“Weeks chill” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Kardamena
Preston, United Kingdom
“Weeks chill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed one week beginning June. Lovely and relaxing. Hotel spotless. Food good and huge choice. Apart from one miserable woman in beach bar all other staff very helpful and friendly particularly Maria and girls in pool bar. Entertainment poor. Hotel isolated but could use free hotel bus to go into kardemena. Or service bus 180 euros. Lovely beach with lots of free beds. Would recommend for a weeks chilling more than that could be a bit boring. Oh and yes the animation team favour Italians!

• Stayed June 2013
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks so much for the review! Our teams love to hear feedback from our guests, and I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to Maria specifically.
Wishing you all the very best and hoping to have you with us again!
Stays connected… find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest
Atlantica Porto Bello Beach Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Yvonne201157 is right what she says, if your English they just can't be assed. The pool is seriously toxic don't be fooled by the photos it's really bad how they can get away with it is criminal. The reception staff have such an attitude towards people in general, the shop downstairs is extortionate in price with everything they sale. Bring lots of sun tan lotion because you will pay £20 a bottle there, Greece can't be in that bad of an economical state if they have the nerve to rip you off that bad.
The rooms are kept clean but a premier inn would be a better stay, our double bed was two singles pushed together and really hard, the tv was a 91 throwback with 8 channels none in English. The open drains in the bathroom stink after a while. I had to find our room in the pitch black when we arrived at 4am because they had no staff to show us around and explain everything, you can't have electric in your room unless your door key is in a switch try finding that at 4am. Three times I had to go back to reception. My fiancée was in tears on our first night due to the state of the room.
The food is satisfactory but after a week it gets dull and the choice is limited.
The entertainment at this hotel had good and bad nights some nights it's worth watching, others its cringe worthy watching the whole audience leave the stand due to the nights show.
The Internet is poor and in a four star hotel I expect better especially when there is not much to do after 8am with no English tv channels. To be honest if you are British avoid it all together you get served last because none of the guests understand queuing and most of the time you just feel like an inconvenience. Most of the other couples I met we're complaining about the hotel.
The best thing you can do is visit places like turkey and the water parks like we did but everything over there is so expensive. Don't worry about the Turkish markets our guide there told us not to bother it was a waste of time you can get all the things in the shops but they still try and rip you off.
My advice don't take any abuse from them.
The best thing about the hotel were the female bar staff by the pool and at the bar at night . I stayed the first two weeks of June 2013 and the female bar staff made that hotel more tolerable.
Everything was kept clean and tidy which is a plus but I can't understand how it can be a four star. My advice save your money and go next door or try and find somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and of course for choosing to stay with us. We wish to sincerely apologize that you were not fully satisfied as our Guest. We understand that each Guest has specific preferences and sensitivities and because of that, we anticipate learning them through communication with our Guests, whether at or after check-in. If there are any instances of dissatisfaction, we work diligently as a Team, to provide a fast and convenient solution- in this case we are certain a room move may have resolved this issue and provided you with the comfort we aspire for you to have while staying with us.
We wished you had informed us about your issues during your stay with us in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
Our pool is with seawater and checked on daily schedule for correct pH level.
I investigated the prices of sun lotions in the Mini Market and we have five brands of sun lotions starting from 12 till 23 euro (for 200ml 30SPF).
I do appreciate your recognition of our staff in the bars and housekeeping.
Please fill free to contact me directly at info@portobellobeach.gr for any further conversation.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Right the good points....the FIrst Choice Rep Nick....so helpful, cheerful, great personality, sorted out my room dilemma in two minutes, arrived to find had been given a double room, not a twin and didn't really want to sleep in a double bed with my 19year old son, Nick spoke with reception and we were moved to a family room with three single beds and a much improved shower, the shower in the first room was a small walk in with closing doors, the shower floor was dirty and there was gaps and loose rubber sealant around the outside with rusty shower head and drain. The shower in the room change was great. Great staff in restaurant, helpful and polite, reception staff polite. Now the not so good points.....animation team, who basically only interacted mostly with the Italian guests and only seemed to have groups of Italian children, they spoke Italian to the children, and children from English and other European countries never seemed to be involved. Basically animation team did aqua aerobics, Luca was good, then follow the leader round the pool for 5minutes and the hotel song for two minutes, that was it until 3pm, table tennis, then water polo which was the highlight of the day, oh yes, yoga at 12pm and Latino dancing at 5pm. Shows at night weren't great. There was basically not a lot to do, at night time only one bar open in main hotel where you had to queue for drinks or walk to the beach bar where there was music, the same tape and same songs every night. This hotel needs to get a better animation team who interact with all, not just the Italian guests, most of the Italian guests were rude, in fact one group were allowed to be noisy, rude, ignore dress code and basically ruin the day time atmosphere around the pool by shouting, kicking the ball into guests trying to relax around the pool, mostly kicking it at women. The food was never that great either. Anyway, get some pool tables, open more bars, there's enough room, invest in some music CDs instead of the same old music, change half of the animation crew, well that's for starters, it's a beautiful hotel shame about all the above, won't go back there again, but will definitely go to Kos, but another hotel....

Room Tip: Near the sea
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologize that we did not live up to the usual excellent standards that he majority or reviewers at Trip Advisor talk about. I investigate your room reservation and we didn’t receive any special request from you travel agency.
I am glad that you enjoyed your new room and you found our staff friendly and polite.
Concerning the animation issue I want to inform you that we have two animation teams. One of them is Italian team responsible for our Italian guest’s entertainment and Italian Mini Club. The second one is International- speaking ten languages.
I am sorry if your quality time around the pool was disturbed by other guest’s behavior. I wish you had informed our security group member about this issue…
Additionally, thank you for your suggestion regarding our music selection in the Beach Bar- it is always helpful to hear different opinions from our guests!
Many thanks and our best wishes to you!
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My Husband, our four children (aged 11,8,5 & 3) and my Mother-in-Law, have recently returned from a 7 night holiday at the beautiful Porto Bello Beach Hotel, located just outside the quaint little town of Kardamena.

First impressions of the Hotel were good, with a relatively quick check-in and a porter who showed us to our room. Having an afternoon flight from the UK, we didn't arrive at the resort until past 10pm, and were pleased to find bottles of water and baguettes in the fridge when we got to our rooms.

The rooms were spacious and had everything you need, they are also spotlessly clean.

Cleanliness is certainly not an issue at this Hotel! There is a huge team of cleaners who appear to work non-stop and all public areas, as well as the rooms, were immaculate.

We went on an All-Inclusive basis, as we always do, and I have to say that the Porto Bello Beach has a better selection of food than any other hotel we have stayed in - lots of variety, and all prepared to a high standard.

The hotel has its own beach, which is beautiful, and is also very safe for children. There is also a beach bar, which is part of the All-Inclusive, and they serve the most amazing cocktails!

Although we had a wonderful family holiday at this resort, there were a couple of things that could be improved, for example, there was very little for our 11 and 8 year old boys to do in the evening - maybe an air hockey/pool table would be a good addition to the area around the Beach Bar?

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and would return if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious and well-stoked room, and that you recognize our working team- that’s a huge compliment.
I appreciate your opinion about the variety and quality of the food we are preparing for our guest.
Additionally, thank you for your suggestion regarding our entertainment in the Beach Bar; I will try to find solution for this issue.
Thank you again and hope to see you again in the near future.
Stay Connected… Find us on Facebook!
Atlantica Porto Bello Beach Hotel
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just got back from a weeks break. First impressions are breathtaking. Beautiful Hotel throughout.
The food was georgeous. Excellant buffet restauraunt, and delicious Thai food in another restauraunt downstairs. There is also an Italian & a fish restauraunt.
Top marks for cleanliness both in the hotel and in the pool areas. Even though the hotel was full there are so many pools in felt like the hotel was empty. Lovely peaceful enviroment.
Our room was a suite, but having looked round the hotel and grounds I dont think I would have been dissapointed with any of them.
Well worth a trip to this hotel, you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: I dont think you will be dissapointed with any of the rooms, although if you have mobility problems...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Please note that this review is addressed to Atlantica Porto Bello Royal Hotel

Dear Guest,
I am truly encouraged and grateful for your review! ! I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and I hope you will return to us when your travels bring you back to Kos again!
Many thanks to you and please do stay connected…Find us On Facebook!
Atlantica Porto Bello Royal Hotel
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A very nice hotel in a lovely location right on the beach, basic room but like everywhere else in the Hotel is was spotless and well maintained. Lovely gardens and public areas which again are clean and tidy and very friendly staff. The food was good in all areas and a great idea for self service beer and wine in the restaurants. This is the first time I have come across self service in the al a carte restaurants but it worked and was no hassle and it meant that we could try little amounts of lots rather than order a main dish.

As for the things I was not happy about;
1) I took trousers for dining but found that some of the Eastern Europeans would not conform and dressed down and staff were afraid to deal with them. One guest even lit up a cigarette at dinner and the staff did nothing.

2) No tea or coffee for the room unless you paid 5 euros per day which i think is too expensive. There is also nowhere to get tea, coffee or water out of bar hours so for someone like me who wakes up early each day I had to wait a couple of hours until breakfast before I could get a coffee!
3) 25 euros per week for the room safe is a big cost, it should be around 10.
4) The hotel is situated on the flight path to the airport, the noise didn't bother me but it could be a problem for some.
5) only one bar in the main building/ reception so you had to queue for drinks which can be a real pain when people are ordering cocktails. Peak season is going to be a nightmare
6) If the hotel is full the beach beds, pool beds and seating on the main terrace will be impossible, too many rooms and not enough spaces
7) The main terrace is the main meeting place before and after dinner but it if full of smokers, smoking should be away from the main areas and families.

Last of all beware of rip off First Choice & Thomsons, I paid £70 for a late check out room as our pick up was at 1.00am only to find that the room was only ours until 6.00pm, that meant we had to come up from the beach earlier than we planned and then hang around for 7 hours. Friends of ours asked at reception and were quoted 50 euros for up to 10pm!!! Next time I will check what time prior to booking and check direct with the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 800s are away from any noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PortoBelloBeach, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Beach, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are pleased to receive your detailed feedback on your stay with us and will use it to help improve our product and service. We are happy you enjoyed your summer holidays in general and hope to see you again in the near future.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have just returned from here. This is a great hotel staff was so friendly and food was the best I have ever had in an all inclusive resort. rooms where spacious and cleaned every day great views of the garden. pool area very clean, beach clean. I cant wait to go back to this hotel had an excellent time. the free bus to kardimina was a good bonus. The restaurant's where really good but we didn't use the fish one as we don't eat fish. wish we had booked for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite in the garden area it was lovely and very spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Lakitira Resort & Village
#17 of 42 in Kardamena
4.0 of 5 stars 395 reviews
Astir Odysseus Kos Resort & Spa

Been to Atlantica Porto Bello Beach? Share your experiences!