“Fantastic Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of H10 Lanzarote Gardens

You added H10 Lanzarote Gardens to your Saves list
H10 Lanzarote Gardens
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Islas Canarias 13, E-35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our first holiday to Lanzarote and what an excellent holiday we had, before all the positives about this hotel we did have a couple of negatives,
we were all inclusive, the food was ok very often cold or luke warm but there was a microwave to heat up meals, breakfast on our first two days had what looked like English sausages then by the third day the sausages were either hot dogs or yellow sausages and these continued for the rest of our 10 night stay, there was a lot of fish on the menu, and by the start of our 2nd week the food like any hotel was starting to get repetitive, where the kids meals were served none of the food was labelled so very often kids didn't know what they were eating.
positives
Reception
We were welcomed and checked in quickly by David, once we got our keys and our all inclusive wristbands on, David asked both girls to stand on the red box and explained to the girls not us that if they ever lost there mam and dad in the hotel to come to reception and to stand on the red box and to tell them they had lost us and somebody would take them to find there parents, this was excellent and stuck in our minds.
Sunbeds
Plenty of sunbeds and first time ever that we haven't had to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve one, lifeguard does a good job of telling people they cant reserve beds.
Rooms
The rooms were spacious and clean and we had a room on the second floor overlooking the pool. Rooms cleaned every day but Wednesday.
Kids clubs & Entertainment
Saving the best till last, there is 4 kids clubs - baby, mini, junior, teens, also games for adults, all the blue team are very good at there job and work extremely hard, I have a 9 & 6 year old one of which went to the mini club and the other to the junior club, there is always something going on in the clubs all the time, juniors even go to the beach and for 6 euros they get took to the aquarium, both my girls went to the clubs every day except Sunday when the blue team all have a well deserved day of, all the blue team were good, even took the time to speak to us on there day off, but the blue team staff that stood out for us and who my kids became very fond of was Nella and Janina mini club and diogo in Junior club they were all extremely friendly.
We made sangria one day and they certainly weren't scared of putting in more alcohol, Louis was excellent and always approachable, I cant leave Lukas out because not often do the blue team that works with the adults get a mention but Lukas was again great, he even took the time to come and sit with us when he had finished the games or shows, on the subject of shows the evening shows preformed by the blue team were excellent the best show for us was the lion king our girls even got chosen to participate in this show, the blue team work long hours and very often after midnight they then practised for other shows. We met some lovely people and had a fantastic time, we are looking at booking again in this hotel which comes highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Direccion_LGardens, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Lanzarote Gardens, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear family,
We are most satisfied of reading that your first Holiday in Lanzarote was fantastic. Thank you very much for highly recommending us and for considering a future booking in H10 Lanzarote Gardens!!
David, Rayko (our lifeguard) , Nella, Janina, Diogo, Luis, Lukas and the rest of entertainment team will be informed about your special mention. On behalf of them thank you so much for your words.
We are also very grateful and take note of some aspects to be improved about food and identification.
We would be very happy to welcome you again in H10 Lanzarote Gardens.
Best greetings,

Guest service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overall an excellent hotel ensuring that we had a brilliant family holiday. Before going through all the detail of our experience, some things that I thought might be useful to people travelling:

WIFI Cost - €10/week for use on up to 2 devices
In Room Safe - €10 refundable deposit + €28.80 for 12 days
Air Conditioning - €30 refundable deposit for A/C remote control
Towels – Can be hired for €10 refundable deposit + €1 per towel
Laundry – Tokens at reception €3 each and 1 token needed for washing machine, 1 token needed for dryer. (Washing powder required)
Room cleaning – Every day except Wednesday
Kids club – 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm (Closed Sunday)
For Half Board – Dinner can be substituted for lunch which can also be taken as a picnic
Drinks – Bar Cocktails approx. €4.50 (about 4 included in the AI) €2.80 for a large Draught beer

Our group was 2 adults and 2 children (3 and 5) and I would find it hard to fault anything in this complex. The positives far exceeded any minor negatives and I will try to give a fair review of our experience here.

Upon arrival, check in was reasonably quick and painless. We were checked in by David who, like many others in the complex, seemed to work long hours but was always an absolute pleasure to deal with. Our luck was in with the room where we were given what was described as a superior bungalow. Ever the sceptic I imagined this was just a fantastic elaboration of our apartment… I was wrong. We found our ground floor bungalow to be a split level bungalow with 2 balconies, 2 TV’s, a/c, standalone fan and all other expected amenities. Room was spacious and there was a great deal of storage.

We availed of the kids club in the mornings (10-12) each day it was open. Our 3 and 5yr olds went to the same club and loved it. I have seen the blue team mentioned a few times and it is clear why. Nella stood out to us as someone that the kids grew very fond of but to be fair, the whole team were superb. Seeing these guys start at 10am and still full of energy late into the evening after the show where they were still talking to the kids was amazing and the kids were delighted to be part of the entertainment. Each day was centred around activities and after kids club there is some music and entertainment by the pool (including a bouncy castle on Mondays)

A note on the pool. People who point out the cold are correct. The main pool is quite cold initially but once you are in it is fine. The other pool is a few degrees warmer. There is a slide leading into the main pool and while the 3 and 5yr old weren’t too keen on it, the 35yr old had a great time!

Food was good overall. In response to the guy who complained that his wife’s egg wasn’t yellow enough, it looks like great improvements were made as all yolks were very yellow! There was a weekly rotation of themes with Chinese and Mexican themes. One minor issue was the over eagerness of the waiting staff on the drinks. There is a big fear of non-AI people taking drinks so to combat this the staff are keen to get the drinks out to the non-AI people. Be careful on this as drinks go on your room and over a couple of weeks could run up a nice surprise. Breakfast was probably the best meal of the day and on the days where we swapped dinner for lunch, I thought the lunch offerings were great.

Entertainment was varied and fun. I saw some comment about miming… Correct, the team are mostly singing along to a backing track (with the exception of Nella who did some solo numbers) but that reviewer was being a bit harsh and ignoring the dance routines and costumes and sets all appearing to be done by the team. During the afternoons Georgie and the team could be seen rehearsing for the nightly shows. In our time, some highlights were Grease, Mamma Mia, Michael Jackson, Glee, The Lion King). There was a mini disco each night from 8-8.30pm and the show started at 9.30pm. To be picky, it would be good to have something going on in this time (although not sure who could do it as the staff are tied up setting up the show)

Amazingly there is far more that I could write about the resort, the staff and the excellent running of this complex but I will stop soon. Our experience was great, all the basic needs were met and exceeded and for families this would be highly recommended. We have already talked about going back next year and I’d go back next week if I could!

Room Tip: Ground floor bungalow
Dear Paul,
On behalf of the whole team I thank you for taking the time and trouble to publish this detailed review about your recent stay in our hotel.
We are very satisfied to read that H10 Lanzarote Gardens met and exceeded your expectations regarding so many aspects.
Thank you very much for all the positive comments, and please accept my apologies for the issue in the restaurant. I am sure there are things we can do to improve table service for non AI guests.
We look forward to welcome you again anytime :)
Best wishes!!!

laurenj333
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just spent 1 week staying at the H10 Lazarote Gardens and would go back tomorrow!

FOOD & DRINK
For a 3 star hotel the food was very good, we only had breakfast included because we prefer to eat out on a night but compared to other hotels we've stayed in this was the best. There was a good variety including bacon, beans, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, pancakes, all types of bread, pastries, cold meat, cheese, fruit, cereal..... safe to say I didn't need much for lunch! We didn't see the other meals apart from occasionally around the pool, I did heard the mention of calamari and got a bit jealous!
The drinks were as you'd expect, branded fizzy drinks, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. the only down side was the fruit juices were a bit sweet and weren't what I'd class as 'fresh' but that's no big deal really!

ROOMS
Rooms are clean and spacious and have a good working kitchen area (not sure if all rooms have this as we weren't all inclusive). The shower was always hot and the as we were on the top floor the views where good and noise was minimum. We did have a problem with out electric one night but reception were more than helpful and moved us to another room until they could fix the problem the next morning. Absolutely no problem! Check out was 12pm but a courtesy room was available for those with later flights. Make sure you book this though as we were told by one lady on reception to just come back when we needed one and it was fully booked. No problem again as they gave us another room for max. 30 mins - fine for us but maybe not for a family.
Wifi is chargeable - didn't bother with this so can't comment, who needs wifi on holiday!!

We stayed in block 3 which was out of the way of the main building and had a lovely view of the pool and volcanic land. The cleaner comes everyday apart from Wednesday which is fine by me, always do a great job and are very polite if you are in your room when they come. We didn't pay for the safe and to be honest I never felt like I needed too.

The only downside is there is no air conditioning - it is a VERY windy island and is chilly on a night so it's not that bad. It's just nice to come back to a cold room after a day at the pool.

POOL & GROUNDS
The main pool is a little cold but fine after a few minutes and very refreshing! Never had a problem getting a sunbed no matter what time we went. We didn't see any towels reserving beds at a stupid time in the morning either.
The hotel grounds were very clean, don't think I saw any rubbish just the occasional plastic cup which was quickly taken away!

ENTERTAINMENT
There was different shows each night and kids entertainment around the pool everyday. We didn't get involved but it did look pretty well planned and professional!

AREA
The hotel is about 5-10 minutes walk to the square and main restaurants and the supermarket is just up the road on the same side. The walk is nice - either down the main street or, as we preferred, along the seafront. The beach is about 5 minutes across the road, we had a walk every morning while the clouds cleared.
The centre is lovely, lots of nice restaurants and bars! I'd recommend El Patio for a steak and La Peskera (by the beach) which did amazing tapas. We also ate at La Hacienda (Mexican) El Maestro (various), Bacchus (by the beach - nice Paella) and Pablos (Italian - probably the worst meal but only because the others were so nice). We drank in David's, Hook and The Lighthouse and all did lovely cocktails and large measures of spirits! There was different entertainment each night in the square too! The only downside to the square are the lucky lucky men constantly pestering you - they're not rude it just gets a bit relentless after a few nights.

ISLAND
We had a car so we did a few trips - I'd recommend Timanfaya (the volcanos) and Cuevos Los Verdes (the green caves). The beach at Costa Teguise is lovely so if you don't want to go anywhere you'll be happy by the pool or down there!

All in all I'd differently stay here again not just for the hotel but the general area - if you're going soon you'll love it. Take a cardi or a jacket for an evening as the wind is chilly and be prepared not to bake in the sun! It's still hot but the wind makes it more bearable and we had a few hazy days (still got a nice tan though)!

Room Tip: Try and get block 3 - nice views, quieter than block 1 (spent 1 night here) Go to breakfast earli...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Direccion_LGardens, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Lanzarote Gardens, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Lauren,
On behalf of the hotel's team I would like to express our gratitude for your so detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I first want to apologize for the inconvenience in your room. Thank you very much for your understanding and for your compliments to the reception staff.
We are very satisfied to read that H10 Lanzarote Gardens was so suitable for your holiday, and that our hotel has met your expectations regarding quality and variety of food, cleanliness, location and entertainment.
We would love to welcome you again on your next holidays!!
Best wishes,

Guest Service
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was our 3rd year staying at lanzarote gardens and can only say it's better every year.the entertainment team put in 100% is make sure u enjoy your holiday. even though it was a different team this year they knew all our names after 2 days.we go all inclusive and the food this year was excellent plenty of choice for everyone.the rooms and the hotel in general is always being updated and well looked after.if you are a family with kids I would definitely recommend this hotel.we will be returning next year as our kids love it so much.well done to georgie she's doing a great job being chief entertainer.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view these are all most convienent rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Direccion_LGardens, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Lanzarote Gardens, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear guest,
We are very proud and want to make a special mention of your loyalty towards H10 Lanzarote Gardens.
Thank you very much for recommending the hotel, and also for your compliments to entertainment, food choice and hotel/rooms' updating & maintenance.
We await for your next visit!! :)
Kind regards,

Blue Team :)
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Returned on the 28th June from the H10 Lanzarote Gardens Costa Teguise
Have to commend the staff and facilities at the Hotel as top class
It is a great family orientated hotel with attention given activities for all ages to have something to do
It is a surprise to stay at a Hotel that is better than it looked in the brochure that's the reason no photo's
Always maintenance being carried out to keep it clean and gardens top class
room we stayed at was spacious and well cleaned by friendly staff
My wife and I were half board which suited us as the food was varied and plentiful
with children it would be worth AI for the extras to keep them happy

Now a Warning to those that think clouds means you don't get sunburnt
I have a Mobility condition and thought that I could sit and not get too sunburnt due to the cloudy conditions WRONG
I have a condition called cellulitis of the lower limbs and with a light covering of lotion felt safe
after the second day of a two week stay I suffered what was likened to first degree burns on both lower legs Having to be dressed twice a day by my wife who has medical experience
I now have scarred legs and long treatments ahead

There are plenty of little bars around Teguise and several little shopping centres if you are willing to explore
The beaches are man made due to Volcanic origins but the walk along the beach front takes you past resteraunts and bars a plenty
I do recommend this area and especially recommend the H10 lanzarote Gardens
anybody who has any worries about travelling with Cellulitis I would willingly relate in detail how We managed my incident

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
We really hope that you get well from your sunburns very soon!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience and for the top rating.
We are very happy to see that you enjoyed so much the facilities, maintenance, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff; and thank you very much for considering H10 Lanzarote Gardens a top family oriented hotel.
We would love to welcome you and your family again.
Best wishes,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Just spent a week in this hotel. Was very good, specially the hotel staff. Everyone was amazingly friendly and they really care about your needs. It was my birthday and the manager offered me a bottle of champagne and wine, as well as flowers.
The room is good for a 3 star hotel, very comfortable and the beach is amazing. There is only one big problem about this area, it is very very windy. You will be very lucky to get a day without wind.
You need to pay to have internet,but it´s 2€, so it is really cheap and the internet is very good in all the public areas and balcony, not so good inside the room.
I went just with my husband and although I knew this is a children friendly hotel they don´t really bother you, The kids have a lot to get distracted with.
Food is very good and the drinks (at least in the all inclusive) are amazing!
Recomended!

Room Tip: Everyone should ask for a quiet room far away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joana,
We very much appreciate the time dedicated to give your feedback after your recent stay in H10 Lanzarote Gardens.
Thank you so much for pointing out the positives such as the staff, room, food and drinks. We hope you enjoyed the cava!!
We would be delighted to welcome you again, in order to provide you another very enjoyable holiday.
Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I was nervous about the first family holiday for a few years. After spending 2 weeks here I wasn't disappointed. This place is brilliant.

Entertainment and accommodation is perfect. The staff and specifically the entertainment staff are so friendly and can't do enough. (The kids loved them all!)

We went all incisive and felt it was good value. The food has a wide choice and there will always be something for everyone to eat. Another plus is the flexibility of the times for food and the pool snack bar which open from midday to 3.30 serving hot food.

Can't wait to go back next year!

Ohhhh. The kids loved it too!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Direccion_LGardens, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Lanzarote Gardens, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear guest,
We are delighted with your review and very grateful for the time dedicated to share your positive experience at H10 Lanzarote Gardens.
Thank you very much for praising our entertainment, accommodation, friendliness of staff, variety of food and our restaurant's opening times.
We wait for your next visit!! :)
Kind regards,

Guest service

Been to H10 Lanzarote Gardens? Share your experiences!