“Lovely hotel well worth av visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort

You added Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Mar, 6, 35508 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Nottinghamshire
“Lovely hotel well worth av visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week stay at be live we travelled with Jet 2 holidays which I will definitely use again. Our check and flights where great and stress free.
The hotel
A good check in staff friendly but a bit more information about the hotel and area would be useful.
The room Wow spacious and modern, great hairdryer, rooms cleaned daily. We stayed in room 34 which over looked the pool and had a sea view only downside was we were above the outside bar area on the first floor and it could be very noisy at times. It did become quite around 1am.
All inclusive- Food was good a bit repetitive but you expect this. We always found a table and the dining room staff never stop they work so hard. They are constantly replenishing the food trays and the food is of a good standard. Drinks are plentiful but can be a bit weak at times. The VIP restaurant well worth a visit lovely food and service.
The pools- The staff work hard to keep areas clean and tidy but if holiday makers cleared up their used cups it would be much easier. The sun bed situation can be a nightmare but we noted the manager of the hotel removing towels from sun beds not being used unfortunately a losing battle due to selfish people reserving beds for whole families. We noted a particular family reserve two lots of beds one in the sun and one lot in the shade pure selfishness. Their is a small beach opposite the hotel which you can access via a tunnel under the road.
Entertainment is what you usually expect the acrobat show definitely worth a watch. We travelled without children but I was impressed with the animation team they worked tirelessly to entertain the kids.
Location is a good walk from Costa teguise but a lovely stroll along the beach front is a must. There are some lovely restaurants and bars on route. There are a few lovely bays with clear turquoise waters on the way, if you go by taxi you will miss these.
If I was to have one moan it would be the children left to run riot by their parents who seem to disappear for the day and most of the evening. There was one particular group of French children that caused chaos where ever they went making a terrible mess the poor staff had to tidy away. The staff did try their best to control this.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and families Lanzarote is a beautiful place and both well worth a visit we will return for another visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Ref: Nottsglobetrotters_7
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, and also that they are very helpful for me.
Thank you for your mention to the staff , it help me very much to keep motivating them a little bit more.
I am sorry for the problem and image with the sunbeds procedure, and we are still looking for the way that everyone can be comfortable and have a nice time around the pool. Now there is sunbeds for everyone, so the solution must be near.
I thank you again for your nice review and the best thing we can get from a guest is the willing to coming back here, it mean that the job has been done properly.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
M.O.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very impressed with hotel very modern and clean. Room was very clean and spacious. The food was lovely i have three fussy children and everyone of them found plenty of food to eat the self service food and drinks at lunch and through the day was great meant the kids could help themselves without any problems with plenty on offer eg. Chips,burger,hotdogs,toasted sarnies,icecream and fruit etc.
The pools were fab but never got to sit by main pools because could not get space until after about five oclock. But mine were so happy by family pools with waterslide and more beds available but you still have to be up early to get sunbeds!!!. the anamation team eros. Steevin. Paulina. Thierry. Liga. Liza. Yannick are fantastic and are the best there is great with my daughter and son in mini club especially steevin and paulina.
They had the best time ever and hope to return if there still there. Entertainment shows at night were good and cannot fault the hotel and am looking to go back next year.

Ref: donz32
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your nice review in Trip Advisor and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern. When we know that we have given a nice time here to someone is what make us happy and became our job very special.
Thank you for your mention to the entertainment staff, and Paulina and Steeven that do their best for the children.
I am sorry for the image with the sunbeds, we have tried everything and now increasing the number of sunbeds I hope it will be no more problems.
I thank you again for your nice review and the best thing we can get from a guest is they want to coming back here, it means that the job has been done properly.
Thank you very much ended for the title of your review, is a very nice word and I hope we deserve it.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This Hotel is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in its dirty and not well managed. we as a family of 3 stayed there from the 28th july 2013 for 2 weeks all inclusive and it was the worst experience ever.This will be a true report on the hotel. I would say that i am not hard to please. Lets start with the good points the rooms are lovely. The Thompson rep is fantastic ( vicky) thats the good bit done now for the bad bits the food is of poor quality and repeats its self every couple of days. Who puts prawns with sprouts ? The Restarunt service is a nightmare its like a bun fight to get yourself something to eat hot plates are few and far between then to find a table good luck with that if you can find a clean table most of them will be piled high with dirty plates. Now to the swimming pool sun beds up at 6.30am to get one the sun beds are dirty the poolside is not clean the pools are freezing cold and plastic cups floating around and on at least 2 occasions it looked like vomit floating around. now to the evening entertainment or lack of in side kids entertainment was poor and did not start until 10pm and was in either the basement room or the lounge the outside entertainment was in the dark and again not until 10pm oh sorry you could watch the builders fitting new lights in the pool and diging the poolsde up or digging the pool drain channels out. So to the beach small and nice great swimming but you need to be a mountain goat to get to it not one for people with mobility problems. Outside pool bar area is dirty raw food cooked next to a dustbin loads of flys and long que's for the bar and your free weak drinks again loads of dirty tables. last of all loads of kids running riot at night entertaining them selves and misbehaving.
THIS HOTEL IS ONE TOO AVOID

Room Tip: Not one that is in the main building choose one in the winged areas.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ref: Rob A
Dear Guests,
We thank you for you review in TripAdvisor, as all the comments from our guests must be a big opportunity to us to improve and realize what are the fault we may have and what is the preferences and wishes of our guests staying here. I am really sorry to see from your opinion that we could not give you the service you expected, and we could not reach our most important target, that is make give you a nice and comfortable stay and ,make you to come back here.
I do not want to make any excuses or arguments about the points you mention, your feeling is important and now impossible to change. Anyhow I have noted all the comments and you can be sure I will look in everyone very close and I will do my best to improve it if so or look for a solution to make it easy and pleasant for our guests.
I only would like to mention that we are very concern about the swimming pool maintenance and cleaning as is one the part our guests use the most, and the safe and healthy is priority. We follow the Criptosporidium procedure in case of vomit or any other potential parasite infection, and in that case is just the cream, oil and many other substances that guests may have in their body when they get in the swimming pool and not follow the rule of have a shower before; but the lifeguard was removing constantly that area. That situation it just happens once, when the level of the water was a little bit down, as you mention because we were installing the new swimming pool lighting, and sorry for any disturbing, we tried to do it at the most appropriate time of the day. Sorry if we disturb you.
Thank you for your review and your thoughts, we take them very seriously.
I hope at least that you return to this nice Island to any hotel you choose and you have a satisfactory stay.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Straight to the point is always best.
1. Room. If you have kids you need to state that you need inter-connecting rooms which is 10euro per day upgrade. We got two rooms thinking that for 2 adults and 3 small children we would automatically be joined. There is only a few joining rooms in the hotel. So it is limited. We changed rooms on the second day and did get a room identical on the fifth floor which was joined with a good sea view.
2. Aircon. A bit slow in rooms. We worked out that there is a switch on the balcony door which turns aircon off when opened and stays off as the doors do not shut very good. A bit of card wedged over switch sorted this out !
3. Food. Quite tasty. I have seen better with more choice but it is well worthy of satisfying all. Kids were happy.
4. Atmosphere. Very good. Quite well animated. Kids enjoyed running around. However some parents let the young teens just go for it and leave them to it. Very safe but enjoying teens... Some good shows in the hotel.
5. Just a note. To get into the busy resort of costa teguise. You need to get a bus outside the hotel 6euro for 5 of us. Or 3.5euro in a taxi. Or 50 min walk no problem unless young kids in flip flops!!!!
Verdict. I would go again and really had nice time. All staff friendly and a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Ref: Johnpaul H
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for your review in TripAdvisor and also for the translation in to the Spanish, very much appreciated. Just to say that, after reading any comments, when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
Thank you for mentioning the staff, is very important for me and that helps me to motivate them as much as I can.
The best thing you may say to us is that you will come back here at some point; it means that the job has been done properly.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here, Thank you for choosing us and for your comments.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having had a week in the lovely Be Live resort, already planning to go back next year, lovely clean rooms, massive choice of food which was lovely, hard working staff a credit to the hotel, Make the most of your break, we joined in all the activites, lovely breeze, Not one mozzie bite, Please do the volcano trip it was amazing .....

Room Tip: A room looking over the main pool and the sea...
Ref: helly 9
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for your nice comments you have made here in TripAdvisor. We feel so good when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone and is what make our job to be special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
As I always said the best thing we can get from a guest, is make him willing to came back here, and if we have done it, we have reach our main target.
Thank you for mention the staff, I will let them know.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from the Be Live Lanzarote with my family, 2 daughters aged 16 and 12 and husband. We had a relaxing holiday and enjoyed our stay. We booked with First Choice and all went smoothly although has a 2.5 hour delay on return due to faulty monitor on plane but these things happen and the captain came to explain to us all what was happening.
The hotel is clean and bright, very modern decor and our room was comfortable for 4 of us, the girls had been expecting bunk beds but were in a sofa bed which was better for them. Apparently the hotel is swapping the bunk beds off sofa beds. Our room looked out to see although some trees obscured our view somewhat. We did have an incident with a cricket that found its way inside the sofa bed in the middle of the night! . Not the hotels fault and they sent a caretaker to help sort it out!
Be prepared to be up early to get your sun beds! We went out at 7.30 each day and managed to get 4. The first few days we had to stay with our towels if not they were taken off the beds but this seemed to change as the week went on and I noticed people leaving them.
To be honest this is no different to other places we have stayed so although it is a pain you have to do it. The pools are lovely and there is quite a bit of entertainment, I enjoyed the aqua aerobics with my girls. We were there in a heat wave and found it a bit hot for the tennis or mini golf but we had a go!
The food is good and plentiful. A couple of nights were not as good as others but we made the wrong choices. The Spanish and Mexican nights were good. The staff work really hard in there, the breakfasts and lunches were lovely. My fussy 12 year old always found something to eat.
We did eat out in Costa Teguise one night for a change, I can recommend De Pasta a lovely Italian run by a lovely woman from Glasgow!
The First Choice trips are a bit expensive. We did go to the water park which was ok but a bit tired, needs a bit of money spending on it!
The only thing that is not so good is the location it is a few mins taxi ride to Costa Teguise but because it is all inclusive and it was so hot we only did this once. If this doesn't bother you then this is a good hotel with lots going on. We didn't go to the entertainment so can't comment on it.
All in all a good hotel, we had a good time.

Room Tip: If you want a good view ask for a higher room if in the family block, we were on floor 2.
Ref: Della446
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for taken your time in writing your review in TripAdvisor and also for the translation in to the Spanish, very much appreciated.
I am sorry for the incident with the cricket, you are very nice and as you say we try to keep them away all the time, but some time they just cross de line.
Also just to say that the problem with sunbeds, that will never will be sorted out, is now better and we are controlling as much as possible the reservation in order to give the same chance to all the guest top get their sunbed.
I am glad that you enjoy one night out of the hotel and the island of Lanzarote and I really hope to be able to serve you any other time here, Thank you for choosing us and for your review.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After reading all the reviews with interest before travelling found this hotel to be fab value for money with very few negatives. Returned yesterday from 10 night break with my family. We had a large & clean family room - plenty big enough for us with 3 children - regularly cleaned, fresh towels etc. Perfect sea view over-looking tennis courts. We used the family pool at rear of hotel which was much quieter than large pool area - always got a sunbed but did put our towels down about 8ish. Much preferred this pool as large pool was very crowded and literally saw people running to get beds each morning! The sunbed problem was eased by the delivery of more beds though. My only complaint about the family pool was there should of been a lifeguard on duty ALL THE TIME!!! Especially by the slide - lots of unsupervised kids using it with lilos etc and it's an accident waiting to happen. The lifeguards could usually be found clearing up or fixing sunbeds - they would of been much better used manning the pool/slide. Food good quality - maybe a little repetitive but hard pushed to complain about it. Only improvement I think would be more choice of child-friendly food - they did try! The animation team were great - especially Paulina & Steevin who really made our kids feel welcome at all the activities. Steevin even took the time to try & help my 5 year old with her swimming in the pool. Also special mention to Jimmy on reception - he was very friendly & helpful. They need to provide you with better information when checking in though - like local beaches & info etc - this would be helpful for those never having travelled to lanzarote before. Great hotel, prefect family location - you can't go far wrong here with kids of all ages.

Room Tip: Rooms in family block are away from main entertainment so fairly quiet. Walls are paper thin though...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marino O, Gerente at Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Ref: LB7997
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is really helpful for me and is a pleasure to know that we have giving you and your family a nice and satisfactory time here with us.
I have taken good note about your comment on the family swimming pool and the supervision on the time of duty, must be reinforced now that is use by many children, you can be sure that it will be done, as the security is for us the most important, and even with notes board we must watch personally the behavior.
As I said thank you very much for your review and for mentioning some of the staff, I will let them know and that help me to motivate them more with your feedback.
Concerning the Island information, you are right but also we have the order that all the Island information should be given by your guide from your Tour Operator, and we, from the front desk, are not allow to do it.
I wish you all the best and we send you our best regards and I hope to be able to serve you any other time here
Receive our best regards
M.O.

Been to Be Live Family Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!