My boyfriend and I, 19 and 20, came here for 11nights/12 days all inclusive and were prepared for a hell hole - we were pleasantly surprised once there. This hotel is in no way a 5*, if you are used to modernly furnished and luxury surroundings then you won't be satisfied. However, if you're looking for an affordable holiday with a comfortable hotel, this is perfect. It is situated right on the cliffs by the beach, which are a few minutes walk away, and 5 minutes from a wide variety of shops and restaurants. The location is brilliant although for a self-catering holiday may not have much variety in terms of food - lots of chinese buffets, tapas bars and pizza parlours.
On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with a typical spanish apartment complex. At reception we were told that we could not check into our room until 3 so had to wait around for the room to be cleaned. The rooms are much the same I think, they are large self-catering type apartments or studios, most or all with balconies, and have hobs, fridges and a lounge area. Our apartment was extremely large and was very clean, with housekeeping coming every other day. Kettles and toasters are for rental €10 a week so we just used to boil up water on the hob in a saucepan and it wasn't as easy but you got used to it, and as for the toaster we had all you could imagine for breakfast in the restaurant so wasn't needed. There are no amenities provided such as a cloth for the sink, or soap in the bathroom and there is no hairdryer in the apartment so make sure to bring your own.
The restaurant and eating was not my usual cup of tea but you adapt. Breakfast was the same everyday, spanish style bacon (very oily, thin and fatty), frankfurter sausages, boiled eggs etc and a toaster with unlimited bread. Lunch and dinner were much the same each day, with some salad, plain pasta, some sort of meat (either pork, veal or sometimes chicken) and fish and rice. One definite plus was the fresh stone baked pizzas made by a lovely chef. Desert was melon, flan or mousse. Sometimes the waitresses would bring you drinks to your table (often Jenni) but normally you'd have to get them yourself from the outside bar and bring them back in. The cups were small and plastic so didn't have much in them and often blew over outside, but once again you get used to it. By day 7 or 8, the food became a little repetitive and I found I couldn't really eat so may not go for as long as we did with All Inclusive.
Pool area was average, although very large there were not enough sunbeds to fill the space. DO NOT listen to anyone saying there is no fighting for sunbeds, each morning I had to be up at 8.30 to ensure a sunbed for the day and by 9 you stood no chance. It was slightly disruptive to my relaxing holiday but have had to do this most years. The pools are quite cold but had a lot of people in them.
All in all, nice holiday away with great memories and a deep brown tan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach is located in a privileged area of Costa Teguise, on the seafront, just off the beach surrounded by gardens, parks and close to the best shopping and facilities area. Costa Teguise is one of the main tourist areas of the island. It is a beautiful city that offers numerous sporting activities with golf course located between the volcanoes and the sea. The destination is also well known for its great beaches and water park. All the apartments are equipped with bathroom, balcony / terrace, equipped kitchen, safe, satellite TV. To make your stay as pleasant as possible, Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach has an outdoor pool , sun terrace and pool bar. We also provide customers with the All Inclusive system , free bus service to the beaches and shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Venere, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Lanzarote