“Fantastic hotel great staff! Well done team” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort

You added Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Mar, 6, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel great staff! Well done team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We visited this hotel on the 19 dec 2013 for our week holiday over Christmas .all I can say what fantastic staff you have working at this hotel! Everyone so happy and friendly and happy to help. My 5 and 8 year loved this hotel as the staff made them so welcome. The Christmas Gala WOW the work that had gone into this was amazing! The Santa chef who arrived on a camel was a amazing all the kids loved this. ( for next year just arrange the queuing system better to sit on santas knee!). We stayed in this hotel four years ago and what a transformation it has gone through a lot better Well Done ! There is only one heated pool, the littler olds could do with the back pools heated as best for the kids to play around. The rooms are fantastic only one tip I can give for the English ( press the lang button on your TV control on Disney channel and select English) yes it works!!! The food did get a bit repetitive on a evening , but when I came to the Christmas gala WOW. The entertainment team esp mini club during the day thank you, you were great and made my Joseph feel so welcome. I don't really have anything bad to say about this hotel as all fantastic, but it is a family hotel GREAT for kids. If you are a older couple you may find it hard as kids love to run around the lobby have lots of fun with their new friends they have Made on a night time. Welll done to all staff and management for turning this hotel around!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Ref: BYJS
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for the nice comments you have made in TripAdvisor, you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, and they are very helpful. The most important for us is to know that you have had a nice and satisfactory stay here with us, you and your family all together during your stay. I am glad you like the Santa in the camel and I have noted about the queuing for next year, try to have a better organization; all was organize, I may tell you, but once Santa came down to his Big Chair inside de Lobby, nothing was as planning, but you are right and we will do it better next time. Thank you for mentioning all the staff, especially Jacqueline from the miniclub, they all try to do a good job, even more now in Christmas time, that is so special for all the children.
About the Gala Dinner is very nice from you to mention it, as that help me very much to motivate all the team involved a lintel bit more, and be ready for the next one tomorrow 31st.
I hope you also like the Island and it will be a pleasure to serve you again here .
M.O.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Polish first
Lanzarote, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hello Don Mariano,
We know that you monitor all the reviews, more so than any other hotel manager.
We also understand that ¨Over Booking¨is a world wide practice.
This would not be the first time er have been ¨Bumped¨ as they say in the trade , as ex - hotel managers ourselves we do understand this is normal procedure. Although it was a disappointment , it really didn´t matter much to us, firstly we live on the island and we had booked (to use points) through Hotels.com , rather than a direct booking with you.
I just hope than any first time clients have not been put off, as I understand there were several bookings that could not be accommodated.
The new Be Live is a very good hotel, we have stayed many times and although we were offered alternative hotels, we have chosen to stay with you again for my husbands birthday at the end of January. Hope to see you then.

vecinos de Tinajo

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ref: Ex-patExonians
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you first of all for thinking on us and on this hotel for your holidays or resting days in the Island. Also for your understanding about the guests that some time should be asked to stay somewhere else due to many problems we may have, sometime nothing to do with us but we are the ones that have to face them, and we try to do it smooth and the better possible. The satisfaction and enjoy of a guest, wherever they sleep, is the most important for me and a principle. I am not sure if you booked here and we transfer to another hotel or we could not give you room due to the lack of availability, anyhow I hope you are having a nice Christmas and we wish you all the best for the new Year, here as our nice neighbor from Tinajo., Land of great Cooking Chef…
Anyhow it will be a pleasure to count with you next year in this hotel to celebrate your birthday and please, just contact me before your arrival to make your stay here as comfortable as possible and satisfactory.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel was very good value. It is not 5 star but very good for the price we paid and the 4 star rating is fair. All the staff are very good and always had a smile ,room was very clean and spacious . The room had a fridge but was empty and the hotel did not supply bottle water, so had get water from shop opposite the hotel. Water in the hotel was only in cups and not bottles.
The drinks at the bars are very good considering it is all inclusive and the bar staff are very attentive. Food was always fresh and themed every night and was always hot. Lots of fish, pork and chicken dishes, beer and wine on tap in the restaurant. Very good breakfast in the mornings.
Food is what it is ?four star.
The animation team work very hard day and night and did dry to involve all guests including the kids, top marks for effort to them.
You can walk to the town in around 40 min or bus stop is outside hotel. The bars in town are very good value if you fancy a change. And yes we will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Floor two and up are better, ground floor rooms have limited views as pool area have lots of palm tr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ref: Visteboy
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your comments in Trip Advisor , and we fell very glad to know that we could give you a nice time here during your stay. Thank you for mentioning the staff in general and specially the animation team, we all work hard to make your holidays as special as possible and your comments help me to motivate them every day a little bit more. Thank you.
Sorry about the water bottle supply at the hotel, it is a policy from the head office, but we put at very cheap price bottle from the machines
I would like just to say, that for us the best thing we can get from a guest is make him to come back.
I am looking forward to being able to serve you here any other time at some point.
Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your stay in Lanzarote.
Poole
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok. Firstly. An email 3 days before we left to say hotel had overbooked and we couldn't have our room and we were going to be relocated to an adults only hotel (6 & 8 year old) wasn't the best start to our holiday. After 3 days of myself doing most of the leg work we managed to secure our room.
So for the hotel,,
Rooms are very good. Great size. Pretty well furnished and modern. Large walk in wardrobe with sinks. And separate shower and toilet. Cleaners could have been better but it was over Christmas so I am guessing they were in a bit of a rush to get finished. But on the whole it was good.
Hotel itself,, great location. Big pools. Grand entrance and it ticks all the boxes. Looks the part. That's kind off where it stops being good.
The staff, all seem to be left to their own devices. No one is being supervised. Or monitored.
They do not control any problems. Nor do they manage.
Christmas Day was chaos when people tried to line up to se farther Christmas. And it continued from there in everything. Food hall. Lack of food. No one watching to ensure things were topped up. . Even getting drinks. A line of 20 people and waiting for 10-15 minutes. Quality of food was acceptable but not great. But again if you rate it against value for money. I guess you can't complain.
Cleaning around the hotel I thought was very poor also.
This hotel has the potential to be a great hotel. Sadly it lacks management skills.
This is clearly its biggest fault and is very obvious.
But, however. As all-inclusive hotels go, if you get a cheap deal then you won't be disappointed.
I would recommend to some one looking for a cheap all-inclusive deal.

• Stayed December 2013
Ref: Appledev
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for your review in TripAdvisor, you can be sure that is very helpful for me and my team, I do not know by your comments if we could satisfy yourself and your family as you expected, and I feel very sorry. We try to have a good organization and control every one of the staff and each one knows exactly what he has to do. Maybe when hotel is very busy those problems may arise and create some disorganization on some departments. I beg your pardon and you can be sure that your review is very good for me in order to show them that the image given is important and we have to do things correctly and at the first time.
I hope you enjoy the Island and you come back here, any hotel you prefer and have a satisfactory stay.
Anyhow thank you again for choosing is this time and for your review.
cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We came for two weeks at the end of November with our two year old and 5 month old boys.
we had a wonderful stay here.
We chose to take a taxi transfer as we felt it saved waiting around with luggage and two small children, this worked well for us.
The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming throughout our stay.
On arrival, we realised our room didn't have a bath so we asked at reception if there would be any chance of changing rooms as our toddler is scared of the shower and a shower isn't great for a baby. This was arranged immediately.
The hotel grounds are very well kept and kept very clean, however the rooms could be cleaned better.
After 7 days we had to ask for our sheets to be changed.

I can't agree with reviewers complaining about food, we found the standard to be very good. The choice to be plentiful and everything cooked fine.
They even had rice cakes which our weaning baby loved!
The restaurant staff were very friendly and efficient and it was lovely how there was a separate eating area for children and children's buffet (though we didn't use this)
We especially enjoyed Chinese night! We didn't use the VIP restaurant because the menu didn't suit our taste but this wasn't a problem.

There isn't very much close by but we like to go out and explore the Island rather than only exploring the hotel.
We went to Costa Teguise most days where there are shops, bars, restaurants and parks.
On sunday we visited Teguise market which was a lovely day out. We spent a lovely afternoon in the square enjoying tapas with live music being played.
We also visited the animal park which was a nice day out for the children.
Arrecife is also a nice trip out, a taxi here was only 8 euro. We went twice. We did some shopping, enjoyed a nice lunch etc

.What really made this hotel was the amazing animation team, they are so friendly and make sure they get to know everybody.
They made our two year old's holiday one to remember. Being two he was a bit young for the mini club but they made sure we knew he was welcome as long as one of us stayed. This is what we did some days. It was great fun.
In the evening there is a mini disco which our son looked forward to, especially Oscar bear coming out! The animation team are great at involving children who are a bit unsure or shy.
A big Thank you to all they did for our son, he still talks about you all!

There is then a quiz, game before the main show (which is in a different room at 10)
It was lovely that they did this as personally we could never go to the show or the noise would have woken our baby so at least we could enjoy some adult evening entertainment too.

There were very few miserable people looking at children like they were in the way but they need to remember that children are as welcome here as they are and if they don't like children, then perhaps a gold hotel would be more suitable for them.

The weather here was warm, very windy on three of the days. Personally the pools were not warm enough for us in this weather, even the heated pool but we expected this may be the case.

We found the free wi fi did not work. There is a bar opposite the hotel, in the semi circle called Domino, we used this as they offer free wi fi.

The hotel put lovely Christmas trees up and a beautiful nativity scene which helped keep the Christmas spirit!

Thank you for an enjoyable pre Christmas break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Ref: Littleprincess23
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments in TripAdvisor and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, Your comments are very nice and when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
I have noted nevertheless your comment about the cleaning of the room and change of linen, I am terribly sorry as is not the normal procedure, and I beg yo0ur pardon.
Thank you so much for mentioning the entertainment staff, they make a good work and children are our first priority here even more now in Christmas.
I am glad that you also enjoy the island and its excursion and you speak so well about it.
It was a pleasure to have you here, thank you for choosing us for your holidays in Lanzarote and for your nice review
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
ayrshire scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad other people felt the food let this hotel down I was beginning to think I had been at another hotel. The hotel is stunning ,rooms great ,staff really nice but food very poor. Breakfast in the morning was the best at least you could get a fresh omelette or fried egg,lunch time and evening very poor and has been said lukewarm,although we were AI we ate out three times you shouldn't have to do this on AI,

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Ref: scottishjeanie
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for your review in TripAdvisor, you can be sure that is very helpful for me and my team, to know exactly the feedback of your stay. We will keep working in the food service, as you mention for better quality and keep the temperature as longer as possible when display, that is one of our problem.
I really hope that despite the food you enjoy your stay and you like the island, our main target is make you to come back here, to this hotel or at least to Lanzarote, in any other hotel you choose and you have a satisfactory stay for you time of holidays.
Anyhow thank you again for choosing is this time and for your review.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

After reading all the negative comments I was worried about what to expect but was pleasently surprised, check in was quick and friendly and the room we had was just perfect. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the service first class. Yes the food is not perfect but there was always something we liked. Would definitely go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ref: Carol H
Dear Guests,
I want to thank sincerely for your review and the named of your review it is just what we always are looking for, for our guest, to be able to accomplish with your expectation a little bit more if is possible.
Thank you very much for mentioning the staff and to say that you will came back at some point is the best thing we can have from a guest and our first target here.
Thank you again for choosing us for your holidays in Lanzarote and for your nice review.
M.O.

Been to Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!