“iberostar heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace

You added Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace to your Saves list
Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Las Gaviotas, s/n, 35626 Playa de Jandia, Pajara, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Playa de Jandia
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“iberostar heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was over to island in March and hotel and service were great, so close to a wonderful beach. I holiday in Fuerteventura around 4 times a year as I come over to see friends and lived on the island for 3 years, I had used the spa a few times and loved it, my husband (who has since passed away) and I always stayed in the Faro Hotel as it was so central, but Iberostar is so welcoming and friendly and I find makes me walk further to get to the shops etc. The staff are so helpful and kind. I am over again in July and would like to book Iberostar again. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've just returned after staying at the Iberostar Palace for a week with my daughter, which is now the third time at this hotel. I'm pleased to say it hasn't changed a bit. We checked in quite late in the evening and reception quickly advised us we should go to the restaurant before it closed. That was very welcome after driving down from the airport as we were both very tired. Everyone at the Palace are very friendly that's one of its fantastic important qualities. Our room was located on floor 4, side sea view. The room was great, very comfortable with mini bar, flat screen tv and a nice size balcony. The side sea view was a little disappointing, but the hotel was very busy and we were told we couldn't upgrade. This did not spoil a thing. Great food, great staff, fantastic entertainment, Angelo and team certainly do a great job and the hotel just wouldn't be the same without these great shows.
The hotel and resort of Jandia have something very special and we have enjoyed every stay and have some great memories here. I can't recommend it enough. Thank you Iberostar Palace!

Room Tip: Choose floor 3. Best superior rooms with sea view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Michaela,

We first would like to thank you for your loyalty and trust in our IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace hotel, as well as for the time you spent to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor; we are delighted to read that, once more, you thoroughly enjoyed your holidays with us.

Moreover, we want to express our utmost gratitude for your amazing words towards our staff, as you well say their great attitude, genuine helpfulness and full commitment to ensure that our guests are fully enjoying their stay at our hotel is definitely our main asset; we will certainly not miss this opportunity to congratulate them on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing throughout your stay among us.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read that this was a pleasant aspect of your stay among us.

It is also very enjoyable to read you felt comfortable in the room we accommodated you in; our goal is to provide comfortable and spotless accommodations in unbeatable locations and we thank you for letting us know you were satisfied with yours.

Last but not least, we loved reading your praising comments on our restaurant; at IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read your satisfaction with our buffets.

Thank you again for your valuable time and very kind recommendation to TripAdvisor’s readers; we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warmest Regards,
Croydon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here for a week at the end of March. It was my first holiday with Saga and my first time at this hotel, although I had visited this resort four years ago when I stayed at an inferior hotel.
Judged by food and quality of service, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. It has an excellent location at the north end of a beautiful two-mile stretch of sandy beach. Initially the layout is confusing. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff and is approached by a short access road from the main FV2 dual carriageway from the airport to Morro Jable. The reception is on the 7th floor, but to walk to the resort you don’t leave by the reception: instead you descend to the ground floor of the hotel from where steps, or a sloping walkway, take you to a cycleway and promenade which runs for 2600 metres into the centre of the resort. Thus the hotel, while on the edge of the resort, is much less isolated than the Jandia Princess or Melia Gorriones further up the coast. If you want to walk along the beach, turning right keeps you on sand all the way to Morro Jable: turning left takes you to a rocky headland, beyond which there are some quiet coves which are used by nudists.
My room was in the west side of the hotel, overlooking the FV2, so there was some traffic noise although it was much less than some previous reviews had led me to fear, and I have experienced far more traffic noise at hotels elsewhere (eg in Malta). The sleep quality here was much better than in the Barcelo Jandia where I stayed four years ago.
As other reviewers have noted, this is not the hotel for anyone who wants to be surrounded by other Brits: most of the clients seem to be German. There were 11 Saga guests when I was here and I only heard two non-Saga couples speaking English. And one minor criticism was that the jacuzzi and sauna, advertised in Saga’s brochure, were out of order on the two wet half-days when they might have been useful. However I enjoyed the holiday and hope that Saga keep this in their brochure: I would certainly be interested in coming here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on west of hotel have some traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace; we are glad to read that overall you had a pleasant holiday experience among us.

Moreover we thank you for pointing out the comfort of our rooms as well as our prime location affording direct access to the beautiful beach of Jandia.

The passion for gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our restaurant where our professional Chefs strive to surprise our guests with a high standard gastronomy and the possibility to savor the best of the local cuisine as well as the finest international delights.

Last but not least, we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

Thank you again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at your earliest convenience.

Warmest Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed in the hotel between 18th and 30th March; for us, this was a fantastic escape from the winter. Hotel is what you would expect - lovely, clean, with helpfull stuff. Food - very very good.

We appreciated the possibilities to entertain our 3yr old - the playground, playroom, programm for kids (feeding squirels, crafts,...)

Lonf beach, waves, lovely weather, I'd say it was a very good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The reviews so far are pretty accurate. Yes, the food is wonderful, tempting to overeat. The restaurant staff work extremely hard, clearing plates & replacing the choice of dishes efficiently. For the first time ever, my husband & I took part in the scheduled activities. The animation team, again, worked really hard to make this a fun time & the fact that guests of different nationalities took part added to that fun. In the words of a fellow English guest, the German guests keep the standards high. I quite agree that the hotel is a little tired. That was the impression I got on our arrival. I do hope the hotel management act on comments regarding this issue as a refurbishment in any shape or form would make a great difference. However, this did not spoil our enjoyment of the holiday. What did, was the beds. It has already been said they are rock hard. They are! After four nights of little sleep, I informed the reception staff & they said the chambermaid could change the mattress. This didn't happen as far as I was aware & I resorted to sleeping tablets which I keep for emergencies. Also, the room's soft furnishings were definitely not 4* standard. The net curtain was ripped in several paces & the bedding consisted of a sheet & an itchy blanket plus old cover. I treated myself to a massage which was a good experience except the room was a little cold. The one lift to take us from our first floor room to 7th floor reception was, at times congested. We used the stairs as we are, fortunately, able bodied but I can see this could be problematic for older guests. Free wi fi is something else the hotel should consider providing in this day & age.

Room Tip: Perhaps a third floor room as it is equidistant from the hotel facilities. I am glad we paid the ext...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Jeanette,

Thank you for your insights following your recent visit to our IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace; we always look for ways to improve and your comments are crucial to our future success.

We took good note of your comments on our hotel and passed them on to our central office in charge of the budgeting for refurbishments for them to study the possibility to renovate our hotel in the near future.

Clearly a basic function in any hotel is to facilitate a restful and convenient night sleep; we sincerely apologize for not being able to find a suitable solution on the spot and be assured that your comments are being followed up by our management onsite in order to revise and improve.

On the other hand, we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our gastronomy offer because in IBEROSTAR we know that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

Moreover we are very happy to read that “for the first time ever” you and your husband took part in the many daily activities organized by our animation staff and that it actually was a pleasant aspect of your stay at our hotel.

Once more, thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting Fuerteventura; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and remain at your entire disposal through our call center to help you choose your next IBEROSTAR destination within more than 100 hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I think previous reviews have summed this hotel up well. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. German is certainly the second language so if, like us, you only speak English this is something to get used to. The clientele are largely older but we didn't find that an issue as it made for a quiet and relaxing week. We used the physio and osteopath on site and found them to be very good. It was nice to be able to have more than just a simple massage. The food in the restaurant was plentiful and varied. I am a very picky eater but I ate well (too well). The gyms are dated and could do with more modern equipment and air conditioning! It's just a short walk to the beautiful beach. We also took a leisurely walk to the main shopping area along the very well designed coastal path. Easy and very well designed. We had a sea view room which was nice. We had a twin bed rather than the single we ordered. My only negative is that you have to pay for everything as they are seen as extras (eg Wifi and safe) but they weren't hugely expensive. You can also use any of the other Iberostar hotels on the site. We used the Chinese massage which was good but expensive I thought. Overall it was a very pleasant holiday. Very relaxing. Beautiful scenery. Good food and lovely people. We'd go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Caroline,

Thank you very much for choosing our IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura hotel and for the time you spent to share these lovely comments on your stay.

We are very pleased to read that you felt well cared after by our staff throughout your stay and we thank you for pointing out their genuine kindness and helpfulness.

Moreover, the passion for gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our restaurant where our professional Chefs strive to surprise our guests with a high standard gastronomy and the possibility to savor the best of the local cuisine as well as the finest international delights.

Last but not least we are glad that you appreciated our prime location, right on the seafront and within a short walking distance to the shopping area.

Thank you once again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; we are very pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant holiday among us and would be delighted to welcome you back at your earliest convenience.

kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We arrived 26 th feb for 10 days first visit loved the area bit of a journey from airport but that was fine enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and lovely choice of food we were half board there is a spar about 5 mins away wine is 2 .80. Same bottle in hotel 20 euros. It's up to you I hope to return next year weather was gorgeous : )

• Stayed February 2014
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace and for sharing your feedback on your holiday experience among us; we are glad to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Moreover, we thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of your accommodation because this is an aspect of primary importance for IBEROSTAR and we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is a fundamental condition for our guests to feel comfortable among us.

We also appreciate your positive mention for our buffets being fully aware that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

Once again thank you for your preference and the courtesy of your time; we would be enchanted to accommodate you again at your earliest convenience.

IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace

Been to Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace? Share your experiences!