hotel. Great service. Luis made my holiday, thank u luis ;-)

• Stayed April 2013
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for a week arriving on Sunday the 21st of April 2013.We were met by Adam at reception who was very helpful spoke excellent English and assured us we had a very nice room 1122. Also Christina was very helpful during the day. The section we were in had a private gate and was adults only. The rooms were to a very good standard and the beds were very comfortable.Remote control iron safe etc deposit and small charge, could not find not any English channels on tv. Wife was very happy with the hair dryer in the bathroom and shower was good. Pool area was quiet and clean and had ample sun loungers.
We cannot comment on
the food as we ate out all the time but the bar service at only 1 bar in the main area was very poor not enough staff. Evening entertainment was only something due to Louis hard work and effort but again needs more staff. If you want a peaceful adult only break then this is perfect, but cannot comment on the other part as we did not stay there. Would return again.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the 1122 side of the block down stairs it is newly renovated and has front...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on mon to be giving our keys , went to our apartment omg , I hated it the minute I walked in , sooo basic and everything was old and very tired and dated , then I went through to room , no drawers , 4 cost hangers ( there were only 2 of us ) but slept 4 , big woollen blankets in bottom of wardrobe for beds omg dark green itchy things , I'm sure my granny had them , then I unpacked thought lets just make the best if it, hubby went to reception to get key for safe 15 euros and 20 euros deposit ( don't think I would steal it think airline would refuse me to take it on plane) came back wae key but relised it was broken , back to reception , maintenance man came while we went out walk to fix it drilled old one out while my clothes were in shelve below , dirtying 5 tops , awful , kick up hell at reception then eventually was told we had to get new safe next day I wasn't happy so paid 70 euros ( reduced rate) to upgrade to premier apartments well worth it its like night and day adults only , but if you want a drink at pool you have to go to bar neater reception which you had to look for someone to serve you, Adam on reception is fantastic , best member of staff , speaks good English always wants to help you, breakfast was lovely p,entry to choose from , but table covers are faded and need replacing badly , dinning room is awful needs upgraded , well as for entertainment it was absoulety crap , 3 nights out if 7 there was NONE , which I was unhappy about as I was looking forward to being entertained in hotel , 3 vending machines are all out off order for full wk , wifi is crap unless you sit near reception , massage chairs out if order, cats on your veranda so couldn't leave your door open or they walked in , cleaner worked very hard place is very clean and tidy , needs lights round pool , do not disturb signs for doors x

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Apartments Club Siroco? Share your experiences!