“Would come back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Del Mar s/n, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 41 hotels in Costa Teguise
manchester
“Would come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 19 July for 2 wks with my husband and 13 year old daughter. I emailed the hotel prior to arrival to request a nice view and a room on the 3, 4 or 5 floor. They didn't reply but I was given exactly what I asked for. Room 522 had lovely sea and pool view, probably the best sea view I've had. The rooms were lovely, very clean and modern with a fantastic shower. You couldn't fault the room. The bed for my daughter was a camp bed, which I think is a bit of an afterthought and if your child is tall or a bit chubby then the bed would be a bit small. I paid a child price for my daughter so I was expecting a camp bed.
Food - usual all inc food. I've had better but I've also had a lot worse. Breakfast was the best. You will always find something to eat and some of the food was lovely. VIP restaurant was gorgeous and made a nice change.
Animation team - they were excellent and worked very hard. I
was very impressed by them. My daughter joined in a lot of the games and she really enjoyed them.
Entertainment - usual stuff that you get abroad not very exciting but there was something every night.
Sunbeds- pool area closed til 9 then it's a big race for your sunbed. Very funny to watch. I prefer this than having to get up at 7. I also chatted to some really nice people who i probably wouldnt have spoken to whilst waiting for the manager to give the nod. The hotel are doing their best here as more sunbeds appeared over the 2 weeks and sunbed probs are at every hotel in the height of the season.
All in all had a lovely holiday met some really nice people and my daughter made lots of friends and I may go back next year. I booked with monarch and paid £2285 for the 3 of us and I thought I got very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Ref: sunseekermanchester
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, When we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
Is good to know that you enjoy with our entertainment staff, thank you for mentioning and Thank you very much for your comprehension with the sunbed problem.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
Sincerely

1,088 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
Amble, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just returned in the early hours of this morning from the Be Live after spending a lovely week there with my 14 year old son and mam and dad. The decor at this hotel is very modern and light and airy in reception and the reception staff were always very helpful if we had any queries. The rooms are beautiful and very clean and very comfortable beds too. The air con is a big help as it was very hot. Only thing I would say about the room is don't do what me and my son did and close balcony door when you go out as we could not get in!! So had to shout help to get someones attention or we would of been sleeping outside all night haha, quite amusing really!

The food was fantastic so much to choose from every day and plenty for kids too. Food available by the pool as well and my son enjoyed making the cheese toasties inbetween jumping in and out of the pool. I must stress that the cakes were gorgeous and i'm missing them already. I have forgot the little mans name in the restaurant but he was very funny and made us laugh and always spoke to us every day.

The rush for sunbeds was the only problem with this hotel as people queue at the pool to grab sunbeds at 8am when the area doesn't even open until 9am! By 9.10am there are no sunbeds left. This does not seem to be the hotels fault, but the selfish people who think they own the sunbeds for the time they are on holiday. All a bit mad really.

The entertainment team were very good with the kids and my son enjoyed all the activities such as water polo, football, table tennis and pool. One of the entertainment team was called Yannick and my son Jamie became good friends with him and they spent lots of time together doing activities. Also the photographer Beppe took some lovely photos of Jamie and called Jamie Russell as he thought he looked like a young version of Russell Crow haha.

The Volcano trip is well worth a visit and my son did scuba diving in the sea which was great.

We all had a lovely week overall, and met Kaz and Brian who are a lovely couple and we had many laughs with them too.

Can be noisy in rooms so I would recommend a top floor room.

Room Tip: I would advise to try and book a room on the top floor as we had a few sleepless nights with noise f...
Ref: anon600
Dear Guests,
First of all I want to thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to know that we have given you a nice and satisfactory time here in this hotel.
I am sorry for the episode on the terrace, thank you for your attitude, but it could be a problem, I will take note of that priory.
Thank you for mentioning the staff, at the restaurant and the animation team, is important for me and your comments help me to motivate them and keep working every day for you.
I will also tell the people from the Photo shop about your review, Tank you.
Thank you finally for your comprehension about the sunbeds problem, we will keep working on it trying to improve as much as we could.
I am very grateful for your review and your concern with us.
I can see you also like the island so I hope you can back here and if you stay here again, much better.
Please receive my bet regards
Yours sincerely
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from 15th - 25th July 2013,
I will give as honest a review with good then not so good points.

From the moment of check in i was pleased we had chosen this hotel, the lobby was airconed and was a welcome relief from the intense heat outside, Also there was champers on ice and fruit juice for new arrivals in reception. The reception staff was very pleasant. Our room was lovely big airy clean modern....everything you could want really, we were on the west side of the building so had a fabulous sea view. The bathroom has a large walk in dressing area with 2 sinks and a REAL hairdryer with a nozzle (you ladies will know what i mean) Not that i had much of a hairstyle with the breeze

The restaurant was well run considering the hotel was full and the selection of food was very good, we were there for 10 days so could be a bit repetitive but that is to be expected. This is the first holiday where i have eaten dessert but i could not resist, Lunch and Dinner very nice. The pool bar also offers a good selection of hot and cold snacks and has a toasty machine. The VIP restaurant was nice and made a change from the usual buffet.

The pool was very nice, clean and well maintained with lots of sun beds, Very good children’s club from what we saw and good poolside animation/entertainment team. Music was played poolside from around 11ish but was not too loud to disturb people chilling out.

All the staffs work very hard to ensure you have a good fun holiday. From the cleaners, reception, animation, restaurant, kitchen, bar staff and all have a smile on their face and a welcome greeting.

Now for the not so good.
The evening entertainment was sadly lacking, they do try but they are restricted to putting their shows on in a room at the back of the bar, there is no bar in here just a stage and seating. This is very uninviting as i love to dance but if you do you feel like you are part of the show.
They cannot hold the shows on the main stage as the noise travels up through the hotel.
There was a singer in the outside areas a couple of nights which was nice.

Sun bed Race
Apparently this started the week we arrived. The chains are put up and no access allowed to the sun beds until 9am. The thing is this then becomes a crazy stampede to find a sun bed before they are all gone. Most morning’s sun beds were all gone by 9.10. My Husband and i joined in this practice as we also wanted a sun bed, but i have never seen anything like this in any hotel i have stayed in. There were several parties of 6/8 people where 1 person would do the sun bed run and reserve 6/8 sun beds. Usually you would not see these families for a couple of hours later.
My philosophy is if you want a sun bed get out of your bed and get your own and use it or lose it!!
One family had 7 beds and i swear for the whole 10 days only ever saw 2 of them being used...disgusting!! (You know who you are) which possibly ruined the holiday experience for people that did actually want to use them. If you complain to the management though they will come and remove towels from beds that are not being used (so funny to watch) I only saw this happen once though.

The only other thing (which wasnt a problem for me) is the location of the hotel. It is a good 45 min walk into town on the coastal road which is great through the day, but in the evening when we wanted some entertainment and i wanted to keep my hair styled it is too breezy
There is nothing really close by to just nip out and have a drink somewhere local. This is not the fault of the hotel, just something to consider if you are looking for a dance or some entertainment
However there are plenty of taxis and reception will arrange one for you 3eu into town and 4eu back, there is also a 24 hour bus service that is every 20 mins until 11 pm then i think every 30 - 45 mins

All in all a nice holiday just would have been nicer if they had some good entertainment and banned the sun bed hunters from the pool.
Thanks Be Live for a nice time

Room Tip: We had room 130 sea view - lovely and quite but all rooms are either sea or pool or both facing due...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ref: DonnaQueenofYorkshir
Dear Guests,
First of all I want to thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is really helpful for me and you can be sure that those comments help me and all my staff to keep working for you.
Thank you for mentioning the staff, is very important for me and to minimized those problem you also mention in your review our attitude must be perfect all the time.
You are right about the entertainment at night, but we had to move it to the inside due the noise and many complains from the guest staying in their room early, With the music outside, now during summer time, we are not having so many complaint of noise.
Also I feel shame for the sunbed problem, but in order to get a clean and tidy area for you, and avoid people leaving towels from 5.00 a.m., I need to have the solarium area close, until 09.00 o. clock, then you have all the morning to go and take a place, and if you could not find one, I will do it for you, me or the lifeguard as they have instruction to do it.
Anyhow, once again thank you for the review and I hope to serve you any other time.
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for ten days at the Be Live returning this morning, Aug 2nd. Cannot understand some of the negative comments posted which appear unfair. This hotel delivers in every aspect in its' hard working staff, food choice, entertainment for adults and children alike and chill out areas; the hotel flows excellently to maximise the family holiday.The rooms are superb and although we could not keep our room on due to the hotel being full we, along with other families used room 3 as a complimentary room to shower and change in. Room 3 was spotless and of a great standard.
I would definitely return here and would recommend it to like minded friends. The pool areas are superb and I would agree that the age old brass plates/towels on sun beds is as prevalent here as anywhere. However, this is to the exasperation of the hotel staff and decent people who don't participate in this English pastime (it is not a German ritual as the red tops would have you believe-it is reported as that to appease the English morons who have fed into this moral panic).
The beach/cove is accessible from the rear of the hotel within minutes and isn't busy.
The hotel is high grade, unfortunately it is attracting low grade behaviour from individuals which i feel is the cause of the negative comments.
The sun beds at the hotel are mainly foam backed, it would be possible to ban the use of towels upon them and eradicate this pathetic practice.
If you want a relaxing family holiday and the biggest decision you make within that period is, "what shall we choose to eat at mealtimes?"come to the Be Live.
Ignore the selfish behaviour of the 'usual holiday buffoons' who get anywhere and concentrate on the hotel and everything it delivers and you will have a super holiday.

Room Tip: Stayed in family block, however after experiencing adjoining rooms in hotel for late check out would...
Ref: Anthony P
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, Your comments are very nice and when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
Thank you very much for your comprehension with the sunbed problem, I wish many people will think like you. I am glad you like the little cove just in front, perfect for swimming in clear water, rocky and sandy.
Finally just to say that the best thing you may say to us is that you will come back here at some point. So then, we are very happy and that means that the job has been done properly.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
Sincerely
Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Me and my partner (both 18) stayed at this hotel between 22nd - 29th of July. First of all, the hotel itself is gorgeous and really nicely decorated - one of the nicest I have stayed in and if it wasn't for a few minor problems we agreed that we probably would return.

As we booked our holiday quite late, we were able to purchase a 'large family room' for only an extra £50 which was great!! although there are only 2 of us, we love space and we definitely got that.. our room was MASSIVE! with a separate living room and a huge balcony, again the décor was gorgeous. The only thing I have to complain about is how we came back one day and found 2 men in our room building a 'pull down' bed - it would have been nice to have been informed that this was happening due to privacy and the fact they sent us away until they were finished!!

The food was good although we aren't that fussy anyway; my partner loved the pancakes in the morning and the mashed potatoes at night! However, by the end of the week the hotel was full and queues were beginning to get ridiculous so we waited until 9pm for our dinner in order to avoid the rudeness of other guests pushing past etc. The VIP restaurant was well worth a visit but I don't think we were posh enough ha ha ha.

The pools were great but the sunbeds situation is a JOKE. We have never experienced anything like it before and actually saw people record it on cameras at their balconies. People queue at the pool to grab sunbeds at 8am when the area doesn't even open until 9am. By 10 past 9, there are no sunbeds all day, it was shocking - I don't think the hotel is at fault though, people need to realise that their 3 year old child does not need a sunbed and that a group of 10 do not need 10 bloody sunbeds - RIDICULOUS and extremely selfish.

My last moan is the late check out option; we went to reception twice during the week to reserve a late checkout and were told it wasn't available until the morning of checkout so I got up early on the day of departure to then be told there was no rooms available (why have this option in the first place?) and that we could book a time slot and use a room to shower etc. We got room 703 and I warn you now.. it is DISGUSTING! the smell is unbearable due to the damp issue in the bathroom right above the shower and flies were feeding off it, how they can give that room to a paying guest is beyond me!! Also the rubbish, cheap hairdryer overheated after 2 minutes which was a huge pain in the bum considering my hair reaches the bottom of my back! After using the room as fast as possible we then left and found a HUGE cockroach outside the room which seriously freaked me out, awful experience.

In conclusion, if it wasn't for the hotel being so busy and the late checkout not being available, we would probably return to this hotel again as it really was lovely. Staff were fab and food/drink was great (I LOVED the orange and lemon slush drinks). The tennis court was a real advantage as well as Costa Teguise only being a 3 Euro taxi away and regular buses available right outside the hotel. I just feel that some problems could easily be resolved although rude guests are a huge factor and need a good slap! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the family block outside - GREAT space for a family of 2/3.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Ref: Mia C
Dear Guests,
First of all I want to thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is really helpful for me and you can be sure that those comments help me and all my staff to keep working and resolve some problem you did mention very wisely.
I am not sure if we could satisfy yourself, as you expected, which is the most important target for me. Thank you for mentioning the staff and very sorry for the bad experience last day with the courtesy room, when hotel is full up, is very difficult for us to remain the guest in the same room as we would like too, but we need to clean a get ready the room for the arrivals, and we only know the exact situation the same day of your departure, due to cancelations, or last time changes it could have. The sewage smell in the room at ground floor is really a problem, as it does not happens all the time and is from an external problem concerning the tides and the wing.
I do not want to make any excuse about all the comments you have made, and they are for me a list of improvement in short period time.
I know you will not coming back to this hotel, but I really hope that Lanzarote has make some difference on your usual holidays and you will be back to the Island.
I cannot forget to thank you for your concern and for the chance you gave us as you state on the title of the review, thank you for that sentence. We will try to resolve all the problems.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just returned from the Be Live last night and just had to share this. Usually when we go abroad the Hotel staff go out their way to solve problems or issues which may arise but not at this Hotel. Reception staff were shockingly rude. They refused to cash Travellers Cheques (what Hotel abroad does not offer this service!!). Also when I saw the size of the tiny camp bed my son was expected to sleep in I asked for a larger bed but they stated that as my son was 8 years old he would be expected to sleep in this! If your child is the size of 0-3 years then it is perfect but it is so small and low that on many occasions he fell out onto the floor in the middle of the night. I certainly didn't pay over £2000 for my son to sleep in such a small inadequate bed.
Alas no one was prepared to help me have this resolved. In fact the Receptionist stated on the hotel phone that she could not help me further and hung up on me! Talk about rude!
Also if you want to sit by the kids pool and watch your child play be prepared to not be allowed a sun bed. They think more of their grass than of the safety of families. We were told that no sunbeds would be allowed around the pool apart from about 12 on a concrete slab further off the poolside which filled up very quickly and we had no chance of ever even getting one! You are expected to lie on the grass on your towel, Fine if you are young I suppose but is not comfortable at all! We were told we were able to ask to request late check out for our room on the day of departure. Ours wasn't available and we were given a time to use the courtesy room. DO NOT USE IT IF IT IS ON FLOOR 7!!! Absolutely stinks of S*** definite problem with the sewage in that hotel especially on the lower ground which is strangely called floor 7! I was nearly sick with the stench. About time the Hotel brought in RENTOKIL, Disgusting. We had a friend follow us to the lift a lovely BIG cockroach the colour of S***, so obviously having a great meal down there!! So basically if you want nowhere to sit, your kids in inadequate beds, smelling poo all through your holidays with some very unfriendly and useless receptionists this is the Hotel for you!!

Room Tip: You won't get a choice, Receptionists think they own the hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Ref:J Carol H
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for writing your comments and you can be sure that we do appreciate very much the time of dedication. I could see that we could not satisfy you here, and I do not want to make any kind of excuse, just to apologies, mostly for the attitude you found in my staff, that is the last thing we want to show to our guests and I beg you pardon if you had that sensation.
As per a bank internal rules we cannot exchange traveller cheques, is just a policy, and I know is a bad starts, after that during your stay we had to remove the sunbeds from the grass and move them to the main swimming pool, many guests like the grass to lying with the towels, but not you and I do understand your position. I did try to explain to you, and I think I never was rude, but I could not understand the point of safety for your children if I move the sunbeds, any how it was your thought and I respect.
I am sorry for the extra bed as well, you did not mention to me, and hotel was full and only those extra bed are available for a third person.
Nothing to say about the cockroach, just that is a little animal that lives in this island, we will never be able to get rip of them , just to control them and keep them away, but some time some just passed the barrier , even more now in July and August.
I know you will not came back to this hotel, but if you ever think to came back to Lanzarote, just let me know, and the named the hotel, I promise I will speak with the manager there and you can be sure you will have a very good holidays.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we returned at the beginning of July after spending 2 weeks at this lovely hotel. The hotel is wonderful there is massive windows that let in so much light which is inviting. The structure and décor is great, very modern. We worried that with being further out of Costa Teguise we may get bored as we are between the ages of 19 and 22, but the hotel entertainment in the day kept us busy whilst at the hotel. My boyfriend and my friends boyfriend played water polo and football everyday and made friends with the entertainment team and other guests which was great. I took part in water aerobics when it was on although it wasn't on everyday at the time it stated on the board which was slightly disappointing for myself as i'm more active, although there is a decent gym which is nice and spacious in the hotel for those that are more active, and I recommend going for a morning run along the promenade towards Costa Teguise the views of the sea is lovely. Costa Teguise isn't too far away, the walk is lovely anyway so you wont even mind how long it takes, there is beaches and fun gym equipment to try along the way. The food in the hotel was nice, yes a little boring after 2 weeks, but there is definitely something for everyone, including myself as i'm a bit of a health freak, the snack bar is decent for lunch aswell and a change of scenery. It would be nice to have more than one all inclusive restaurant as being in the same place is boring. The bedrooms are lovely I think me and my boyfriend had one of the better ones as we were right on the end on the 4th floor so we heard hardly any noise as no one was above us and we had more of a view, our friends had some one above them and said it was noisy. However the wardrobe and his and hers sinks being in a separate room is ace we loved it. Entertainment at night wasn't amazing for us but we are young and so we often went to costa Teguise or Peurto del Carmen, they have now started doing a bar crawl ask your rep if your interested it was good! The live music outside by the pool bar at the hotel was the best night time entertainment we would have drinks and happily sit and listen all night. Trips are a bit of a rip off to be honest, the only one id recommend is the catlanza boat trip, we snorkelled had free drinks, food, and went on a jet ski it was very good. Texas Rancho is better to organise yourself as on the trip they made us stay there for 6 hours you definitely cannot stay that long we did it all in 2 and then were bored. Also timafaya national park is cheaper to do yourself, there is only one thing that you have to do by coach only and its not even that good. Id recommend hiring a car and exploring the island for yourself we saw the national park twice and going with the car we found better you come across things you wouldn't with a coach trip.By the pool it does get busy and the lifeguard will remove your towels if you don't return after 45 minutes as he did to us but its pretty easy to get another sun bed throughout the day and he helped us find one. We were actually surprised to see how many couples were there our age it was nice to have younger people there. Overall we found all of the hotel staff friendly and fun especially the entertainment team Thierry, Yanick, Pauina and Steeveen, we had a lovely holiday we would come back to the hotel again it catered for everyone, relaxing, being active, the weather was great and food and drink whenever we wanted it was a very good hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms have a wider view. All rooms however have a pool view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ref: Rachel C
Dear Guests,
Being a young couple, sometime we are not very sure if will be able to accomplish with your expectation, that is way we try that the entertainment team works well and make is job as better as possible. Thank you very much for mentioning them with their names, your comment help me to motivate them a little bit more and of course try to improve the night time…
I am very pleased you liked the island and its excursions, thank you for your promotion, is a nice island and our main target is try to make people came back, even if is to another hotel, but obviously if is to this one again, we feel very proud and happy as that means that the job has been done properly.
I am very grateful for your review and your concern with us.
I really hope to be able to serve you again here at some point if so.
Please receive my bet regards
Yours sincerely
M.O.

Been to Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!