“Best holiday ever!!!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kardamena 85302, Greece   |
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Kardamena
“Best holiday ever!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Rooms so nice! Very clean, best swimming pool in Kardamena! Spent all week on the bar stools at the pool bar and loved it! Really friendly staff! Can't wait to go back this year! Bring on summer 2013!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Avoid like the plague! This is by far the worst complex I have ever stayed in which is a shame because the facilities should have made it a really good choice of accommodation. After making a pre-paid booking I found terrible reviews of this place online. Since I couldn't cancel my reservation without being charged I took a few precautions, I thank my lucky stars I did. I brought my own sheets, (ones that were on the way too the bin anyway). I put these on the bed and neatly folded the sheets provided by Seva. I had read that they will charge you any amount of money that springs to mind for stains such as......"chocolate/blood/semen"! These examples were given by the guy tending bar/working reception during the day. More on him later.

When I arrived I was shown to my apartment by a very nice English man, he was the nicest thing about this place. We did a brief walkthrough and I had a chance to point a couple of things out like the balcony door was a bit sticky, there was no soap etc. Otherwise they might have tried to pull that breakages crap on me when I checked out. What I didn't pay attention to was the door. It was made of glass. I had to hang a towel over it to block out some of the light from the hallway and on at least one morning the cleaners got a show!

Then there was the noise. This was late in the season so the party people were all gone, perfect for me as all I wanted was some sun and to chill out. There's a gym on the premises that blares music as late as 3am. Earplugs will not help you! The sound vibrations are probably more responsible for any breakages than any of the pissed guests.

About half way through my 2 week stay there came a thumping on my door. It was that gent from reception. He was roaring - demanding that I pay my bill. Anyone else might have knocked and asked nicely or spotted me coming or going and politely attracted my attention. Nope, not this guy. Now I'm used to settling up when I check out, this was also the hotel policy on Booking.com where I made the reservation, but this guy was going to have me pay right there and then. I agreed to go to the bank just to keep the peace. Now, bare in mind that I was a woman traveling alone and keeping a low profile, and this yolk was behaving like a psycho. I had never given him any reason to provoke such mental behaviour. This came out of nowhere.

It seems like Seva are used to some guests who wreck the place, the problem is they assume everyone is like that and treat everyone like crap. I had read about taking "security deposits" and random charges at check out like stained sheets, as already mentioned, or broken whatevers. After staying there I absolutely believe that ripping off their guests is common practice. You're leaving the country so what are you going to do about it? The whole town is aimed at 18-30 let's go mental holiday crowd but this apartment really takes advantage. You can have a great holiday and not have to worry about your hotel blaming their squeaky door on you or replacing sheets with new ones because you dared to use your bed for something other than sleep, or drooled on the pillow!

The apartment itself was not too bad but there's a few quirks. You get one toilet roll when you check in. That's it. After that you have to provide your own. I recommend using the loo by the bar and robbing the toilet paper from there. I never did get that soap so I bought some local soap. A big, red block of it, that made a big, red, soapy mess. Thankfully sinks don't stain so no extra charges there! There's a drain with a steel covering right outside on the main road that bangs when it's driven over. This is 24 hours a day. I was dreaming of that noise for months after my holiday. I never once saw the pool get cleaned..........2 weeks! The cleaner broke a piece of pottery I had bought in my room. This took a LOT of convincing with my friend at reception. I know she didn't do it on purpose, but she did do it and I wasn't going away until its cost was taken off my bill.

Seva is a surreal complex, you can't really believe it's this bad unless you see it for yourself. How the hell is it still operating? There's too great a risk of a guest getting ripped off, roared at and/or generally abused by the staff at this complex. This is not stress you want on your holiday so save yourself the grief and stay somewhere, anywhere else.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere. You will regret staying here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

i went here with 3 of my other friends and despite the bad reviews we thought it was just poeple being picky although we paid 400+ for this hotel for a week in september and it was pretty bad. the rooms were fine although our shower had scum around the head which was a bit off putting. we got a great view though. we also had the same towels for the whole week and as we showered everyday (which you need to on holiday) this wasn't very clean. we also realised that the door to the balcony was broken on one side the day after we arrived so we told the staff, a man came to look straight away and said WE had broken it and obviously slammed it and why were we reporting it now after being there for nearly a week , we had just arrived!!!!! so he refused to fix it and didnt give us the time of day, why would we report something WE broke???? we would of kept quiet obviously if we had. one night a member of staff from the hotel was arguing and throwing girls clothes from the top floor into the pool which didnt give us much faith in the staff, and then fired an airifle or airgun off the top balcony right beside us NO JOKES! we were shitting ourselves we thought it was real haha

THE POOL HAD GREEN SCUM ALL AROUND THE WATERLINE AND WE NEVER WENT IN THE POOL, AND THAT WASNT AN EXAGGERATION IT WAS REALLY DIRTY GOD KNOWS WHAT WE COULD HAVE CAUGHT, AND AS FOR THE INDOOR POOL IS WAS MERKY AND I NEVER SAW ANYONE IN IT.

the nightlife was great and the beach is fab, the sea is like a bath so clear and warm so i would recommend kos but please go elsewhere. ONLY GOOD THING WAS THE LOCATION OF OUR HOTEL IT WAS CLOSE TO EVERYTHING, BEACH, CLUBS, STRIP

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited seva in June (ano long time to write a review)we were there 2 weeks As soon as me and my friend Charlotte arrived we got took straight to our room and was chatting to Jade She loved that we were Geordies told us to go to the shop for food and water and alcohol for in our room ( which came in handy) oh and loo roll but if you make friends you pass the stuff you don't use on or give it to the reps. We were at the bar within 15 mins drinking with jade and Sophie whist the advised us to buy Smirnoff vodka from the shop (props cheep) cause the cheap one gives you the Poops!They also told us about the bars and watch our pockets for the gypsies hey stole our cameras and phone little monsters. That night we went to the strip mint! After party at seva every one goes. Get you boat party tickets off dani and bants they are the coolest of them all bants is hilarious.. Try and get dani drunk ha ha took her an hour to get back on a sunlounger funniest momen of my life!!.
We were in main building it was a tad noisesy but get a few shots down and live a little and sleep in the afternoon when the sun goes down then wake up at night and go out again I did it for two weeks it works a treat every one sleeps at the same time so it's peaceful. Also if you get locked out every one bonds like a family so just ask to stay in each others rooms make sure you make friends cause parties in each others rooms n that.
For starlight and status get VIP bands cause it works out cheaper and we met joey Essex at starlight what a guy! You alo get to no the dj's they go to seva and white boat party's too we went on twice its mint even though my bra got whipped off by the staff but yolo!
We getting back to the hotel don't sing out doors rob nipped me lol... For singing general bants with the welsh girls.
The reviews about the sheets 'REALLY' first day I fell over drunk and split tomato sauce all over I just put it in the bath with vanish oxy action. Cleaners didn't have a clue asking as there ok really.

I wouldn't advise seva if you want a quiet holiday but tbh I wish I was back was the best holiday ever even the cooks coleslaw was lush mmmm.... See Lauren at the bar in the pool for cocktails.
Hope his review helps....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here in a group of 5 girls all in one room on our first holiday, we were a bit apprehensive as we didn't know what the sleeping arrangements would be. We were pleasantly surprised to find 5 actual beds to sleep on and no camp beds, which was a plus. Don't be worried by first impressions as you first get off the bus, its right on a road but theres not much traffic and it didnt bother us, the view left a bit to be desired for though. However it is situated perfectly in kardamena, its just a short walk from the beach and is extremely close to both the superclubs, status being right next door. There was a lot of talk about it being a 24 hour bar and people partying until 10 in the morning, its mostly workers that party and our room was in the block not connected to the bar so we had no trouble sleeping after a long night out. The rooms were kept extremely tidy, bless to the poor maid having to clean up after 5 disgusting girls and even cleaning around me one day when i had a tummy bug. The bathroom tended to flood and we had to provide our own toilet roll but that was fine. Also the kitchen facilities were not amazing but we never cooked anything anyway. The pool was average, they put far too much chlorine in but at least they were trying to keep it clean. We never ventured into the indoor pool for fears the chlamydia rumours were true.
Except for a fire alarm at 5 in the morning which no one came out to check even after we had gone into the bar in our pajamas !! We had a brilliant holiday and the hotel served us well as a place to sleep after partying too hard.

Room Tip: go for the apartments, they are in a separate block to the bar so you cant hear the music playing at...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went here this september and managed to catch the end of the season. We were a group of 3 lads. Upon arrival we were greeted with a beer and a shot. Upon request we received a free room upgrade which was cleaned 6 days out of the 7 we were there! If you stay in seva you become part of the family and the staff mingle just like any guest. they get everyone involved and you end up knowing EVERYONE staying in the hotel. Down the bar street is usually rammed and you soon get to know everyone. One thing to be said is pace yourself as the drinks flow very easy with most drinks coming with 2 free shots. Ive been to many destinations like ibiza etc but none were like kos it felt like a family everyone spoke and everyone joined for pub crawls. If you want a holiday where people are waiting on you hand and foot etc then dont bother, if you want a holiday where you meet great people get well looked after and most of all get messy than this is your place. It is to be said though the staff at the hotel are more than friendly and know how to deal with people who have had one too many (including me) but disrespect to their property and or rules will NOT be tolerated .Please dont let this put you off just behave and you wil have an amazing time, the bar is open 24/7 come 5am the clubs close and the bar packs out its ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME! and theres 24 hour kebabs which is a god send. All in all had a great holiday and going back 2013 for a stag.

Room Tip: if you want a good nights sleep ask to be in the out building not connected to the bar pus the rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Me and two of my mates who are all 20, stayed in Seva, and we had a brilliant time. The rooms were clean, and cleaned everyday, apart from Sundays. The pool and bar area were nice and help was on hand at any time. The hotel was 2 minutes from bar street and next door to both status AMD starlight night clubs, where we went quite often. The hotel is a favourite with the bar street reps, and these are all really good to hang about with. And you get instantly recognized down bar street. The bar is 24 hours which is good if you want to keep drinking all night. Staff are very friendly and security staff on night times, are relaxed and very sociable. All in all a fantastic experience, think we're going back next year!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Seva Hotel & Swimming Pool? Share your experiences!