We had stayed at an Iberostar hotel before which was the reason we chose this hotel. Reading previous reviews we requested a sea view room on the 3rd floor, on arrival we were told this is reserved for families and VIP guests so we were given a 2nd floor room and was promised that this was a good room with a lovely sea view which we had to wait for about 2 hours although we arrived early afternoon. Although clean the furnishings in this room can be best described as 'well used' and was a little disappointing but the view was lovely. The next morning we enquired again about the VIP rooms and were told we could upgrade to the VIP rooms or a Superior Double room for an additional charge and were given a choice of 3 to look at. The room we settled on, 2235, was much better and larger and included a terrace area with Astro turf and a cabana bed & leading straight out to the pool and Jacuzzi area which are in a shared but quite private area (Prestige Star) well away from the main public pools and bars which suited us fine as we needed a quiet break. We got the impression this was a new thing at this hotel. I can't fault the food, there was plenty of choice both hot & cold, and the chefs at the grill will cook anything fresh and to your preference while you wait. We were amused but not surprised to find out that we were the only English guests staying at the time, the majority of the other guests being German(both rude & arrogant but sadly not unexpected). Any constructive criticism to make is that in the Prestige pool area there should be a bucket for wine and champagne also a better range of snacks as they do in the other bars. Overall a good stay and I would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park hotel is an all-inclusive accommodation for families and couples in Fuerteventura. Next to the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas and 200m away from a fine, endless sandy beach. Next to the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas and 200m away from a fine, endless sandy beach. It's one of the most appreciated accommodations for family holidays with children or couples on the island, as the activities organised by the hotel are designed for all ages and all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura