“stick to the track keep off the moors” 4 of 5 stars

928 59 05 12
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: With its over 3.500 palms, Costa Teguise Golf is an oasis surrounded by the breathtaking volcanic landscape of the island of Lanzarote. A golf course designed in 1978 by the famous architect John Harris, where playing golf provides an incredible experience while being in a beautiful environment at the side of an old volcano.
Wednesbury, England, United Kingdom
“stick to the track keep off the moors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I played this golf courses the first bank holiday in May 2013. Having visited only previous to use the range which is avarage at best but helps loosen you up and at €2 for 40 ish ball you cant complain I was very pleased with the facilities before the golf started. The terrace is a great place for a coffee, soft drink or something stronger before you go out and is reasonibly priced, unlike anything in the club shop. The putting green is very well maintained and the chipping are is a great spot to chip or at worse admire the view back over costa teguise.
On the day I played it was 25 degrees but it was breezy and the wind was gustting at around 20mph. Note to self ensure you put suncream on next time (school boy error).
The fairways were in reasonable condition and were easy to play off as the ball generally sat up nicely. The greens were in perfect condition and were of a good pace as well as being suprisingly receptive given the generally hot dry conditions.
Now the watchout - I , due to the wind and not a lack of consistancy found myself on the odd occasion off the fairway. Can I suggest if you are playing with friends you make a gentlemans agreement to retreive the ball (good luck with that) and place it at the point it crossed from the fairway to the none fairway is best way to put it. Two reasons for this 1) you are in danger of twisting or breaking a lower body part 2) if you attempt to play from the place it lands you will definatly need some new clubs on your return. This includes bunkers which are black ground up volcanic rock which is possibly the hardest thing on the planet other than vinny jones.
To summerise: definatley worth playing, take suncream, do not play from none fairway positions, enjoy the stunning views.
All prices for the round (price reduction for after 12pm start), club hire, range balls, buggies etc can be found on the club website.

Good luck and enjoy

Visited May 2013

Inverness, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
“Not golf but birds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We didn't play golf here but birdwatched instead. Can't comment on the golf but walked around the course ( with great care) birding. Asked at reception if we were ok to do this. We did enjoy coffee and cake and sat outside in the lovely sunshine. Lots of birds to find and we would like to thank the golf course for letting us go round it.

Visited April 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“You need to know this course ...and hire clubs !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I always try to play the local course when I'm visiting and arranged to play this one one day with a group of ex pats ..a really nice friendly bunch who play Tuesday and Friday mornings
I had read reviews if the course and knew that it would nt be easy but still looked forward to it.
The clubhouse is nice but not plush and the staff very helpful and friendly
I hired clubs and payed for my round which came to around 86 euros and apparently that was with a discount ...ouch!
The course itself is is good condition and the greens are excellent ..I play off 6 at a decent course in England and did not score over 30 stableford points even though I hit the ball consistently well
The fairways are narrow and palm tree lined ..but you need to know the target line or you'll be over hitting the fairways into the trees or off the fairways straight onto the pecan(volcanic shale) to play off it is tough and it wrecks your clubs
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it although I think it's overpriced when I compare it to where I've been in Portugal and the states to play but choice there I guess keeps the price down..
A nice pint of Guinness after the round and good company made the bad scoring go away quickly and I'm sure I could get nearer 36 points should I be able to save up to visit and play here again

Visited April 2013
Hailsham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Honest PGA Professional review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited this course in November 2012 with members from my golf club.
This is a really challenging course particularly when the wind blows like it did when we played. Its a great layout with a nice selection of dogleg holes and tough par 3's. The condition of the course was not as good as the course in Puerto del Carmen but still pretty good for our holiday golf tournament. The staff are really good and we had breakfast there both days and it was really nice and only 6 euros each including coffee and juice ! The starter gave us a battered old club to use in the volcanic areas and you really need it, believe me. Do not make the mistake of not accepting this from him as you will regret it should you enter the rocky areas. Very extensive damage to your new irons if you do. Overall, a very pleasant experience all round. Only little thing is the Proshop did not have much stuff to buy for prizes and the clubhouse is a little dated.

Visited November 2012
Costa Teguise
3 attraction reviews
“Number 1 in Lanzarote”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The original golf course in Lanzarote. Very difficult, with narrow, tree lined fairways that punish even the slightest mistake. A pleasure to play, and a challenge to keep the score respectful, especially after the odd errant shot!!!

Visited December 2012