“No way was it a 3* resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach

You added Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach to your Saves list
Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Jablillo 5 S/N, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain (Formerly Punta Jablillo)   |
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Leeds, United Kingdom
“No way was it a 3* resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my partner on an all-inclusive basis. I have just moved out of a student house and so am not as picky about the cleaning as other people may be (although the hotel was not very clean, I just didn't mind as much as some of the other guests). This was both myself and my partners first holiday alone together and so we opted for the all-inclusive option to save money and for convenience. The food wasn't awful but at the same time it wasn't great and that's coming from a student who has lived on microwave food for the past 3 years. The pizzas were the only exception, they were fresh and could be made to order, but the thought of eating pizza for a week was a bit sickening. It was difficult to make a full meal with the food that was provided in the buffet, they would make rice (which was usually under cooked) with nothing to go with it, or they would make a chicken dish which was suppose to accompany rice but they would make no rice.

I would definitely recommend avoiding the all-inclusive packages as there is an abundance of restaurants close to the hotel which are cheap and serve good food. There is no shortage of all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets which were on average 4 euro 50 per person as well as Mexican food, Spanish tapas, Hungarian food, Italian and plenty of British and Irish food served in the numerous pubs.

The hotel staff were not very friendly apart from the cleaning staff who were lovely and the chef who prepared the home made pizzas as he was very friendly and always made an effort to say hello. The rooms were very basic, all of the doors were stiff and we had to give them a good push to get them closed and opened, the balcony doors were the worst. Thankfully we didn't have a problem with the cockroaches but we did have trouble with pigeons as there were a lot of them and they are very tame, when I was sat in the sun on the balcony one flew right into my face! Other reviewers have also mentioned the amount of handymen but the little amount of repairs going on, and the pools are either rarely cleaned or not cleaned very thoroughly.

The beds were an issue as well, we had asked for a double bed and later found out that this was never an option as they do not provide double beds. We wouldn't have minded if we were told this from the beginning. The furniture is very dated, the bathroom constantly smells and gets very hot. We could hear everything from the apartment above clear enough that we could make out what they were saying. The pools aren't heated and I read in the reviews before we went that they were very cold and thought that people were exaggerating, I now know they weren't. The pools are very very cold, it isn't so bad once you get in and get used to it but the majority of the time the pool was empty as no one was brave enough to get in, even kids were avoiding the pool.

We did enjoy our holiday as we spent very little time in the apartment and we were expecting a very basic room for the price we paid. The all-inclusive package was the biggest disappointment as the food was very hit and miss and was not the standard you would expect from a supposedly 3* hotel. The drinks provided with the all-inclusive package were very disappointing. The choice of drinks available was fine, just the usual of local beer, Pepsi, vodka and numerous liqueurs. However, they were all served in glasses that were not much bigger than a shot glass. Some of the other guests complained about this and were simply told that they could have two 'shot glasses' of drink at the same time which would probably have made up a half pint.

All in all we did enjoy the holiday as Costa Teguise was lovely and perfect for a first holiday, but the hotels rooms, services, food and cleanliness was very basic and would probably be very disappointing to anyone who paid a substantial amount for their holiday, luckily we were able to get a last minute deal at a very affordable price.

Room Tip: Don't go for the all-inclusive, try self-catered, half-board or bed and breakfast as the evening...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Billingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Me and my partner recently got back from here (14/06/2012-21/06/2012) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. As many other people are saying you get what you pay for, we paid very little for what we got in return. Location is superb couldn't get much better beaches close by, shops and pubs 5 minute walk the resort overall is brilliant so much to do. Apartments are great although dated could do with a refurbishment, but shower was ok got colder over time, beds where adequate bit to hard for myself. I feel maybe the room could have had more in such as actual lights and not just lamps. Staff at the hotel are brilliant all helpful and will help you in anything if its possible, always cheery. Food there was brilliant but got a little repetitive if you love italian food this place has it everyday, overall I felt the food was lovely but could of done with better deserts. Overall I loved my holiday and loved the location, food, resort and weather, only downside was the rooms were dated. I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms far way from La vida bar would be better gets a bit noisy on Karaoke night.
Colne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I have just got back this morning from the Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach, we were pleasantly surprised, the hotel is a little basic, but well worth what we paid. The staff are really friendly, beer good, food ok during the day, but we chose to eat out at night. The restaurants close to the hotel are ok (pizza place opposite, up some some steps is really good and cheap) but the square is the best with live music, restaurants and cheap beers everywhere. The hotel has a fantastic outlook with stunning sea views and really good walking paths, all in all really good short break.

liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I have just arrived home 3 days earlier than we should have. Why? Because we didn't get one of these mystical clean rooms other reviewers have mentioned, in fact the whole stay was a miserable experience. Before booking I looked this supposed 3* hotel up on here and got the message that it was basic but clean and in a quieter part of the town, that all sounded fine so I booked our trip for a week in an apartment with a terrace, all inclusive.

When we arrived it was 22.00 we were told that the food had finished for he day and if we wanted a drink at the bar we would have to pay as the all inclusive finished at 22.00. We decided to dump our bags in the room and head out for something to eat. When we got to the supposed 'apartment' we found a room that had a hob, sink and fridge in a wardrobe and a tiny balcony that had a view of the satellite dish. An added bonus was the door that joined to the room next door where someone was sleeping and snoring very loudly which we could hear!

We went to the reception and asked to move. The staff moved us to the type of apartment we had paid for and it was a big improvement. That, however, doesn't mean much!! The electricity in the living room and terrace didn't work and the lights in the bedroom worked sporadically. The whole flat smelt terrible, especially the bathroom which didnt have any soap or toiletries in it at all, something i wouldve understood if we'd gone self catering but as we were all inclusive i though we wouldve at least had some soap! The bathroom was the worst thing about the flat. Once again, if it had been clean it wouldn't have been a problem but it wasn't, hence the need for soap! There were hairs on the floor, stains around the sink and the worst.....cockroaches!!! Every evening my husband had to go into the bathroom and clear them out, we ended up putting one of our hand towels against our bedroom door to stop them coming in at night. The towels were rags and we didn't get them changed whilst we were there just as we didn't get the room cleaned. the waste pipe from upstairs came through our bathroom so every time they flush the noise resonated through our flat. In fact, the walls in the entire flat seemed to be made out of paper, we heard the older couple next door talking clearly every night before they went to bed! Thankfully they weren't a couple on their honeymoon!!

The food was ok! The breakfast was the best bit of our stay, it was plentiful and varied. Lunch and tea were not great tho. There was a small selection, mainly chips and some kind of deep fried fish or chicken. I ate pizza and salad everyday for lunch and tea! The pizzas were made fresh and were delicious but after 2 days of eating them repeatedly the novelty wore off. I had chicken drumsticks one night but the middle wasnt cooked all the way through so i quickly turned back to the pizza! I have to say that the bar and kitchen staff were really lovely and attentive and I wondered if they were the reason this place has been marked so highly. Another noise disturbance was the two bars next door which were open until 4am! The live singing/music kept us up every night though we didn't sleep that well on the beds anyway due to the fact they seemed to be made from concrete!! Also even though you are given the option of a double bed when you book, you should know that there are no double beds in any of the rooms on site.

The grounds of the hotel are just as run down as the room. We saw plenty of handymen but nothing being done! One afternoon whilst we were relaxing by the pool one of the handymen started chiseling a hole in the pool shower sending bits of plaster everywhere! Then he went through the pipe sending water spraying all over the place, turned the water off and left the pole! No doubt it'll eventually be filled rather than fixed just like everything else on site! In our rooms the bedroom door had been filled, broken tiles had been filled and bits of concrete of the walkways! It seems that the motto is, if it's broke, don't fix it, just throw some filler on it!! The pool was dirty every day, I understand that it's windy but the amount of rubbish in the pool (that was also subject to the filler treatment as it wasn't tiled!) is crazy! We pointed it out to one of the handymen who cleaned it out on one side which seemed to be something to appease us rather than doing a proper job!

Just when we thought we were overreacting to the state of the place we ended up talking to a few other people around the pool. The conversation started after a lady, who had come away with her 20 year old daughter, was pulling rubbish out of the pool shouted "the pools rank, just like the room!" this triggered everyone else around the pool launching into a rant about what was wrong with their rooms! There were a lot of other frustrated customers! The main complaint being how dirty the rooms all were!

We thought 3* (though on the front door of the hotel it says 2*!) would mean less facilities, not lower levels of cleanliness. If you want to use a tv you have to put money in the side of it and there is no aircon, if you want a fan you have to hire it, just like the kettle and iron! I would never have dreamt of coming home early from a holiday, especially our first one together for 2 years but we found ourselves dreading going back to the room at night and were counting down until we would be back home. The only positives I can say is that it's right next to the beach and the walk from the bar along the front is beautiful, the bar and restaurant staff are friendly and there is a really cute cat!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room to try and avoid cockroaches!! Rooms closer to the beach are further a...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I are visiting blue sea costa teguise beach in september and I just was wondering is there cash mashines nearby and are they always available? Its jus because wen I was in spain last year all the ATM's stopped working at 11pm and charged a fortune. If anyone knows about the ATM's there please could you respond :)
Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband have just got back from staying here for a week all inclusive. The rooms are very basic and could do with a bit of modernising / new furniture but they were clean which is the main thing. Going all inclusive we weren't expecting an apartment with a fridge.
The location is perfect. Walk out on to the beach front and can go for lovely walks along the front. Only 5 mins walk away from the square. Lots of lovely bars and restaurants within walking distance.
All Inclusive - the first 3 days the food was exactly the same which got a bit boring but on our 4th day they seemed to of changed the chef and the food was much better and more choice. Always something to find even for a fussy eater like me! The drinks were served in tiny cups which was fine during the day but at night would of preferred a bigger glass! There were plenty of drinks to choose from too.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and would go back here if we were wanting a cheap, 3* holiday!

• Stayed June 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've just returned from a week away in sunny Lanzarote with my partner. We took a gamble by choosing this place to stay but our gamble paid off! We were delighted with our self catering apartment, it was clean, spacious and had a great view of the pool and a little bit of the ocean. Rooms serviced every second day which is fine, most of the staff are helpful. The location is really excellent - 3 minutes walk from a beautfiul little beach with snorkelling, loungers and swimming. Just a few moments walk to the great bars and restaurants on offer in Costa Teguise. And a tennis court for hire too!

There was some loud music at night but we honestly slept through this each night so it did not impact on our stay. The only thing was with the sometimes strong winds our window sometimes blew open during the day but if you gave it a "good bang" it would shut then.

So all in all a great option for a cheap, relaxing break. Clean, cheap and excellent location!

Room Tip: -Rooms closer to sea side probably quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach? Share your experiences!