“What a rip-off” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
West Cork
“What a rip-off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to Surf Corner because of its reputation as a good vegetarian place to eat. Well, I was sorely disappointed. I ordered a 'Lanzarote wrap' which had tomato, cucumber, lettuce and the soft white Lanzarote cheese. What a meagre meal it was. There was very little filling and the amount of cheese was truly stingy. A funny-tasting pickle did nothing to improve this wrap which cost €6! I reckon the ingredients probably came to €0.50 at the most. What's more, I had ordered a coffee which I thought would cost €1.50. When I got the bill, I was charged €2.70 for it (apparently I had been given a 'large' coffee which I had not ordered). I reckon this is the most expensive coffee you can buy in Costa Teguise. Herbal tea cost €1.50.

Perhaps the other veggie things on the menu would have been better, but I won't be rushing back to find out. If it's German wurst, schnitzel or cake you're after, you'll probably do fine here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Veggie food limited and not as good as before under new ownership”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having been many times before we were disappointed to not find the German owner with white beard who was a great chef and really understood vegetarian needs. The new owners have made it half veggie with a separate hot plate and half German sausage emporium. Truly they are lovely people who bend over backwards to please, but the food is just not a patch on what it was. Great coffee though so not all bad.

Visited December 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“SURF CORNER...superb...try it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Surf Corner...lovely restaurant serving superb tasty and lovely food. Everything cooked freshly when you order and served beautifully by very friendly staff - worth to visit and you will return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotland
“Yummy smoothies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We found this wee place late on in the holiday but we stopped off for a smoothie and it was to die for. Delicious. When we return to the resort we will definitely go back and this time we will sample the food.

• Visited September 2012
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We found this little gem completely by accident and boy was I chuffed!!! I have been to the Canaries a few times and struggle to get anything tasty other than the usual pizza, plain tomato pasta or Spanish Omelette.
Not only was it to my liking, my hubby who is not veggie, also really enjoyed it. While we were there a couple came in who did not realise is was a vegetarian cafe but decided to stay anyway. They both said they really enjoyed their food.
I had the Mexican wraps and my husband had the veggie burger. Both were very tasty and filling. The service was great with everyone speaking very good English and wiling to help.
It is very small and there is nothing really to say about the decor or the seating, the focus was on the food and the service and that is how I like it.
If we were not staying All Inclusive further up the coast, I think I would have eaten there every day!

• Visited October 2012