We have just returned from our first holiday to Kos staying at this hotel. All the reviews for this hotel are amazing and I wouldn’t disagree however I don’t know if there had been a very rough sea prior to our visit but the beach was somewhat disappointing. As you can see from my two photos, there were many rocks to be found and the only way to get in the sea to swim was to negotiate over the rocks. Once beyond the rocks the waters were clear and a very pleasant swim could be had. The sand on the beach was dark, even black in places and very course not soft white sand as can be seen in other photos on the website for this location.
I would recommend that you collect some essential provisions on your way from the airport as there is nowhere to purchase. We hired a car for 10 days out of 14. The alternative is a reliable bus service although they only run 5 or 6 times a day in May. A cab cost 7 Euro.
The kitching equipment is as basic as you will find but we managed to turn out some good meals and Captains Restaurant was a favorite for not just fine food and comfortable surroundings but the staff made us feel most welcome indeed. Super place.
Nikkos the owner of the hotel is as charming as already mentioned in the reviews. Nothing is too much trouble and he provided anything we asked for if it wasn’t already supplied.
I don’t think I am being negative in this review, we had a lovely time in what I can only describe as a tranquille setting and we returned home relaxed and recharged. Thank you Nikkos for making our holiday one of the best we have had!
- Also Known As:
- Olympia Mare Hotel Kardamena
- Olympia Mare Kos/Kardamena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olympia Mare Beach Hotel is located just outside Kardamena (1.6km) on a quiet stretch of beach 7km from airport and 27km from Kos town. It is a friendly and small family complex, with Aegean Style environment, ideal for families with children and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Olympia Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.