“Nice hotel, friendly staff, great time.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Jandia Princess Hotel

You added Club Jandia Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Club Jandia Princess Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Gran Canaria, 11 | Urb. Butihondo, 35626 Playa de Jandia, Pajara, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Playa de Jandia
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, great time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just back from a holiday here.
Overall really enjoyed the trip.
Queue for check was awful and sometimes at peak times the bar could have done with another pair of hands.
However, the staff were friendly, polite and efficient.
I've had slightly better food in other Thomson platinum resorts and definitely had better reps who were available everyday from 9-1 and 5-8 except for most days and if you did find them you'd have to find them later as they'd be busy!
The restaurants had lovely salads every day and the wine and spirits lovely although I didn't rate the cocktails from the machine.
The pool was not too cold and the sea was warm. About an hour along the beach at a nice strolling pace and you'll be in the resort centre.
Was worried before I left that we didn't book the adult area. However we were glad we didn't 't as the adult areas seemed busier with smaller pools. Our pool in the family zone was bigger, quieter, warmer and had shaded areas and plenty of sun beds.
Would go again but I'd be prepared for the long check in and not needing anything from Thomson reps.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Firstly, can i just say this place is a hidden gem. Please do not take any notice of people who rate this hotel 1 or 2/5 because its just not true.
I stayed here last November & I'm going back this November. You do not go back to somewhere that is no good, this place is great.
Food was good, served all day everyday. snacks all through the day & numerous bars to visit. You can actually do a mini pub crawl it's great.
Rooms are spacious and very clean and modern. everything you need.
pool is clean & tidy lots space between sun beds too.
Beer is estrella, nice 5% spanish larger.
One last note. The best time to get go to this hotel is out of season. You can get a cracking deal paying around £500 all inclusive is exceptional value. When its high season & £700 - £1000 each per wk then I wouldn't pay that to stay here. At the right price it's a cracking little escape......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel itself is ok, but not 4 or 5 star standard.
No parasols around the pool
No kettle or tea/coffee in rooms, one bottle of water provided for the week, tv mostly German chanels....
Food at best was ok, say half of the time time, the rest of the time, in particular lunch time, it was very poor quality.
The drinks are the usual cheap stuff. The service was poor, some staff were ok, just about, the majority I found to be miserable and on occasions quite rude.
some of the entertainment was absolutely dismal.
the place has no ambiance or holiday atmosphere, no style or quality, I wouldn`t come back here for a week if was offered to me for free, seriously.
there is nothing around the area if you want to have a walk around and explore, so there is no escape!
the beach was nice, if you don`t mind the nudists letting it all hang out!
not what i call a holiday...definately wouldn`t recommend it..and certainly would not come back.

Room Tip: the rooms over looking the beach
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed from 12-19 October 2013 and enjoyed wonderful weather - unbroken sunshine, warm temperatures in the 30s and the much heralded wind was really only a cooling breeze. The beach was great with crystal clear waters, so much so you could see the fish swimming around you even right up close to the beach.

The hotel was clean, comfortable, had immaculate grounds, nice rooms and had a good choice of food. The buffets had plenty of variety and the waiter service restaurants - despite what had been said previously - were quick to serve you. Minus points go to the strange decision to chill the red wine but the beer was excellent and the non-branded spirits fine. I agree the machine cocktails were not the sort of thing you would spend your own money on but the coffee, which had also been criticised, was fine. Also there were no really bad queues to be served at the bars even at the busiest times.

It was good to have a wide choice of pools to use, though with sea a stone's throw away we often preferred to go to the beach to swim. The sea was warmer than the pools but a quick dip in the pool was a good way to cool off.

The beach itself was great and went for miles in every direction. We did a 10k run in the mornings and many others were doing the same. It was also a pleasant walk into town, far more preferable than sitting in a sweaty taxi. Even if the tide was in, there were only a few stretches where you had to choose between a paddle or walking over the rocks.

We didn't find time to join in any of the daytime activities. The evening shows were OK - but if you want to see properly you have to get there early as it is a long narrow room rather than a long wide room, which would have been better.

Some people have mentioned the Thomson staff and they were fairly elusive, not that we ever really looked for them. We did go to the Welcome Meeting, which was a very odd experience. Here we were basically subjected to a strange robotic shouting tag team by the two reps, going through their script, which if you listened said all the rights words but were delivered in a high-volume monotone with zero empathy or recognition of their audience. Things only improved when Paul, a tour guide arrived and for his few minutes actually injected some much needed human warmth and humour to the proceedings.

The hotel staff however were unfailingly polite, helpful and also hard-working and efficient. Also, despite the majority of the guest being German, they all seemed to speak fluent English. (We did suffer a long, late check-in, which seems to be the norm but were pleased that the restaurant had been kept open until midnight to account for this).

We were very happy with out room. The bed was absolutely huge and very comfortable and the sofa was new, clean and comfortable too. The air-conditioning was unnecessary though. I go on holiday for a bit of warmth, so we switched it off on day one and that's how it stayed.

Would we go back again? Definitely.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff at the hotel are lovely and the room we had you could not fault. The reason I would not rate this hotel a 4 Star is due to the food and drink quality, and seeing a cockroache on the floor of the main dining hall at breakfast. This is not acceptable in a 4 Star accomodation. The food was also not to our taste and made myself and my partner slightly ill.

My main problem is with Thomosons they are useless and I will never be booking a holiday with them again.

My partner and were on holiday from the 2 October 2013 until the 10 October 2013. Our Thomson representatives were Hannah, Carly and Chantelle. At the welcome meeting most people walked out as you were shouted at and basically they were just hard selling anything that they could. My partner and I booked 2 excursions for alot of money and when we went to get the bus in the morning for the excursions we were declined, or the transport did not turn up. We lost 2 days of our holiday by getting up early for excursions that had been messed up by Thomsons. They obviously do not want the business.

The Thomson representative Hannah was very helpful however, she was transferred after 2 days. That left us with Chantelle and carly. Chantelle is apprantly the manager and that explains why everything went wrong. Chantelle has no communication skills with her clients and is very abrupt in how she deals with clients. When I stated that I was not happy with the service that she had provided she basically told me that she would arrive a flight home for me. I have never come across such an unprofessional person in my life and because of her I will never use Thomsons again. All the Thomson representatives seem to do is be based in the dining areas and if you ask them for assistance they seem to disappear.

I do not blame Hannah or Carly as Chantelle is their manager and she left it all to them, and she has obviously not provided sufficient training to her staff on how to deal with customers. The manner in the way she treats people is awful.

The Thompson flights are horrendous as you receive no flight meal and no TV service is offered. The plane itself is old and you are squashed in. The flights seem to take forever and you arrive and leave feeling really ill due to all the germs on the place. The food they try and sell you is disgusting rubbish and I have had better flights with Ryanair which is saying something.

I have had a alot of holidays with Thomsons however, their star rating for this hotel is wrong it is a good 3 star. The food lets it down however, the staff at the hotel (Not the Thomson reps) are excellent. If the food was right it would be a 4 star however, food is a large part of your holiday and no I am not a fatty I just like nice food.

Everything is also catered for the Germans i.e the TV channels.

The overall experience promised by Thomsons has not been received and I am just very disappointed and they will receive no repeat business from me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went from 9th October until 16th October. First time on my own...due to sad loss of wife in August. The hotel is spotless, the view from the poolside towards the beach is fantastic. A lot of steps down to the beach, so not good for anyone who struggles with walking.
I thought the food was good, maybe not as much choice as some long haul holidays, but a good quality. People were very friendly ,staff ok. Weather just right...about 26 c each day.
Its true the staffing levels seemed a little low in the bars at night, so need to be patient!
Shows at 9.30pm some ok...some poor!
My bedroom was very comfortable with a good view. Overall, very happy hoe it went.

Room Tip: I stayed in the family section of hotel. Was told of better quality than all adults area...however...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Second time this year and the standard is maintained. Fabulous location, great food, clean and comfortable, friendly staff. Evening entertainment could be better but ....... We heard several negative comments from other guests which amount to nitpicking like (bars shut at 11, your miles from anywhere, it takes over an hour to transfer, only got there at 9:30 pm). We wonder whether or not people actually read up on the hotel/resort before they book. We will definitely go back. The two A La Carte restaurants were great

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Jandia Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!