“needs bringing up to date” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Apartamentos El Trebol

You added Apartamentos El Trebol to your Saves list
Apartamentos El Trebol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Las Palmeras 10, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Leeds, United Kingdom
“needs bringing up to date”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The food ok just, too much food recycled for the following day (s), especially for the poolbar although breakfast was good , I agree with the comment “ watch out for the chavs running around” screaming kids all day and night and parents letting them run riot . in the dining room food everywhere (not the fault of the staff but British parents with no manners) Swimming pool was freezing sunbeds are hard to come by and only in a flat position, then placed by people so no access around the pool easily. The reps work very hard obviously on a limited budget. We won’t be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned after a week at El Trebol with my hubby and 7 year old twins. I was a bit worried after some of the reviews i'd read on here but have to say, what a fantastic hotel this is!!! We had room 152, which was clean and spacious and from approx 3pm we had the sun on our balcony for a few hours which was great as the kids liked to relax in front of the tv whilst we enjoyed the sun on the balcony.The maids came in 5 out of 7 days which was great. I must admit, I was quite nervous about thieving staff due to some reviews on here and so we hired the safe as soon as we arrived. However, we had no problems like that, in fact the safe is a card which you input your own 6 digit code so it would be fairly obvious if it were the staff that were thieving! Anyway, all inclusive is fantastic, a HUGE choice of beverages including alcohol throughout the day, friendly staff, the choice of food in the restaurant (breakfast 7.30am till 10am, lunch 1pm till 3pm and dinner 6pm till 9pm) was brilliant, always a good choice, chicken, fish, salad, ham and cheese, pasta. We never ate in the snack bar during the day and have to say, it did look like yesterdays lunch reheated. The restaurant did get busy at certain times but we always ate early because of the children and sometimes there were queues later on, but we didn't experience that. I think overall, the restaurant was run really well, so some of the comments on here were not justified. You have to get your own food, its a buffet, so if your expecting 5* service, book a 5* hotel!!! Of course, you get the ignorant people who walk straight to the front when you've been waiting patiently but that's not the hotel's fault!!! The entertainment staff are very good but we only experienced this on our last night (Sat). This is probably one of the two downsides to this hotel. The first being the pools, they are SO COLD!! The kids were fine for the first 3 days then after that they were reluctant to get in because they knew they were going to be freezing!!! They are not heated at all! Also, every night of our stay, the bar was full to capacity so no seats at all. Due to this, we went out every night, down to the front of Costa Teguise where there are shops and bars and we also spent alot of time in a bar just round the corner to El Trebol called Cactus Jacks that does buy 1 get 1 free on all local wine, spirits and beers till 9.30pm. The only night we actually got a seat in the bar was Saturday,our last night, which was probably change over day. Shame, because the entertainment guys were very good, had everyone up and joining in. Overall, the hotel was great, good location, lovely food, friendly staff and good service and food. The only thing that would stop me going back was the cold pool and lack of room in the entertainment bar. Sad to be home now though, sitting in my long sleeve pyjamas and socks when I should be on the balcony with my free vodka, lime and lemonade in shorts and t-shirt!

Room Tip: We had sun on our balcony from approx 3pm every day, room 152, not every room does.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Returned home after staying from 11-18 April. Firstly, after booking through AlphaRooms.com I must point out that we paid less than a mere £100 each for all inclusive IN PEAK SEASON over the Easter hols -the same holiday compared with guests who used a travel company was obviously much more pricey. I travelled with my hubby and our two kids (10 & 2). A 10/15 min and 23 euro taxi ride was ideal and costa teguise is a lovely little resort. On arrival the receptionist noticed our little one and changed our room to a ground floor apartment using his own initiative which we thought was very considerate as this would probably have a knock on effect on allocating the other rooms out. The room itself was spotless, spacious and well equipped, obviously they are a little dated from the era of the self catering days but so what? Who spends there holiday in a hotel room anyway? In fact the little kitchen was handy for chilling water and chocolate in the fridge etc. The pool area was great for the kids, my two live for the water; and the islands, varying pool depths (which enabled my eldest to perfect her diving technique) and little slides/waterfalls were spot on. We never struggled for a sunbed either. The food was fine for me, I love the Mediterranean diet so lots of fruit, salads, fish of the day, chicken, paella etc was right up my street! My hubby and our friend a little more fussy however they always found something to fill them and the kids were happy with the usual pizza/chips/pasta/rice. Brekkie was great PROPER sausage haha! and freshly made pancakes for the kids, but I recommend getting in there early as our last day we saw quite a queue as the Easter hols went into full force. It was handy that there was a microwave in the dining room and snack bar as I do like my food piping and unfortunately this wasn't always the case with some of the dishes at mealtimes, however I must keep stipulating that for less than £100 each per week, I could not match at home my rent, council tax, utilities, entertainment never mind endless food and drink!!! One thing I would of liked though is to have my evening meal drink of wine in a proper wine glass rather than a plastic cup (small things)! However the wine itself was lovely enough as were the other alcoholic beverages we managed to sample (there were a few)!! The staff were hardworking and lovely, one smiling blonde haired girl in the bar at night was particularly pleasant along with another longer haired chap who wore glasses and served in the pool bar during the day. Seeing the restaurant manager so hands on each day was refreshing too. The hotel is predominantly used by the Brits, we met some fab People/families which deffo contributed to our great experience, therefore I urge fellow holidayers to smile and chat to one another :-) The English animation team Gemma,Alex and Ben were fabulous. They worked relentlessly for the kids and then the adults, and even noticed when we had spent a night eating and staying out of the hotel for our friends last night (although I had been dragged up on stage the night before to 'twerk' so was probably a little quicker than some in being remembered haha)! Shows were enjoyable and what a bonus all inclusive didn't finish until 12am!! Overall we had an amazing stay at el trebol, but then again as a family we believe that it is what you make it and we were just happy to spend quality family time in the gorgeous sun, so if this is your way of thinking then you will appreciate this hotel that is full of hardworking staff in a lovely little resort. If however you are expecting the Ritz then book somewhere else( and pay the price that comes with this)! My friend and her son are off to the el trebol on Thursday (on my recommendation), and based on what I've told her and the price she's paid they literally can't wait and are so excited.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

the food quite good, although the snack bar seemed to comprise of leftover food from the previous mealtimes. Nowhere to sit and have a quiet beer. drunk the lager on offer for 3 days (out of plastic beakers). It gave me terrible wind and the mrs. Said she would leave me if I continued passing wind so I reverted to vodka and orange juice, overall a good holiday, watch out for the chavs running around though.

Hailsham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Firstly the entertainment team are brilliant (especially Ben!!) make sure you get involved as they put in 110% effort and make sure you joint them in Cactus Jacks at the end of an evening. Food is good, can be a bit manic in the restaurant at times. Weather really good, not windy at all, swimming pool was freezing but a good cure for a sore head. Bad points, Room basic but ok, lots of stairs and theres no help with your luggage and finding your room takes a while as theres no help with that either. Not a quite place for couples as there are lots of screaming kids day and night. The worst thing we found are the SUNBEDS! They have to be the most uncomfortable ones on the planet. They have no cushions, dont recline and most people have to buy lilos for them. We bought some roll mats from the souvenir shops outside witch helped. Also umbrellas are far and few so no shade. Overall we had a great holiday, location is good but would'nt stay here again due to the sun beds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We came here on the 31st march for 7 nights, all inclusive and as friends and family holiday which there were 10 of us aged from 2 years old 27 years old. The hotel is great value for money and was fab for us... We all had a fab holiday. The cleaners came 5 days over 7 to clean the rooms and make the bed they were no trouble they were only in 5 mins. The food was the only downfall really but you do get what you pay for as it is only a 3 star. Breakfast is the standard full english including fresh fruit and baguettes, dinner and tea food has slightly different choice each day thers always rice, pizza, chips, fresh fruit and bread if you dont like the meat they put on. But the resturants down the road on the beach front are really nice. The people are friendly everywhere in the hotel the staff cant do enough for you also the thomas cook reps which are the entertainers from day to night work hard. The main hall were they have entertainment at night in the hotel is quite small and quite hard to find a table especially when u have a holiday group as big as ours so we tended to a pub around the corner from the hotel called cactus jacks which has great entertainment like karaoke, pub quizs, drag show, football was on a big screen for all the football fans...It is a great english bar the staff are really friendly to. We went in here neally everynight, they have cheep drinks and offeres on happy hour.
We did a few different things in lanzarote like interacting with the sealions at Rancho Texas also Seeing al the animals, they also have aTexas night do aswell which is great for the kids and adults which is all about line dancing, American food and the bronco bull. The whole night was entertaining and great fun.
We went on a glass bottom boat which took us to the bottom on the island to do a number of water sports, banana boat, snorkeling, canoeing, we had unlimited drinks throughout the 3 hours we was on the boat and had our free dinner on there to.
We had great weather to it was about 25 degrees to 35 degrees throughout the week!
We all had a great time in lanzarote, and will visit again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had a lovely holiday at the el trebol , plenty of choice for food ,great location beach 10 minute stroll away and they are stunning . Rooms are basic but clean with a decent size balcony and everything you need . Pools decent size but are freezing takes a while to get used to it . The night time entertainment is good but the only downside is not being able to get a seat as its too small of a room for size of hotel . We went to the square couple of nights lovely and relaxed with great atmosphere and on friday evenings have a local craft market . We also ventured into puerto del carmen to texas rancho had an excellent day out ,caught the bus from down the road just under 3 euros ,with great directions and instructions from the nice reception staff . All in all a lovely stay would definitely return :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Apartamentos El Trebol? Share your experiences!