“A good all round family hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Zocos Club Resort

Save Saved
You added Los Zocos Club Resort to your Saves list
Los Zocos Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Islas Canarias 15, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #17 of 41 hotels in Costa Teguise
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A good all round family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Well presented. Very clean with good facilities. bar staff very cheerful just ask for Alberto.
Animation team made the holiday. Vinny,Casper,jero.
Good variety of food at meal times
Ship restaurant nicer to sit in the evening.(jimmy)

• Stayed July 2013

2,111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Polish first
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

hi me and my boyfriend have just returned from a week stay self catering at the Los Zocos Club Resort. I am only 17 and my boyfriend is 18. This was our first holiday together, we were not looking forward to visiting this hotel on our first holiday after reading reviews on here. people were posting about dirty bedding and unclean rooms. i can now say that those people must be expecting a 6* resort. i have visited at 5* resort before and i can tell you that this hotel is not much different. we arrived at the hotel and the reception staff were very friendly and happy to help. we paid for a safety deposit box which was 18 euros plus 10 euro refundable deposit we were given the keys for our room and a map of the hotel grounds so we could find our room easily. our room was lovely it was on the third floor and was a corner room so we had a large balcony. when we arrived at the room we were worrying about what we were going to discover in the room. our room was lovely we had a huge kingsize bed with spotless bedding, the floors were clean and brushed and the bathroom was very clean. the fridge in our room had been cleaned out and everywhere was spotless. the maids came into our room everyday, they changed the bedding brushed the floors changed the bins and provided fresh clean towels. at around 9:30 in the morning you would have people waiting around the pool area queing for the blue sunlougers. me and my boyfriend didn't que for sunloungers. every day we had the white sunloungers and there was nothing wrong with them. the pool was a little chilly at first but once you were in it was very refreshing and cooled you down. me and my boyfriend only sunbathed royund the quite pool because it was closer to our room but be walked past the main pool it seemed very fun, the animation team were getting people involved in games and there was music playing throughout the whole day. the quite pool sounds boring but infact it was lovely watching people playing in the pool and was very relaxing. during the nightime we ate meals out. we would walk to the beach and then along the beach to the main part of costa tequise were all the nice resurants, bars and shops were only about 10 minute walk very nice and relaxing. overall our stay was perfect and we would recommend this hotel to any young couples and familes. dont listen to the bad reviews people are just to picky and expect a 3 star hotel to be like a 6 star i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone we had an amazing time !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: our pool was situated by the quite pool on 3rd floor with corner balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
baileyjosh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I will give an honest review of this complex , as i have in previous reviews that i have done. We have just arrived back on Friday 13th July 20013. We were a party of eight consisting of six adults and two children aged 10 and 7. Firstly i will say I read a lot of reviews of this Hotel before going and was slightly wary.......but no need to worry. Firstly bad reviews complained about cold swimming pools....I can assure you they were no colder than other Hotels/resorts we have been to and to be quite honest refreshing in the temperatures we were getting, eighty degrees plus at times. Now for the sunbed issue, all previous reviews are correct on this if you are desperate enough to get the infamous" blue beds" at the main bar pool, be prepared to stand outside at the bar pool and basically fight for them when they are unlocked......we did not get in to this brawl......my tip is go for your breakfast relax (you are on holiday) then go round to the smaller pool at the kids club where when we were there found there were plenty of sunbeds although all the "blue ones" were at most times taken. To us the issue of blue or white sunbeds was not an issue it just gave us a laugh in the morning watching these idiots miss the best part of their breakfast, we just bought airbeds that would be used in the pool anyway and made the white beds very comfortable.

Ok so much for the crazy sunbed situation .....now for the food , reviews complaining about cold food ??? all I can say they must have been at a different Hotel, I will be honest i am a very fussy eater and did not go hungry at any part of the day , always plenty of choice and selection. A word of warning though if you go to the pool bar for a snack (which again are ample) DO NOT!!! attempt to take them outside of the pool bar , food must be eaten inside, I can understand this as having plates glass etc around the pool area is a safety issue.

Now for the staff......what can I say hard working lovely people......(most spoke better English than me) nothing is any problem for them.

Cleanliness , apartments were clean and of a really large size, we saw no sign of ants, cockroaches Etc pool staff worked from early morning, ground staff all day, and any mess Eg plastic cups Etc was down to lazy people not putting their own rubbish in a bin which er plentiful.

Bathroom , Great size shower but no bath , that is not a complaint just a warning if anyone is expecting a bath.

Now for the downside, I would have given this complex five and the only reason i dropped it to four is , the entertainment on our visit was absolutely dire we were there for eleven days and we did not see one act that we could call entertainment and in fact the acts that came on actually drove us to go to a pub or in fact some nights go to bed early.

Well that is my truly honest opinion........would I go Back? yes .........all in all a great holiday and as already stated big letdown was the entertainment.

Room Tip: We were in room 2/116 and it overlooked the pool , plenty of sun in the afternoon.
Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Los Zocos is in a great location for the beach and shops and bars. The rooms are clean and spacious. We have just had a great holiday there with our friends but the reviews about the cold pools, food and drinks are true. Having said that the children went in the pools in the afternoons, but lovely beaches are nearby. The drinks are ok but you have to queue. The food was quite nice the first week but was not as good the second week, the quality of the meet was not as good but the salads and fresh bread were nice. My daughter was sick the second week for a day but the reception staff were extemely helpful and even contacted us the next day to check how she was and even offered to send for a doctor, but she was fine. We had a problem with the safe and it was repaired immediately and the maid was lovely. We had a lovely pool view. There is day entertainment by the pools and the evening entertainment was good some nights. Overall a great holiday and it is worth being all inclusive.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have just recently returned (July) from a 7 day all inclusive. It was my first visit to this resort and my first time experiencing all inclusive and I would definitely return. The apartment was clean and spacious, the pools were lovely. The food was great, good choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The two restaurants serve almost the same food at dinner time but each has a different atmosphere. Cocktails in Le Boulevard (the restaurant in the tent) are by far nicer than the ones in the bar and there is no cue for drinks. The location was good a short walk to the beach, a supermarket outside and also across the road. The only complaint I have is the aggressiveness of those waiting for the blue sun loungers in the morning (complete intimidation) these people made me feel quite uncomfortable and the hotel should sort this out, possibly by replacing all sunbeds with blue ones.

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

12/07/13 just got back after a fortnight a.i. As a 3 star a.i. this resort is about perfect, particularly if you have kids up to say 14. It's hard to cater for kids older than 14 as they are treated like younger ones no matter what their size. Saying that, our criticisms were as follows. Sunbeds: two types, the blue type is the comfortable one which everyone wants. They are chained up until about 9 a.m. and queues start about 7:30/8:00. This is contrary to the rule 3 of the hotel but upon complaining, just got a "what can we do about it?" shrug. Food: great for a 3 star a.i. but does become so-so after a short while. A.I.: they try to only serve one drink per customer (n.b. only works for kids...adults quickly complain and easily get two drinks at a time...one bloke made a racket and always came away with four drinks at a time) and those drinks are 1/2 pints. This just results in queues everywhere where drinks are served. Ironically the same drinks are self service at dinner and it works perfectly! However, the hotel seems addicted to creating queues. Whether this is to save money or not, I simply don't know. It is definitely understaffed and the queueing doesn't help the staff at all. Saying that, all staff members work like dogs, there's just not enough of them. Cleanliness: the hotel does have a cockroach problem. I quite often saw them in the dining room...fortunately my daughters did not! Rooms: nice and spacious with kettle, fridge etc. Had to pay for safe and t.v. which I strongly disagree with. Some beds very uncomfortable, others were absolutely fine. Kids: great providing they are under 14 say...harder for those that are 14 to 18 as still treated as "juniors". Location: not bad but slightly off centre. Value: for the amount paid value for money was brilliant. Would we go again? Nope. I'd rather pay a bit more per head and get a better standard.

Room Tip: No lifts at all: go for ground floor.
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Family of two kids aged 4 and aged 7 and two adults just returned from Los Zocos this week.
Enjoyed our stay, apartments are clean and spacious, but I would recommend to ask for apartments away from the noisy pool.
There is a shortage of sunbeds and a large shortage of blue sunbeds, so much so people are queueing in the morning for the small supply of blue sunbeds and if four people take 5 or 6 sunbeds, they are all gone at that pool.
The hotels Kids clubs is very good, but you may have to queue or pre register to ensure your childs place and the hotels kids club is for under 2 hours. We were turned away once and we did see kids crying because they couldnt get in also.
Overall it was a very nice place to stay. We went self catering, so didnt eat at the complex at all.
At night it was quiet bar the Saturday night, but 6 out of 7 nights isnt bad.

Room Tip: Families that need peace should stay away from the noisy pool (pool where the music is).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Los Zocos Club Resort? Share your experiences!