“Think I Could Live In This Place” 5 of 5 stars

Seva Hotel & Swimming Pool
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kardamena 85302, Greece   |
Ranked #29 of 43 Hotels in Kardamena
London
“Think I Could Live In This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

YASOU TO YOU ALL!!

Where do I start, I've recently returned from my 3rd visit to the SEVA and once again had another quality stay!

I found the staff as I usually do friendly and really helpfull and in George the manager you have somone who takes pride in making sure that his quests have the best time,

If your someone who doesn't like leaving the hotel because your hangover cant handle it then your lucky your staying here!! and why would you want too! a large swimming pool plenty of sun loungers, swim up bar and u dont even need to get up to get up to get the much needed beer and food!!! as its brought to you!!

But the best thing I like is the nights at the seva its he best place to start off the night and finish it as its where everyone goes after the clubs shut, And a late night dip in the indoor pool!!

So ingore the minority and listen to the majority!!!!

• Liked — The pool and atmsphere
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sheffield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Our experience of the Seva - where do I start!

Ok, the relatively minor complaints first.

The rooms are very basic as you would expect from a 2wentys/18-30 type hotel. However the 3 star+ 'plush' rating given in the brochure is an out and out lie. It's not even a decent 2 star.

On arrival our bathroom window was smashed, with shards of glass just left all over the sill (our toilet paper was actually sat on top of this - that could have been painful!)

Only around 3 holes in the shower head actually worked, meaning the water came out with such force it stung your skin! And on the subject of the shower, the shower 'cubicle' consisted of a single lowered tile in the corner of the bathroom - the shower curtain was a good 6" outside the tile, meaning when you had a shower the water simply ran all over the bathroom floor.

We got a room around the back, which we thought would be a bit quieter (the bar plays music 24hrs a day, every day) but how wrong we were. The road alongside the hotel is fairly busy, and most of the vehicles are mopeds and motorbikes. These make an amazingly loud noise which seems to echo through the rooms, if you try and sleep with the doors open as we did (i'm not paying extra for the aircon to be turned on!) you WILL be woken every 5 minutes by the noise, and it never stops.

The girl who works the swim-up bar is, to put it mildly, not the most polite person in the world. If you take your own water or drinks around the pool she will come over, pour it all over you, then throw your towel and clothes into the pool (we saw this several times) seemingly thinking that it's funny.

Now all of the above I realise are not hugely major complaints, the next ones are though. On your last day you WILL get told you are being charged for 'damages' to the room. If a group of lads smashes a room up then fair enough - but I was staying with my girlfriend, so what had we 'damaged'.....apparently we'd made 2 towels dirty (trying the stop the water from the shower p*ssing all over the floor, see above) and they would have to be 'washed properly' (words of the employee, so how are they washed normally?)

I'd read all the accounts on here about the threats of violence etc (unfortunately too late to change the hotel) so decided not to argue about it rather than get our legs broken. Speaking to the other guests when we left they had all been ripped off for varying amounts of 'damages'. There are also a couple of 'rent a thugs' that do some work around the hotel (including working people over it seems) - you can't miss one of them, boxers nose and guns tatooed on his back, real friendly looking chap who thought it funny to shave a guests hair off with a razor while he slept by the pool.

So to sum up - you WILL get ripped off, possibly threatened with violence, and in the worst case have it carried out if you dont pay up. (read the other reviews on here!) You won't get much sleep, yeah I know everyone says 'I wont sleep much anyway', well at the Seva I guarantee you wont! The 2wentys reps know all about what goes on at this hotel and do nothing.

We have already made a complaint, including reporting the reps and will be following it through formally, this hotel should not be on First Choice's books.

Kardamena itself is a nice place, small but buzzing with dozens of bars and restaurants to go to. We walked all around it and there are loads of nice looking hotels, also many rooms for rent in various buildings all right in the action (nothing is more than 10 minutes walk away from the main bar area anyway) so I urge anyone reading this, DO NOT STAY AT THE SEVA. If you can pick a cheap flight up you will have no problem at all walking into a place and getting a room, if you want a package holiday then make sure it's not the Seva.

• Liked — Walking out of it every morning!
  • Disliked — Noisy, dirty, some intimidating staff, being ripped off, horrible bathroom, etc etc etc
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Kos, Dodecanese, Greece, Europe "Knuckle Duster's & Pina colada 's!"
Seva Hotel
Reviewer: Londoner - UK

If your anything like most of SEVA's one week residence, Then you won't have read this before you went on holiday :p and would have booked for the sun at the last minute & thought you got a steal - Bad luck. Won't mince my word, If your looking for the Twenties / '18-30(morelike)45's trip of a boozy, clubbing, 1 week, lobo sun tan central, p*ss up. This is the place for you, 25 Boozy & single this seemed up my street. My brother & I booked a 1 week Ring Side trip. The Holiday started as expected, Kos is a lovely place and SEVA is located Centrally, and is just off the centre off the night life, Right off the main stip and I have to amit I did have in generally a wikid time...Kos is a place where you find load of things to do - I was never board and there's loads of sun, its great... I highly recomend Kos for the 18-45 Clubber - You won't have a messier holiday.

SEVA - Rooms - about what you expect. No luxury's self catered 18-45 really- 2 bed, 1960's hob (we never tried to cook anything), fridge, basic's. Toliet / open shower with mozzy's. Pay as you go - Air Conditioning (and toliet paper?), Best thing about the room = Balcony. Overall Rating - A smallish last min sun room, with everything you need, without any luxuries.... Exaclty what I was expecting... Lets put it this way, I wasn't going to be spending much time in my room.

Entertainment - really good, lots to do Large Pool, stuff to do all the time.... Great Buzz about the place & everything cost 4 euro's for some strange reason. There's something to do everynight, The Stuff with the Twenties guys is defo overpriced, but... your on holiday and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves!!

Problems - George (the owner) nice enough guy, employs people with lets say a temperment problems, No doubt you'll see the signs for 1000 EUR fine for touching camera's. Along with the story of the guy who had to go to hosiptal because he did. I heard all the stories, and thought anyways this is a cool place whatever. Toward the end of our holiday, We made friends with a group of guys who lived right at the top of SEVA, They had a much better room then ourselves, much bigger... in there room they also had stairs leading to the roof?? but no worries, the entrance to the stairs was completely blocked off with duck tape. After one Boozy night, the boys had invited everyone back to there room. Eariler that night the The guys from the room had managed to slip past the Extra Strenght Duck tape, and had been on the roof larking around.. Something the bar staff didn't take well too.. Two of the Bar staff Lawrence and Rab, came up asking who had been on the roof, no one replyed - so I replied to Lawrence 'no ones been on the roof?' (not knowing the lads had been on the roof earlier.),out of no where lawrence attacked me. I was hit in the head square on with a knuckle duster, and my brother was hit from behinde, on his head with a small truncheon by rab at the same time. First thoughts were to get out of the room, I was smashed in more that one way. I managed to get out of the Hotel - Only suffering, 1 punch square in the face, and two punches square in the back of my head as I was leaving, I was covered top to toe in blood, once I got out of the I fainted and came too with loads of other guest screaming and shouting - Lots of witnesses. My brother was hit many more times and had loads of bruises. But we both managed to excape. The next morning (after sleeping frightened with Rocks under our pillows, incase they came back for more.) The Twenties reps came to our room and moves us hotels, literally 2 mins away to a place called Orgin Hotel pool and bar... The Reps were simpletic - And told us this wasn't the first/second/third time Volience had happened. (Most notable I have seen other reviews here which I can back up where... when leaving they make you pay for extras or you get threatened with violence, i.e. broken chairs, missing towels etc.)

The next day the bar staff apologised to my brother.. I didn't want to speak to them, so left with out saying goodbye. They Claimed it was a case of mistaken Identy.. Nice to know how the offenders would have been dealt with.

I had a wikid time in Kos, Seva is probably the best located and lively-ist hotel in Kos. If it wasn't for the volience we would have had a brilliant time, if you have all ready booked - I will say this to you, you will have a great time, just make sure you stick to the hotels rules and don't pee any bar staff off.. Stay away from the hotel bar staff if possible - Befriending them does not help. I had even been out for drinks with Lawrence (The bar tender who attacked me.) on a pub crawl a couple of night before and he knew me by my first name. Make sure your Itenery is what is in your room, or you will be charged for anything missing when you leave. Claiming it was never in your room in the first place does not block punches.

Overall - Kos is great. Seva is Not.

• Liked — Balcony
  • Disliked — Mozzy's.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Leamington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

We booked the Seva as a last minute holiday with First Choice/2wentys and wasn't really expecting a great hotel for the amount we paid! But the Seva was the worst place i have ever stayed and i suggest you take my advise and don't book here!

The best part of the hotel was the bar because when you was in the bar you wasn't in your room! But even that novelty worn off on the 3rd day when there was a huge fight and the bar man came out and started hitting people over the head! After that point we was just wishing we could go home and not really enjoying the holiday.

I have also added some images to this review to show you why the Seva deserves it's 3 star status!

By the way if you do happen to still want to book this hotel don't forget when you arrive to stock up on your toilet roll as you have to buy your own and also don't touch anything in case you get charged for breaking it!

• Liked — the bus home
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

Me and my boyfriend are just back from a week in Kos and what a week it was. It was the October week we went and it was quite quiet but in the Seva the party was still happenin! Awesome!

When we first arrived it was about 5am in the morning and there was people at the bar...that gave us a taste straight away of the holiday we were about to have.

The hotel is pretty basic, BUT you can not complain as it is not expensive to stay in we were only £480 for the two of us and at this time of the year i thought that was pretty good.

When we got to our room it had no toilet seat, reported it next morning and had a brand new one that afternoon by Laurence! What a star you are. As for George the hotel manager....well, well, well what can i say you can have such a laugh with him....One of the best guys we ever met and for 47 he still knows how to party! He is a greek Rocky lol!

The food and drinks in Kos in general is quite expensive so id advise to take a lot of spending money and if you want an all night party definately visit the Seva!!

Will definately be going back its da bomb!

• Liked — George likes to party all the time!!
  • Disliked — nothing!!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

had a fantasimo time in kos! seva hotel is THE place to stay if you want to party. me and two other friends went on our first girls holiday together and had the most amazing time. the twenties reps are great and the seva hotel is in a great location. Everyone is really friendly and the pool is nice with its own bar. the main bar is open 24hrs and they also serve really yummy food till about 6 am (if i remember correctly.) rooms are pretty decent for what you pay and they have really nice balconys. one thing i will say though is that you have to pay for the AC per day in your room which we thought was a bit bad, so we went without. was a little uncomfortable in that heat but we managed! the rooms are self catering but theres not really a lot to cook on or with so bare that in mind and dont forget no toilet paper down the toilets! would definitely go back to stay at the seva again, had a holiday that i will never forget.

• Liked — the layout of the hotel was really good
  • Disliked — one side of the hotel's rooms are on a busy road and its quite noisy at 6am, but we were awake anyway!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fife, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

I was checking out the reviews of this hotel as I stayed there last year and was interested in what other people thought of it. It seems that some people have been staying at a totally different hotel !
Firstly I didnt think that this hotel was given a proper rating. 2 star maybe. My friend and I opted for the self catering option because we thought we might save some money on eating out. Bad idea.
The Greek idea of self catering was a tatty old plug in two ring hob, no kettle, a tiny cooking pot, no toaster, no frying pan, we had to "borrow" cups and glasses from the bar downstairs and there was only about four item of cutlery. I ended up having to use my credit card to pay for meals out three times a day for a week (the only other option was to live on sandwiches)
If it wasnt for the fact I had a credit card with me I would have struggled.
Dont pay for any of the arranged excursions as they are a total waste of money. The booze cruise was ok but I would advise to take your own dring with you unless you like weak punch. The pub crawl round Kos Town was badly organised and although there was a half price or two for one drink offer on at each bar it was only for the first drink and there was about 45 or so minutes wasted in each bar. We had to make each drink last because after the offer ran out the prices were put up to reduculous amounts. I would advise to go into town at Kardamena and book your trips and boat rides from a local company. you can half the price. If you get a chance to go scuba diving then do it. its fab and the water is lovely and clear. i paid about 45 euro for the day trip.
Because the bar is open 24 hours, dont expect to get any sleep unless you take ear plugs (strongly advised) as people are shouting, singing, loud music, fighting. falling in the pool at all hours of the day and night (and 4am onwards) i lmow this is an 18-30's holiday and this is to be expected but this was taking the mickey a bit., you have to sleep sometime.
I did write to the company to complain but as usual there was an answer for everything. i must praise the reps tho because although they work totally daft hours with little or no sleep, their enthusaism is great !

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the cleanlieness and self catering facilities
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seva Hotel & Swimming Pool? Share your experiences!