“Sun, nudity and bordom” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SBH Jandia Resort

You added SBH Jandia Resort to your Saves list
SBH Jandia Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Calle Biocho 4, 35625 Playa de Jandia, Pajara, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Playa de Jandia
England
“Sun, nudity and bordom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I bet my title has got a few of you captivated ( especially the nudity part) Well if you like to see 60+ year olds bits and pieces then this is the place to be!
The sun was indeed shining on my weeks stay that me and my family have just returned from today 22nd July 2012. Which is the only good thing I can say about this hotel and the surrounding area.
We arrived late at night so wasn't sup prised that the hotel was quiet but was a little concerned that the receptionist knew very VERY little English..... No biggy I first thought. The next morning we decided to adventure to see what the hotel & island had to offer. I will say one good thing for the hotel, the food for AI is excellent propper English beans at breakfast has to be a plus. The
pool was quiet but clean so seemed good so far....... Then we went to the beach that goes on and on beautiful white sand and crystal blue sea, GREAT I hear you say oh noooo unless you
like your kids to see many a white bottom and masses of mens nether regions!! Now I'm no prude but everything in it's place ( no pun intended) I for one don't agree for dirty old men &women letting everything hang in front of kids stick to your own bloody beaches!!!!!!!

Back to the hotel now this was clean( no air conditioning) and the food good but COME ON some entertainment would be nice I mean even a talking parrot would have done. But noooooo nothing zilch we have never wanted to come home from a holiday due to boredom before ever. Give me a crappy hotel but at least a few English speaking folk to talk to. This hotel do not cater for the English not in any way shape or form nor does the ickle sprinkling of restaurants nearby. Our fellow europeans were nice enough in that we felt safe and there was no trouble but this was deffo not for us!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed at the resort for an all inclusive break in mid June 2012 and had a fantastic time.

The staff cant do enough for you and the all inclusive is excellent, (Beer, Wine, Cava - anything you want anytime you want)

The food was really nice, all sorts of fish, meat and lots of fresh salad, veg, pizza, ice cream - also at meal time you can serve your own Sangria, Beer, Wine at the self serve bar.

The pool was really clean and we never struggled to get a lounger or area to chill out.

We went for a total relax from the hurly burly and that's what we did - but if you wanted to do activities then you could do anything with the activity team :

(football, shooting archery, table tennis, swimming comps, darts, pool, gym - list goes on)

As for the location it is ideal - the local beach is outstanding and the sea is quite warm - honest.

Also lovely walk (5 mins) to the shops, bars and restaurants - if you fancy a bit of buzz.

The only negative is the rooms and the simple reason that they are really dated and really bring the rating down.

However for the price and the fact that we were always out we were not too bothered.

Thanks for a great week, - I highly recommend Jandia as a place and the hotel for excellent value.

Chris

Room Tip: Just be aware the rooms are dated. If your happy with this then excellent break.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tychy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

:) :) :) 3 x smile, 3 x happy face, 3 x relaxation
It is very nice resort – perfect for a week escape from busy, stressful life
It’s not the newest but the value compared to the price you pay for it – is very very good
Excellent food , very friendly staff , good location – close to the beach and to the Morro Jable area which gives you more opportunities to enjoy for example shopping if you get tired of staying on the beach or at the pool area
Animation program is good enough, I think everybody will find something enjoyable
They are very well prepared to have international guests, bike or car rental is available on the spot, most facultative trips are also available directly from the hotel
The only disadvantage is pretty cold water in the pools but it is nothing really important to complain about
I would recommend it to all my friends especially in March / April when it is still cold in Europe and the pricing is very attractive !

Room Tip: there are 2 parts - new one with better rooms but best ocean view is in the old part
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

since the location is lovely, nice view and easy access to the long, sandy beach.The value for money is top : huge buffet-breakfast with tropical fresh fruits and juices, cooking-show, delicious pancakes : the whole lot really and even some little plus like cool Cava ( Spanish Champagne )! Diner offers a nice choice of salads, carved meats ( yes, true!) on demand and some fish dishes. The reception staff is efficient and very helpful, so is the African one of the restaurant. The first standard room I got had an terrible view on a messy parking lot but as soon as I mentioned my desapointment to the Dutch chief of reception, he offered me an apartment with a large terrace and a sea view in exchange. The pool is heated and quite pleasant.Still I'm not too sure all these valuable pros would make up for the very cons.
First this hotel is some kind of a German colony! 99% of the clients are German and some of them, not of the nicest type,rather the "heavy" and lloud...really loud...one. But most of all, at the opposite of the other Jandia locations, there is no security of any kind at night.. The entrance is wide open and it's not the night receptionists, often a young lady, who often stay at the back, who would prevent "unwanted" visitors to get in. Therefore what happened to me and according to "The Guadia Civil" happened before, would not come as a surprise. On the fifht night, while I was asleep in the room, some burglar broke in through the even locked balcony sliding door and took away all I left on the living-room table, phones, Ipad even my beach bag and all that was inside! Since my appartment was on the third floor and was the only one to be broken in, there is little doubt informations about my being alone and having some interesting stuff had been forwarded to whomever...apart of the shock and the fact I was left without any contact for the rest of the holidays, it's more the resentment I felt towards the hotel for not having looked after my security that gave me the worst feeling. So NEVER AGAIN! Better go to the lovely typical fisherman's village of Morro Jable, its sheltered white sandy cove, cosy pensions and wonderful restaurant La Farola del Mar...away from the busy promenade,facing the sea and enjoying the cheerfulness of Italian Denis as well as the best "Zarzuela" ever...at least a real good memory of all this dreadful holiday if any...

Room Tip: Not a "standard room" anyway...sea view or apartment...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Fairlie, Largs, Ayrshire.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I arrived at Jandia Resort @ 21.00 on 9/3/12-and was shown my room-which was awful-tatty and dated, with stains on carpets-not what I expected for a ***+ hotel- and certainly not for what I paid!

I said that I was not at happy- but ,as the hotel was full- I would have to wait till next day- eventually- after being offered 3 other options-which were worse- I was finally transferred to Monica Beach Club, in Costa Calma-what a difference- quality of rooms, and all other things to make a great holiday were fantastic- so at least- my final week was the best out of three!!

To conclude- Jandia Resort is long past its best- and should be closed for a full refurbish- although, it is very clean, and food is great- if you can get past all these rude people who claim their own place, even tho' they are told they can't!!

Room Tip: Monica Beach has an older dated part-but I was lucky to get a new build part to the left, looking at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Essex England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We booked a room and paid the extra for a sea view, and on our arrival we were offered an `upgrade` to an apartment which we thought would be better, but of course it was not, do not accept this, after exploring all the hotel, and there were three made into one, only the rooms in the hotel itself are of an acceptable standard. My tip to anyone booking is any room with a four figure number is going to be in the old sections and the better rooms have three figure numbers.The staff surely know the apartments are not nice, so after asking for a change straight away we were moved the following day.
The food is ok and there is a lot of it. The drinks are also ok. The staff are very good and friendly and the whole hotel is kept very clean.
The beach is lovely and clean and i found on one day there were a lot of jellyfish washed up and on trying a swim in the afternoon was stung, but all other days there were none so a look before a swim would be a good idea.
I would go back to this hotel but only if i could guarantee getting the right room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at the Sunrise Beach Resort, Jandia, for 4 nights during March 2012 on an all inclusive basis.

I arrived at the accommodation 3 hours early, having taken the ferry from Gran Canaria that morning. Although my room wasn’t yet ready the receptionist gave me my magic wristband and suggested I leave my case in storage, and make use of the facilities. I had a tongue like an unmetalled desert road so the gesture was very much appreciated.

The Sunrise Beach resort actually comprises two hotels and several blocks of apartments and I was allocated an aged but adequate apartment, with an unobstructed sea view as requested.

The apartment had a separate bedroom with twin beds and a large lounge/kitchen. The kitchen comprised a two ring hob and a fridge, and although on all inclusive terms it was nice to be able to go to the fridge for the occasional cold beer.

The lounge area also contained two bed/settees making it suitable for at least a family of four. The large patio received the sun for most of the day but alas there were no sunbeds. (It crossed my mind that the mattress from the bed settee would make a very comfortable sun bed ;). There were however lots of vacant sunbeds around the pools.

The apartment was very clean which was consistent with the cleanliness throughout the Sunrise Beach Resort.

The food in the restaurant was more than satisfactory with an array of hot and cold dishes and I particularly liked the self service chilled Cava at breakfast, ideal for DIY Bucks Fizz. I dined at different times each day and was always able to quickly find a table.

An important mention for the staff who were efficient and friendly throughout, from reception to bar and restaurant and the maids that serviced the rooms.

The clientele were predominantly German so it wasn’t common to hear English spoken. There is an ‘Irish’ pub on the promenade a few minutes walk away if you find you want to chat to other Brits.

Also a few minutes walk away is a small but interesting zoo, well worth the entrance fee which gives you unlimited access for a week. If you don’t want to fork out the minimal cost for the zoo, across the road from the apartments, a handful of sesame seeds will attract a gathering of Parakeets who you will be most likely to feed out of your hand and left out of the apartments Chipmunks, who are very willing to take food from your hand.

Overall, the Sun Beach Resort is ideal for a relaxing holiday, very good value for money and in a prime location and is already on my list of places to revisit.

The lack of sun beds aside I find it hard to fault. However, as is the case with most hotels these days they levy a charge for the safe in your room which considering the cost of hotels and apartments should in my view be inclusive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to SBH Jandia Resort? Share your experiences!