“Certainly not a 4 star property food diabolical noisy.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort

Save Saved
You added Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Del Mar s/n, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 41 hotels in Costa Teguise
“Certainly not a 4 star property food diabolical noisy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Well this hotel was a let down, how First Choice can sell this as a Premier property I do not understand.having stayed at The Playa De Arena hotel in Tenerife on a number of occasions same grade of hotel well there is no comparison to these hotels. Yes the reception area looks nice when arrived but possibly best feature - we were very disappointed with the rooms very basic, I think they have tried to be a modern minimalist hotel but there is a difference between that and doing things in the cheap!
There was blood on our bathroom floor from day 1 and that was still there on our departure?
We were allocated Room 13 I am not usually superstitious but lets just say that probably didn't help lol!
First night - no sleep - this was due to people messing around in the pool at 2am and then a champagne bottle being thrown from hotel to the people in pool I do not class this as acceptable behaviour and this was from the Brits - phones down to reception and was told yes yes - eventually noise dispersed .
Was advised had to be up early to guarantee sun bed which is standard so we did this but couldn't understand then why tickets were being given out if you were not on sun bed when there were plenty more in stacks at the side of hotel? Surely they were there to be used and everyone should be allowed a sun bed???
First choice states 5 pools - wrong 1 very small children's pool and then an adult pool which is split into 2 one side being heated other not -closed one afternoon due to someone pooing in pool. This does happen I understand but again parents should be organised and have swimming nappies
Thankfully only a week at this hotel as not one good night sleep very inconsiderate people smashing doors scraping chairs along floor shouting down corridors - this was also in early hours morning 3am so not even when entertainment finishing.
The food well ok if you like tripe and all meals to be cold - the Friday of our stay last night only hot meal - O and if you had omelette in morning this was hot.
Overall a very poor hotel entertainment was atrocious and certainly worst I have seen many people walking out

This is the first holiday I have been on where I have wanted to return home after 2 days.

I would advise any one to rethink this before booking

• Stayed June 2013
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am terrible sorry for such a bad experience you have had in this hotel. You can be sure that is not what we want and our target, just give top the guest what they expect and a little bit more. It is obvious that on your case we could not do it.
Your review nevertheless will help me very much to make a bigger control on the areas and try that the behave of others guest and ourselves as well do not disturb at all the relax and holidays time of the rest of clients that wants a little of calm and nice time.
Very sorry ended and there is nothing I could say except that if you by any reason will came back here or to any hotel in Lanzarote, just let me know and I promise I will do the best to avoid any trouble on your stay, and if you go somewhere else I will speak to the manager of the hotel you choose to give you special treatment.
Receive my best regards
Yours sincerely

1,088 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay at this hotel. As I was worried about all the negative reviews on here about this hotel before we went but didn't have bothered. the Hotel is a lovely modern looking hotel and only 20 min coach ride from the airport. check -in was quick and easy with the reception staff speaking fleuent english.
Upon entering our room (703) ground level floor, there was a slight smell of stagnent water/sewage as said in previous comments. This smell is only slight! and is clearly a problem of that side of the island as it was also smelt during our walk into Coast Teguise. having said this it is unoticable after 30 mins.
Shower is amazing so much so we missed it when we got in our shower at home!
Food is amazing! Plentiful and fresh! Always a lot of choice.
Pool side bar is open from 10am untill late serving a range of spirits and vodka slushies! Local Beer is on tap to help your self as is branded soft drinks (coca-cola, Fanta, sprite)
As with most hotels you'll need to reseve your sun lounger in order to get one. But there does not seem a need to get up ridiculosly early to reserve (There were also planty of beds when we went down for breakfast at 7.30-8am)
Hotel seems to care about the time you have there as there we're several people brought in to the hotel. One night there was a reptile show with the chance to have your photograph taken with a snake, and another night a parrot show was put on also with a chance to have your photo taken holding the parrots!
During one of the days a group of ladies came in and put on a fashion show around the pool and then stayed for about 1 hr to allow you to purchase the beachwear and dresses they were modelling.
We only went to the evening entertainment once, but the night we went they had hired professional acrobats which were very good!
The hotel also provides a sun care advisor who is there most days for around 30 mins to give you free advice on the best ways to keep safe in the sun and achieve the best tan. she was very friendly and helpful with advice on how to clear up and prevent my severe prickly heat.
There is also a small shop and taxi ranks and bus stops right outside the hotel.

Overall this is a very good all inclusive hotel. We did to feel the need to leave the hotel for anything. ALL the hotel staff are extremely freindly. I can only assume the people writing negative remarks did not go to the same hotel!

Ref: cooperchri
Dear Guests,
I want to thank you very much for your nice review and we feel very happy to know that we could give you what you expected and a little bit more. Thank you very much for mentioning the staff on your review at the end, is the most important for me.
I am also glad that you appreciated the service we contact for the suntan care, as many guest do not know how bad the sun can be if the exposure is too long here, and with the wind some time you do not realize.
Sorry for the sewage smell, as you say is something we try to avoid and control, but some days in particular very difficult as we do not exactly where it came from.
I appreciate your concern and what you say about others review, but all are welcome and has to be of help for me and a challenge were are not too good.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here at some point .
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were actually placed in the wrong hotel, we should have been in the Be Live Grand. This not a dissapointment at all, or the Hotels fault.

The rooms are very moden and the revamp has done it justice, the staff were helpful and very nice. The cleaning lady works her behind off and keeps your room spotless!!

The pool areas were fantastic and no issues with a bed if you are early enough to resrve on and if your not ask one of the pool staff and they will sort you a bed there and then. They do not like you to reserve beds if your not goin to be there and will remove your towels if need to be for other guests which is fare!

The food was brilliant and for anyone that can;t find something to eat here are talking out of their backsides. There's fresh fish, chicken, pork and veal being cooked in front of you also some are on hot plates as normal, the salad bar is fresh and lots to choose from, you get veg and potatoes and chips all lunch times and evening meals. I would just advise that you have a good look at what they got on offer as there's so much. Also the pool bar offer snacks from 10am till 5.30 - 6 ish!! Burgers hot dogs chips, chicken nuggets, toasties fruit cakes and you just help yourself!!!

The drinks are fab! Beers, wine soft drinks you just help yourself and service for the spirits.

The only thing was the location, its about 2.5 miles out of the main town, a nice 30 minute walk, or 3.50 euro in a taxi!! We will be returning to this hotel in September or October!!

A real wonderful stay for all types, Families, couples of all ages!! Those who are looking to go here with family, the entertainment staff are fantastic withthe children and will do their upmost to keep your children entertained. They offer a few competions to the adults too, darts pool zumba water eurobics and all sorts like that. there's entertaimnet most night in the small room under the main hall, which i think was silly due to there not being much room or having a bar down there, but we were told that other guests had complained about the noise, silly really as its normally over by 11.00 and really should be expected, I think that the entertainment should be in the big hall!!

Also there;s a real good gym on site and ill be taking my trainers next time and iv put on 5lb :( lol...there';s a spa but i didn;t use this so i can coment, but if it's like the rest of the hotel im sure it will be lovely!

So thanks to all at the Be Live......see you all soon!!! Happy Days. :-)

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely, but our view was of the power plant....not the best but if your after a s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Ref: Heather P
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for taking the time in writing your comments and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, Your comments are very nice and when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
The best thing you may say to us is that you will come back here at some point. So then, we are very happy and that means that the job has been done properly.
Thank you for mentioning the staff and for your translation into Spanish, very much appreciated.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here if you came in septembre or october please let us know as we have special care with our regulars guets.,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and to put it politely i couldn't wait to get home. Upon arriving I was really impressed with the hotel and was really excited and thought I had picked a winner. How wrong was I? Check In was very brief and the staff couldn't get rid of us quick enough giving us a limited amount of information. The room itself was really fresh and modern with twin wash basins and the bed was really comfortable but the smell in the toilet was horrendous. It smelt of sewage the whole time we were there and we were literally gagging. The shower floor was rusty and there was nowhere for you to put your toiletries once you were in there. After being there a week I went up to my room to fetch something but my key would not work and I thought I was doing something wrong. I went down to reception and the guy casually said that after a week they have to be renewed but we were not told any of this information. Finally I have saved the worst for last. The food was absolutely awful. I go to 4 star hotels three times a year and this is the worst food I have ever seen and tasted. The choice was poor, it would run out but not be replaced for another ten minutes and the combination of foods was awful. Bananas in cheese! Also if you are expecting entertainment in the evening then you had better like bingo. The bar area had music playing in the evening whilst there was a live singer outside. You could here both simultaneously and then to top it off there was bingo at least three times a week. Just what I want at a 4 star hotel! Occasionally there was a professional show but it was downstairs in a dingy little room which we called the dungeon because that is what it felt like. I usually return to a lot of hotels but I can safely say I will never return to this one.

Room Tip: Do not choose a low floor. Smelly bathrooms and surrounding area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Ref: Helen b
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for you review, I am really sorry to see from your opinion that we could not give you the service you expected, and we could not reach my most important target, that is make you to come back here. I am really sorry for the sewage smell in your room, there is a problem some days but we always try to move guest to a higher room if availability allow us to do it, and about the food, we try to have a variety and good quality and some plate are local ( like bananas with cheese ) and some people like it, and other don t of course, is difficult to please everyone but we try very hard to do it. Anyhow you can be sure that your comments are very useful for me, and I have noted them carefully, the shower, the problem with the key door...
Thank you again for your visit I really mean it and I hope that you return at least to the Island to any hotel you choose and you have a satisfactory stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 week stay at be live . First impressions of the hotel are amazing . Very modern and clean. Being a young couple (aged 18-19) we were worried about how we would be treated by the hotel staff and wondered if they would see us as naive and not provide us with the service they would with others . However this was not the case and from the minute we walked in the doors we were greeted at reception and everything was explained to us in very fluent English. After a quick and trouble free check in we arrived at our rooms and once again were amazed by how clean and modern it was , and also amazed by our lovely sea view. The rooms have cable tv , although most channels are in Spanish there is a setting on the remote that allows you to change the language to English as most channels is just Spanish voice over. As for all inclusive the food was nice , there was always something to eat. Entertainment was good aswell. This hotel certainly does cater for everybody .. Families , young kids , younger couples , older couples , groups of friends . I'd like to thank everybody at be live for making my first holiday with my girlfriend a great one and if returning to lanzarote would definitely be staying here again .

• Stayed May 2013
Marino O, Gerente at Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Ref: Mac180808
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your good review and you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern, Your comments are very nice and when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
Thank you for the translation in to Spanish, very much appreciated and also for mentioning the staff, is very important for me, and they can make a difference in a hotel.
The best thing you may say to us is that you will come back here at some point and so I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. Stayed first 2 weeks June & wish it was longer. Rooms were cleaned & towels changed every day & maids were very pleasant. Food was excellent, always hot & a good variety, especially liked the breakfast with fresh omelettes & pancakes. Chef called Ezequiel was very pleasant on hot plate. Good range of entertainment during the day. Entertainment team very pleasant & not pushy. Bar staff were all pleasant as all the staff I came into contact were. Proper coke & soda water was great to have also. The only slight snag was the evening entertainment was in the lower function room which had no bar & seats weren't that comfortable, but apparently too many guests had complained about the noise from the bar/lounge were it used to be.Can't please everyone..Anyway we loved the hotel & will be back for definate..We have stayed 3,4 & 5* before & this was the best yet overall.

Ref: sblack 7
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you very much for your nice review and your concern, your mention to all the staff and in particular to Ezequiel at the show cooking make us very happy, and you can be sure that helps me to motivate them and keep working for you every day.
I will let him know immediately and he is going to be very happy…
As I always say, the best thing we can get from anyone is make them to wish to return to the hotel, which means the job has been done properly and that is what we looking for.
Finally, a big big thanks for the named of the review, I think that "Fantastic" is a beautiful word, not very sure if we deserve it, but very much appreciated, thank you.
I hope to be able to serve you any other time here at some point.
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have just returned from 11 nights in this great modern hotel. I have read negative reviews regarding food etc. the food selection is excellent for all inclusive and I have tried many. If you are a fussy eater or have al a cart tendencies then I'm afraid all inclusive for £700 is not for you, I however think its fantastic value for money and would happily return again.
Special mention for the entertainment team of luca, Paulina, liga & yannick. The two Jays were more than entertained for our 12 days.........
On the downside I think the hotel should put a bar in the basement entertainment room as this is where most of the evening entertainment is held, it can also get quite hot, people would stay down there if there was a bar. There are also no iron or iron board facilities for guests to use, only laundry service. If I'd known I would have brought my own as I couldn't wear alot of my shirts as they were too creased.
95% of rooms are sea view
There is car hire next to the hotel which is very reasonable
The wifi in the hotel is 7 euro per day however it is rubbish and I would suggest going to a local bar/cafe buy a drink and use their wifi for free.
Definitely a recommended place to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ref: Jonatham T
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for a good review, you can be sure that we do appreciate your concern. Your comments are very nice and when we realize that we have given a nice time to someone here in this hotel we feel very good and is what make our job special and the strength to keep working every day for you.
Thank for mentioning the entertainment Staff with Luca as the chef, I will let the know immediately. That help me to motivate them , Thank you.
Sorry for the misunderstanding about the ironing, we do have and ironing and washing service for the guests, and also you can hire an iron and board if you wish.
Finally just say that we are working for a new Wi-Fi system, as I do agree that this one is given is many trouble’s.
The best thing we can read if when you say that you will be coming back at some point here, I hope to be able to serve you any other time here,
M.O.

Been to Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!