“Lovely Lanzarote” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort

You added Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Del Mar s/n, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Suffolk
“Lovely Lanzarote”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel from the 25th of Sept to the 2nd of October and we thoroughly enjoyed our week.

We actually booked a superior sea view room but I am not sure what difference it made, all rooms are newly refurbished with comfy (firm) beds, great bathrooms, storage and lots of space. We had a pool and sea view from the big balcony which also looked over the desalination plant but to be honest it didn't bother us and I think it is something that is vital to the island so a non-issue really.

The room also had a big TV with a couple of UK channels mostly news and a fridge to keep drinks cool. We did have to pay for the safe which was a couple of euros a day but if you have gadgets etc it is well worth it!

Whilst at the hotel we did have an issue with our aircon not working, this was linked to the patio door not closing correctly and it did take a couple of calls to reception, however once the guy came up to fix it we were very pleased with the effectiveness of it, also the blackout curtains in the rooms helps to keep the room cool while you are out.

We ate in the buffet numerous times and apart from our first night I have to say the food was very good, I felt the more local dishes were the strongest – really tasty but the salads, pasta dishes and the freshly grilled meat and fish were lovely as well. My other half had the paella a number of times and said it was really excellent. Most lunches we also chose the main restaurant, again lovely food, different every day. Snack food outside was warmer than previous reviews mentioned but the quality was not great, whilst we were there they did vary a bit day to day from a selection of burgers, hotdogs, calamari rings, salt cod, chicken bites and fish bites – you could always make cheese and ham toasties and there was salad and chips available every day.

Drinks choice was actually good for us, I really enjoyed the dry Spanish Cava which is poured from the bottle and the self serve red and rose were drinkable. I found Irish Cream to be included and actually nicer than Baileys (especially in a coffee) and I really liked the honey rum served on ice.

A few cocktails are included and I would say the ones from the evening indoor bar are better than the pool bar as they use pre-mix. There are slushies available for either cocktails or soft drinks.

Finally if you want bottles of water you need to get these from the evening bar as the pool bar directs you to a self serve water fountain.

The areas around the pool and hotel were all kept very clean, all staff were friendly with an hola at the ready and we felt very relaxed quite quickly, as we went out of school holidays it was easy to get sun beds and we particularly liked the shaded seating areas by the outdoor bar to sit and read and have a drink before and after dinner. Regarding the heated pool I tried both and could discern a slight difference, believing the pool closest to the tennis courts. On hot days neither were freezing anyway.

Out and about, the hotel is a bit isolated from the town, it is a good 30 minutes walk in to the centre but this is along a lovely promenade, Taxis are also very reasonable (3-4)Euros and I totally recommend going in to eat at some of the lovely restaurants and do some people watching, food and drinks in town were very reasonable and both nights we went in there was live music and a nice buzz. Going further afield is also brilliant, we hired a car for 2 days and went to Playa Blanca, Rubicon Marina, Papagayo Beach, Timanfaya NP, Rio del Mirador and Jameos Del Agua, the island is stunning and very easy to drive around, have your camera ready!

Over all we had a great holiday for what was a very reasonable cost. The hotel is great as a base and they do offer daytime entertainment and evening shows of which some were better than others. They also have kiddies play area, tennis courts, mini golf, archery, riffle shooting, darts and access to a lovely sheltered bay with some good snorkeling.

Sorry for such a long review, and thanks for reading

Thanks to all at Be Live Lanzarote!

Room Tip: request a sea view and high floor - if you don't want to be disturbed by evening entertainment a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Polish first
Dudley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here 4th Oct 2012 with girlfriend for 7 nights all inclusive. Room overlooked the tennis court showing the pool and sea. Pool was heated for about 3 days of stay. Outside snack bar, served paella, hotdogs, burgers, chips, chicken drummers every day. Breakfast was ok, however lunch and evening meals were terrible, seemed like they were recycling food into different dishes or stuffing peppers on the evening with the left over pork from lunch, every dish (about 6 on lunch, 9 on evening) contained either fish, chicken or pork.

Never again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend (Early-mid 20's) stayed in the Be Live from 26th September to 3rd October.

To start the week, we were happy to find that the transfer to the hotel was a 15minute drive and also the 1st stop on the journey ( I realise that's nothing to do with the hotel but its always a nice bonus to start the week )

Upon arrival I was very impressed with the interior of the hotel, as soon as you walk in, you are met with a very modern, clean reception - a massive open plan design. The reception resembles something you would see in a fairly high standard British hotel, so I was already fairly impressed. The receptionist was very quick and efficient in getting us checked in with no problems at all. We had arrived at 1pm but unfortunately the room would not be ready until 2, so they gave us a room behind reception to store our cases, gave us our all inclusive bands and said we were welcome to go for a drink, explore or get some lunch... so we did all 3 (which I'll go on to a bit later)

About 1:45pm we went back to reception and our room was ready for us, quicker than they had originally said. We were given room 609, upon booking we had requested a sea view room and after inspecting the room we were happy to see that they had followed the request.

The room was great, the balcony was huge, the bathroom was clean and the 'walk in wardrobe' was brilliant, a "his ans her" sink and 2 large sliding wardrobes. The shower was great, the only issue was if you angled the head wrong, the water did escape and soak the floor.. Not an issue though, simply put a towel down (as there was a spare)

The beds were possibly the only disappointment, we had asked for a double but got 2 singles which if you were to lie close to each other the beds would slide apart, entertaining but not practical. But, they were still comfy and at the end of the day, after the heat of the day, I didn't mind being in my own bed :-)

After unpacking and relaxing (around 3pm) we decided to go explore the pool and catch the last bit of the days sun, we were pleasantly surprised to find that even that late in the day we managed to get 2 sunbeds, pretty easily next to the pool. Sunbeds are pretty good, all (that we saw) in good condition. The pools were large and clean. Both are salt water. One is heated and one is not, the unheated pool (the one we both used) was cold when you jumped in but quickly got use too it, and if your like me and can only take the heat for limited time before giving up, its a nice quick cool off.

The bar by the pool was a self service bar for lager, sangria, wines, soft drinks and water. Self service..brilliant idea! I never once had to queue on my holiday! If you wanted drinks with spirits you were able to get them but had to be served. Once again I never saw any queues and the couple of times I used that side of the bar I was served relatively quickly, it usually only had one member of staff serving and they were also responsible for cleaning the tables around the pool seating area so they occasionally left you waiting a minute or two but nothing worth moaning about. The drinks are served in plastic cups, but around a pool that is the best option and the cups are a decent size and you can have as many as you like (well, as many as you can carry)

Food - Throughout the entire week the menu never changed drastically, the food was good, I wouldn't say brilliant but certainly edible and we never went hungry. The hot food was sometimes cooling, but lets face it, they are cooking for the masses and unless you get it straight away its obviously going to cool slightly. There was never a queue or a lack of food in the canteen area. We came down to eat at the start of service and at the end of service on different days, regardless the service was the same.

We did eat out, not due to the food being bad but as it was repeated we wanted a change.

Pool bar food - Not to the same standard as the canteen area, but if your mid sunning yourself and want a quick snack to keep you going there is always a selection of foods you can choose from.

Just to mention, a couple of reviews have referred to the eating area as being like a school dinner hall. I can understand this view but the waiters/waitresses are always quick to clear the tables and re-lay with clean napkins and cutlery, they cannot get that volume of people through to eat and give a Michelin start service. It really isn't that bad.

Entertainment - We actually quite enjoyed it, some of it was a bit questionable, but on the whole, pretty good. Word of warning, if you want to get a decent seat to watch the entertainment, get to Dinner early, eat and then go straight to the main bar, it fills up quick, even at the time of year we went.

The evening bar - nice, this is not self service but I waited a maximum of 1 minute, served in proper glass, (and the glasses were always clean) Fresh cocktails as well :-)

We ventured out a couple of times into Costa Teguise €4 taxi, as you are heading out, mention to the reception you want a taxi and they will get one outside in minutes!

5 min drive and your there (ask to be taken to "The Square" a nice selection of restaurants and bars to choose from - if you like Steak go to "La Divina" or something like that, and the cocktail bar next door (pirate theme) brilliant bar!

Hotel entertainment during the day - everything you might expect, archery, shooting, football, basketball, tennis, dancing, aqua aerobics and water polo. I joined in quite a few of these and had a good laugh. Can be slightly annoying when the entertainment team are coming round looking for people to join in, but they are only trying to do there jobs and they are very friendly so just have a chat and they will leave you alone. Talk to them nicely and they give you advice on places you should visit!

It is a family hotel, so you do get some children running around, they do run a kids club so I didn't really see any kids during the day, but again, if this bothers you, you should probably book a Adult only hotel. The only times you saw or heard the kids were during meal times.

Lets not forget that my experience was late September/October, I imagine that peak times the hotel can get manic but I can't comment on that.

Oh and forgot to mention, our room was cleaned daily and towels replaced almost every day (the day they weren't was the day we had hung them back up neatly)

Overall a brilliant week, not a perfect 5* week but I didn't pay 5* money. For what we paid, and what we got I am more than happy and would happily return should I return to Lanzarote.

Late September - Quite cloudy, 28degrees average, had a little bit of rain - Girlfriend still got a brilliant tan!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room - very nice, the higher the floor the better the view
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have now been to this hotel eleven times and are due to fly out on the 1st November 2012 for another fantastic two weeks have never had a bad experience, we cannot wait to fly out to see this brilliant hotel again on the 1st.
The hotel is approx 20 years old now and is open 365 days a year and has just had a massive refurbishment and we cannot wait to see how it looks now as it was not that bad before, it was just a bit tired.
The hotel is a horseshoe shape so virtually every room gets a sea view but some of the rooms do have a view of the water purification plant that is about 2 miles away on the coast line, but this should not stop you going to this hotel as you should only be getting changed or sleeping in the room as the pool area is fantastic and so are the beaches.
Of course you have read that the hotel is All Inclusive, that means all the food and drinks are in with the price, and there is more than enough of everything to keep you satisfied.
There are four pools, the two main ones are together, one heated and one not, but they are both cold, there is a small child pool and another small pool behind the family annex of the building, this is surrounded by thick green grass and is very quiet and well preserved and a small children's water slide has just been installed.
The head of the entertainment is a great bloke called Jordi, who does not stop working all day, he does the Shooting, Archery, Pool tournaments, Volleyball, Football and loads more and then does the nightly entertainment as well. He is just part of a really good team of people at this hotel.
There is a lovely walkway about 5 minuets from the hotel that passes by the King of Spain's holiday home and this will take you into the centre of Teguise where there are some great restaurants and bars for the special occasions or if you just fancy treating yourselves.
If you are looking for a really relaxing vacation this hotel is for you, there have never been any drunks or yobs stay at this hotel making noise in the times that we have stayed here and if there were then security would have put a stop to it straight away, we have always come away fully refreshed and have made some really good friends and got some very happy memories, i just hope that this years holidays are both as enjoyable as the others we have had here.
We rented a vehicle the last time we were out on Lanzarote as we have done before, they had a special offer on a Saab Convertible for 50 Euro's per day including insurance and no excess mileage charge and we discovered the rest of a beautiful Island, the views are stunning and the beaches are clean and lots of them, we also tried the sights like Timanfire Mountain and The Lost Caves and the best part about them that they love small children so much they did not charge for any of the kids.
If you do get to the island I highly recommend that you get to the Rancho Texas park, it's a small drive but its great for all ages and the bird show is one of the best I have ever seen, the birds near enough touch your head. It now has a massive water park opened last year so take swimwear if you go.
Today is the 15th October 2012 and we have just booked to go back to this hotel next year on the 10th October for another two weeks and I will try and get back even earlier if i can.
I hope that this review has put anybody's mind at ease if you have booked this hotel, you are going to have a wonderful time on a beautiful Island with Fantastic people so enjoy yourselves..!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

stayed at this hotel with my two boys in august 22 Nd for fifteen nights .was very worried after reading hotel reviews . The hotel was called oasis the week before we got there .it changed it name .when you walk in first impression was wow ' it lovely all marble lots of glass and very clean .we were greeted with a warm friendly smile .the room was a bit on the small side but we only changed to this hotel a week before and it was rather full ,but room was of high standard lovely top quality beds flat screen TV and little fridge all in all room was excellent.The view from room was wow, could see the sea and pool view .the pool is really big just right for the size of hotel plus round other side of hotel a children's pool and a baby area by large pool excellent and with life guards who are very good at there jobs .very large dinner which was plenty to choose from even for the fussy eaters very good quality different meats and salads sea food even a little children's area no complaints staff very helpful .My eldest has a nut allergy and was a bit concerned about all inclusive but it was all fine . cleaning staff cleaning all day long so there was no mess entertainment was very good seen some very good acts but you have to get seat early and it does not start till about 930 there is a flute play or a piano play until the acts start .plenty to drink WHILES YOU WAIT . children's entertainer s very good at there jobs lovely people my son did not want to leave as had such a good time with them . there's a v i p dinner which you have to book would recommend a visit excellent services and delicious meal duck in plum sauce to die for and desert wow, and all free compliments of manager what a lovely touch and a lovely end to a lovely hotel and holiday .the area is central with easy bus service to all over the island we visited lots of places just booked on own all very enjoyable Texas rancho ,the volcano trip very long day but well worth a visit the submarine really interesting so clear waters and lots of fish. markets diffidently worth it a good day but get local bus stops twice a morning out side hotel plenty of buses for coming back if there full there put more on .which is great .lots of lovely beaches never used them much with hotel pool being as good all in all would go to this hotel and resort again well worth another visit thank you to all staff for making this holiday extra special. only complaint is not enough English information given on arrival one sheet but mostly in other languages and need tea and coffee facility in rooms and cold drinks in fridge ,more English channels for children all in other languages .

Room Tip: pool view room had sun all day great for reading in the sun on fourth floor nice and quiet . room 42...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
barry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Spent 10 days here from 28th sep - 8 oct and was a little concerned before going having read some negative reviews but me and my husband thought the holiday was great.
We spoke to lots of other holiday makers and a few had been here before the refurb and were not very happy. However if you are looking for a very modern clean hotel with good food and friendly staff spacious rooms all with sea views and are not too bothered with evening entertainment then this hotel is well worth the money
It's located on the outskirts of costa tequise and its a good 20 min walk to the centre but a taxi is only about 4 euros and they are always available outside the hotel across the road
There is a lovely small beach at bottom of the steps and under the tunnel but no sunbeds so we simply sat by the pool and walked down a couple of times a day to feed the fish and swim
Yes you have to put your towels on beds before breakfast if you want a good spot but this was between 8-8.30 although some were earlier
There are two adult pools one freezing and the other quite warm they were always clean
The Buffett always had plenty of choice and seemed a better option than the food at the snack bar at lunch it was always hot and the tables were always clean and well presented although some older people said it looked like ikea!!!!!
VIP restaurant was very good - yes menu is limited but food was fab. You can eat there free the first time and if you want to go again its 8 euro each with wine costing 10-12 euro
Entertainment is rubbish so gave up on that but it's the kind of hotel where if you sit outside in the evening you will end up talking to others and that's your entertainment - great if you smoke too
Rooms were always cleaned everyday no probs at all
Overall had a better than expected holiday and meet some great people and some to avoid!!!!!
Would we go back..........no there's a lot more places to see in the world
Would we recommend.........yes but would avoid school hols as I would imagine it would be hectic

Go with an open mind and don't be put off by the negative reviews as some people like to have a moan about anything also make sure you read about the hotels location so you no what to expect
A great holiday is what you make it and we made the most of it

birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

have just returned after 9nts stay hotel is very modern clean and fresh, we found the food very good with plenty of choice yes somtimes abit cold but you can use the microwave, the vip restaraunt very good 1 stay per wk or 8 uro ex/ nts ,drinks on tap from 10am till 12pm and good choice and with canada dry ginger for the whisky drinkers entertanment ok some nts very good would i return yes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!