“Worth the money you pay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach

You added Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach to your Saves list
Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Jablillo 5 S/N, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain (Formerly Punta Jablillo)   |
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
London, England, United Kingdom
“Worth the money you pay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I, 19 and 20, came here for 11nights/12 days all inclusive and were prepared for a hell hole - we were pleasantly surprised once there. This hotel is in no way a 5*, if you are used to modernly furnished and luxury surroundings then you won't be satisfied. However, if you're looking for an affordable holiday with a comfortable hotel, this is perfect. It is situated right on the cliffs by the beach, which are a few minutes walk away, and 5 minutes from a wide variety of shops and restaurants. The location is brilliant although for a self-catering holiday may not have much variety in terms of food - lots of chinese buffets, tapas bars and pizza parlours.

On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with a typical spanish apartment complex. At reception we were told that we could not check into our room until 3 so had to wait around for the room to be cleaned. The rooms are much the same I think, they are large self-catering type apartments or studios, most or all with balconies, and have hobs, fridges and a lounge area. Our apartment was extremely large and was very clean, with housekeeping coming every other day. Kettles and toasters are for rental €10 a week so we just used to boil up water on the hob in a saucepan and it wasn't as easy but you got used to it, and as for the toaster we had all you could imagine for breakfast in the restaurant so wasn't needed. There are no amenities provided such as a cloth for the sink, or soap in the bathroom and there is no hairdryer in the apartment so make sure to bring your own.

The restaurant and eating was not my usual cup of tea but you adapt. Breakfast was the same everyday, spanish style bacon (very oily, thin and fatty), frankfurter sausages, boiled eggs etc and a toaster with unlimited bread. Lunch and dinner were much the same each day, with some salad, plain pasta, some sort of meat (either pork, veal or sometimes chicken) and fish and rice. One definite plus was the fresh stone baked pizzas made by a lovely chef. Desert was melon, flan or mousse. Sometimes the waitresses would bring you drinks to your table (often Jenni) but normally you'd have to get them yourself from the outside bar and bring them back in. The cups were small and plastic so didn't have much in them and often blew over outside, but once again you get used to it. By day 7 or 8, the food became a little repetitive and I found I couldn't really eat so may not go for as long as we did with All Inclusive.

Pool area was average, although very large there were not enough sunbeds to fill the space. DO NOT listen to anyone saying there is no fighting for sunbeds, each morning I had to be up at 8.30 to ensure a sunbed for the day and by 9 you stood no chance. It was slightly disruptive to my relaxing holiday but have had to do this most years. The pools are quite cold but had a lot of people in them.

All in all, nice holiday away with great memories and a deep brown tan!

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view upgrade are supposed to be much better quality, and as we had one of these and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
neath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Booked this as a last minute getaway to visit friends staying here.
the apartments are spread out between 2 pool areas & you can stay AI or self catering.
we booked a 1 bedroom on AI, but on checking in were given a 2 bedroom; 2 bathroom apartment; which during our stay other people were upgrading to. so really pleased.
staff at check-in excellent & during our stay.
the restaurant is located near the larger pool & you take all your food here.
the choice is quite good & quality good also.
the Italian chef is excellent, he goes out of his way to speak to guests & ask if all is ok.
the glasses for AI are very small, but most of the staff will give you 2 if you ask.
the AI finishes @ 10.pm which we found unusual, but not a problem.
the decor looks a little dated in places & not always cleaned , but this are a small simple complex.
overall enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: ground floor near the small pool
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I booked a last minute holiday with my partner and, like most others, we were pretty wary about the bad reviews on here. However, considering we paid such a little amount for an all inclusive holiday (in July!) we went with an open mind.

Positives - two pool areas, one minute walk to the beach, staff were friendly, helpful and hard working, plenty of food to choose from for lunch and dinner, wide selection of all inclusive drinks, the room was clean and tidy, VERY short transfer time from the airport which is ideal after a flight, wifi avaliable (3€ for 3 hours, although we never used it we thought that it was a good deal as the main computer cost 1€ for 10 mins, you could also get daily deals on the wifi but I forgot the price), and there was plenty to do and see around the hotel because of the great location.

Negatives - like others said, the bathrooms could do with a bit of a make over, the pools were sometimes cold (but fine if you braved it and jumped in - it was too hot to not go in!) and a bit more dessert selection would be ideal at lunch and dinner but..who doesn't like icecream?!

We spent around 10€ on bottled water when we were there (it MAY come in the all inclusive package as I know some hotels do offer this but we stupidly never asked!) and we ate out at a delicious restaurant one night and that was all the money we spent. I would recommend this hotel to people who are open minded and people who may just want to get away for a little while at a bargain price. I would also recommend the all inclusive package if you feel you're going to use it, otherwise there are plenty of places around that you can eat at, Chinese restaurants and Italians and Mexican ones too. A lot of couples (of all ages) were staying here but there was also families too. it was definitely ideal for the type of holiday we wanted and, after reading the other reviews, better than expected!!

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

As the title says, stick with me here! Even though my review is pretty long, it's 100% honest of my experience here and I hope it helps you make up your mind.

My partner and I are both 22 and were looking for our first holiday abroad together - so obviously it had to be cheap! We booked all inclusive through low cost holidays, who were helpful with questions we had about the hotel.

Before going, I checked out the reviews on here and was obviously pretty anxious with the negative reviews. Now I've been there, I don't believe them because our experience of the hotel was pretty good all round.

We went for ten nights from the 2nd of July until today actually (had to get my review straight up!). We arrived at the hotel around 1pm and was handed an envelope with times for dinner and some other information and given our all-inclusive wrist bands. The man behind the desk wasn't over friendly but got on with it, radio-ing through to see if our room was ready and told us it wouldn't be ready for another hour, but we could store our luggage in the back room and go to lunch if we liked. So we headed round the hotel which from first appearances looked pretty well kept - it has some nice trees and shrubbery around. We wandered on down to the restaurant which overlooks the pool and had some lunch (more on this later!) and drinks, which yes, are served in rather small plastic party cups or glasses if you're inside. My partner and I thought this was a good thing though - even though we enjoy a drink, we didn't want to get terribly drunk and seeing as you tend to drink throughout the day, I personally thought it was a good balance, otherwise I'd be drunk all the time!

We went back to reception and was given our key and said it would be about ten minutes more, so we went to find it. It was up a couple of small flights of stairs with no lifts, so if you're elderly or disabled, try and ensure you get a ground floor room. Anyway, we found our room and a lady finishing up the cleaning, who greeted us with a big 'Ola!' and smile, and we entered the room while she was mopping the floor before leaving us to it with another smile and a 'gracias!'. On the other occasion we were in the room when she came in, she was just as lovely.

The rooms are very basic - you have to expect that for what you're paying! There's a corner-type sofa, a coin operated TV (Not great, and I think it still runs on paseta's as it didn't seem to recognise the right euro coins) a small two burner hob, a small dining table with three chairs and basic cutlery and crockery. The bathroom was very nice with a marble sink area, a bidet and toilet. The bath really let it down as it was painted as people have said and the paint was peeling, and the shower curtain was a bit flimsy although clean. There were two large white towels and two smaller ones. We found that the beds were made, the towels changed, ash trays and bins emptied and floors mopped every other day, which was fine.

We were really lucky with our view too, as it overlooked both the pool and the sea. Walking through the hotel, I don't think I would have been so happy with other rooms as they don't have such good views, so in this respect we were very very lucky it seems.

The bedroom had two twin beds - after reading the reviews we were expecting this. This hotel does not have any double beds. However, we just moved the bedside table underneath the dresser and pushed them together. The pillows were absolutely rubbish - very flimsy, but the bed itself was just fine. There was plenty of cupboard space for us too.

You have to rent a kettle which was very very annoying, as boiling water on the hob takes FOR EVER and just doesn't taste the same. You also have to rent a key for the safe; however, top tip: my partner and I put all our valuables in our suitcase and locked it with the locks we'd brought anyway - that way we're the only ones with the key and if anyone got in to it you'd know as the lock would have to be broken.

Moving on to the pools - there are two, one to the right as you leave reception and the main one to the left towards the restaurant. They seem clean and I saw the handy-men testing the chlorine levels etc. It was bloody freezing though! As it was really hot when we went anyway, we weren't too worried as we cooled down and you got used to it pretty quickly - just whether you're brave enough!! In our 'welcome pack' (I guess you could call it), it said that sun loungers were not to be reserved with towels in the morning - Of course they were, as this happens everywhere and is never enforced. It's an absolute pet hate of mine though, but we always found a couple and never seemed to be short. They're free to use, but for added comfort you can rent a blue thing to go over it which I suppose would be worth it if you want to lounge about all day.

There's an outside bar here, with seating near and more seats down the bottom overlooking the sea. The restaurant is also here. Again, it's basic, but clean. Now, the food!

Breakfast - Breakfast really let it down with rubbishy thin bacon and strange german sausages (not to my taste I'm afraid) although there was some 'proper-ish' sausages, boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs (don't recommend those!), and beans. There were also cold meats, croissants and pastries. There was always white and brown bread that you toast yourself in a two-tier toaster that takes ages - However, I found it does quicker on the bottom one so use that one!! The bread did seem a bit stale sometimes. There was also a range of cereals and yoghurts.

Lunch & Dinner - Lunch and dinner was pretty much the same - There's a salad area with some nice coleslaw, fresh peppers, onions and olives. You had burgers, hot dogs (never liked the look of the burgers, but the hot dog was nice), garlic bread which was very very hard to bite into (stale again?) and was sometimes topped with either cheese or tomatoes. There was freshly made pizza every day which was alright. There was soup (never tried), pastas with sauce, chips (which were good), stews, veal, pork, chicken, fish, paella, ratatouille, canarian potatoes etc etc. There was some variety but it did get repetetive very quickly and although it all sounds very nice a lot of it didn't really taste of much - I found myself putting lots of salt on it for taste. There was one night when chef did a massive joint of pork - the crackling was bloody amazing but by the sounds of it you have to be pretty lucky to see something like this on the menu. Desserts were fruit, ice cream pots, mousses, jelly and caramel puddings, which were again, so so. After sampling this menu, I would really suggest half board or something - not all inclusive because there are just far too many nice restaurants and bars down the road by Chucharas beach.

The ladies who worked here were hard working and efficient - but absolutely bloody miserable! I remember being super surprised when I saw one of them smile. A couple of them seemed to cheer up towards the end part of our holiday which was refreshing! The cleaning ladies are very friendly, but again, the handy-men about the place never smile either, as with the receptionists, which really would make a ton of difference if they made a bit of effort to smile.

The location is fantastic. There's the 'main' beach down a coastal walk (or we found a shortcut!) and two smaller ones which are also really nice. There's loads to do around - A fish spa, scooters, two and four person pedal cart things, diving, you have to explore. We found a lot of people just led around the hotel all day - DON'T DO THIS! There's far too much to see and do, and I'll be reviewing the bars we went too as well if you want to take a look.

A previous reviewer mentioned it being noisy - There was only one night when a group of young kids (I assume anyway) seemed to be partying on their balcony, and maybe they should be more considerate. My partner and I found the pool area pretty quiet. Other reviewers have mentioned cockroaches - I only ever saw one, and this was outside in the gardens. I never saw a single bug in our room.

Well, if you've read this far, I salute you, and I hope I've helped you make up your mind! If I went to Costa Teguise again, I probably wouldn't stay here just for the fact that I wasn't overly impressed with the all inclusive, joined with the fact that there are too many places to eat and drink out, and I'd be worried that we wouldn't get such a good room. I think we were lucky, and it is a great base to explore this lovely island.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have just came back from a week here and well, what can I say?
It was definitely not what we expected!
This is NOT a 3 star hotel! Do not spend lots of money on a holiday here as it is very, very basic.
When we booked it was advertised as a 3 star all inclusive with great staff, entertainment and lovely rooms.
All not true!
The entertainment was the cockroaches and the pigeons and many of the staff were quite rude with a few exceptions who were willing to help us.
Rooms were not cleaned and sheets were not changed, we had to go to reception to ask for clean towels and toilet rolls.
The beds were as comfortable as a concrete slab, so much so, I had to put the sofa cushions on top to try and get a better sleep!
The tv was coin operated and no kettle was provided. We attempted to make a cup of tea using the frying pan and soup pot provided but unfortunately the hob did not work!
The food was very repetitive and got boring so we ended up eating out many times although the pizzas were nice but you can't live on them every day!
The coffee/tea machine does not work properly and you can sometimes get a lovely combination of both together!
Also the all inclusive finishes at 10 which we were not told about originally when we booked. We were told it was later.
The only thing that made the holiday bearable was the lovely guests that were staying here also, we all had a mutual understanding of how awful this place was!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

To be fair, this hotel is basic, the bathrooms could do with an update, however for the price we paid it was excellent value for money!

Don't expect 4 or 5 star luxury but if you want basic and cheap in a great location, this hotel is for you.

The rooms are spotless and staff are great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend from June 29th to July 6th on an all inclusive basis as we thought it would be the best idea.We have both been to many hotels with all inclusive and this place is without doubt the WORST ever!! On arrival we told the man on reception that we had paid for an upgraded room with pool and sea views to which he replied that there were none of these rooms available and that we would have to pay another 20 euros each per day if we had one of these rooms!!!
Not the best start , so off to our room 211 we went only to find that it was like a Club 18-30 holiday with noisy people everywhere...this we dont mind a bit during the daytime/ evening but when you get woken up at 4AM by these totally inconsiderate morons screaming and shouting and playing LOUD MUSIC all the way through till 6.30 ish, then its a different story.These idiots should have gone to Magalluf or Ibiza etc!! So we rang reception and they told them to keep quiet but they carried on making their noise..this happened twice in our first 3 nights..NOT HAPPY!!!
On to the food...it really was bloody awful..Undercooked meat on several occasions put us off...the Pizza which a lot of people have mentioned on here was very bland.All I ate was rice and colesaw and cucumber.The drinks were ok..cups way too small but there you go..On the upside we met some great people there and Ria behind the bar is the hotels only redeeming feature.
Overall we were hugely dissapointed with Blue Sea Costa Teguise Hotel and we recommend you DONT go all inclusive ....and we wont be going there again....Puerto Del Carmen is a far better resort than this place. Andrew & Julie..Cardiff...Age 48 & 40

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach? Share your experiences!