I stayed at this hotel with my partner on an all-inclusive basis. I have just moved out of a student house and so am not as picky about the cleaning as other people may be (although the hotel was not very clean, I just didn't mind as much as some of the other guests). This was both myself and my partners first holiday alone together and so we opted for the all-inclusive option to save money and for convenience. The food wasn't awful but at the same time it wasn't great and that's coming from a student who has lived on microwave food for the past 3 years. The pizzas were the only exception, they were fresh and could be made to order, but the thought of eating pizza for a week was a bit sickening. It was difficult to make a full meal with the food that was provided in the buffet, they would make rice (which was usually under cooked) with nothing to go with it, or they would make a chicken dish which was suppose to accompany rice but they would make no rice.
I would definitely recommend avoiding the all-inclusive packages as there is an abundance of restaurants close to the hotel which are cheap and serve good food. There is no shortage of all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets which were on average 4 euro 50 per person as well as Mexican food, Spanish tapas, Hungarian food, Italian and plenty of British and Irish food served in the numerous pubs.
The hotel staff were not very friendly apart from the cleaning staff who were lovely and the chef who prepared the home made pizzas as he was very friendly and always made an effort to say hello. The rooms were very basic, all of the doors were stiff and we had to give them a good push to get them closed and opened, the balcony doors were the worst. Thankfully we didn't have a problem with the cockroaches but we did have trouble with pigeons as there were a lot of them and they are very tame, when I was sat in the sun on the balcony one flew right into my face! Other reviewers have also mentioned the amount of handymen but the little amount of repairs going on, and the pools are either rarely cleaned or not cleaned very thoroughly.
The beds were an issue as well, we had asked for a double bed and later found out that this was never an option as they do not provide double beds. We wouldn't have minded if we were told this from the beginning. The furniture is very dated, the bathroom constantly smells and gets very hot. We could hear everything from the apartment above clear enough that we could make out what they were saying. The pools aren't heated and I read in the reviews before we went that they were very cold and thought that people were exaggerating, I now know they weren't. The pools are very very cold, it isn't so bad once you get in and get used to it but the majority of the time the pool was empty as no one was brave enough to get in, even kids were avoiding the pool.
We did enjoy our holiday as we spent very little time in the apartment and we were expecting a very basic room for the price we paid. The all-inclusive package was the biggest disappointment as the food was very hit and miss and was not the standard you would expect from a supposedly 3* hotel. The drinks provided with the all-inclusive package were very disappointing. The choice of drinks available was fine, just the usual of local beer, Pepsi, vodka and numerous liqueurs. However, they were all served in glasses that were not much bigger than a shot glass. Some of the other guests complained about this and were simply told that they could have two 'shot glasses' of drink at the same time which would probably have made up a half pint.
All in all we did enjoy the holiday as Costa Teguise was lovely and perfect for a first holiday, but the hotels rooms, services, food and cleanliness was very basic and would probably be very disappointing to anyone who paid a substantial amount for their holiday, luckily we were able to get a last minute deal at a very affordable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach is located in a privileged area of Costa Teguise, on the seafront, just off the beach surrounded by gardens, parks and close to the best shopping and facilities area. Costa Teguise is one of the main tourist areas of the island. It is a beautiful city that offers numerous sporting activities with golf course located between the volcanoes and the sea. The destination is also well known for its great beaches and water park. All the apartments are equipped with bathroom, balcony / terrace, equipped kitchen, safe, satellite TV. To make your stay as pleasant as possible, Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach has an outdoor pool , sun terrace and pool bar. We also provide customers with the All Inclusive system , free bus service to the beaches and shopping centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Blue Sea Costa Teguise Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Costa Teguise
- Punta Jablillo Hotel Costa Teguise
- Blue Sea Apartamentos Costa Teguise Beach Lanzarote