“Decent 4* Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Kardamena
Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
“Decent 4* Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancée mid-May and I would say it is a decent 4 star hotel. Contrary to some of the reviews on here you DO NOT have use of the other Mitsis Hotels on the complex but you can buy a black wristband which will give you access – I am not sure how much this costs.

The complex is completely out of the way, around a 45 minute walk into Kardemena, but there is a place you can hire bikes if you walk a couple of minutes along the coastal road. We managed to get a couple of right old banger bikes for 5 euro each to go and explore on the first day. There is an excursions place in the town where you can buy excursions for much cheaper than Dougie the rep is selling them and you can also hire cars from there. We carried on the old banger theme with a tin-pot old Hyundai Matiz which only cost us 30 euro for the day, which is also cheaper than any of the hire companies you can get at the hotel.

The hotel has one main restaurant which is buffet style and does serve up good food although it is quite repetitive. There is also meat cooked on the grill in front of you and the pizza oven is superb. There are two other restaurants you could book in the evening but we didn’t have a go on them so I can’t comment on what they are like. During the day you can get buffet lunch from the place which becomes the a la carte restaurants in the evening which makes a change to the main buffet. You can also get hot-dogs at the beach bar and at the pool bar. Ice cream seems to be available 24 hours a day from the main bar where you can serve it yourself and also by the kids pool.

Other bits and bobs you can get are little rolls from the main bar during the day, slush puppies from the bar by the kids pool, and allegedly frozen cocktails from the beach bar, although they just seemed to be normal cocktails to me as they weren’t all that frozen. You can get pedalos and canoes from the pool bar which are free but with a deposit and you can do a bit of tennis or table tennis also with a deposit. Beach towels are available with a 20 euro deposit which is pretty inconvenient as you end up with 40 euro you can’t spend until the last day when you are finished with your towel.

There were plenty of sun-beds around the pool and on the beach and I didn’t see too much reserving going on although it wasn’t overly busy when we were there. They certainly don’t skank on the alcohol measures in the cocktails and there is a decent selection of drinks available. There wasn’t a huge amount of entertainment while we were there although the local dancing evening was entertaining, and there was the token poor karaoke one night.

The pools were quite small for a complex of this size and were uncomfortably cold. I did man up on one occasion and have a go in the pool but by the time I’d found my balls again throwing a beach ball around had got a bit boring so we got out. The slides by the kids pool were entertaining but you have to generate your own speed as I stopped half way down a couple of times and I’m not a complete fatty.

The rooms were decent. We had a 2-bedroom type arrangement with a twin room bedroom and a sort of bedsit set up for the rest of it. Our room was quite far up the hill which was a bit of a bind but did have a nice view of the beach, sea and across the bay to Kardemena. There is a flat-screen TV where you can catch up on all the latest German news, film and sport or if you get adventurous you can find BBC World News and one other unidentified British channel. We had a nice balcony with chairs and a table which was good for the fiancée to sit on and read whilst I was still asleep.

The bathroom was well finished with nice marble effect tiles all the way round. There was a huge mirror above the sink that you could look at yourself in, the sort of size that if it were a TV it would probably pass as a cinema. Minor quibble was the shape of the toilet which was just like the one in the downstairs toilet at my Mum’s house. Basically, the ‘splash pool’ area is set too far forward so you don’t get a clean drop. Not sure whether Germans and Russians have strange shape bums or what but it brought good employment of the bog brush.

Other bits and bobs; the hotel is set on a hillside which does have a path running up the side. We went exploring on one of the days and if you walk out of the complex on the main road, a little way up on the right there is a track which runs up the side of the hill which is well worth a wander as there are mountain goats knocking about and also tortoises, which was a bit of a surprise to find wandering around half way up a mountain.

If you do hire a car definitely get yourselves to Kos Town as it is beautiful. There are loads of good historic ruins to look at, lots of bars and restaurants, a nice beach, a castle and a port. You do have use of the Mitsis Ramira Beach in Kos and can use their facilities as part of the all-inclusive. We had a little go on it and would say it is much the same as the Norida. Other things well worth doing are the volcano in Nissyros (you can get a boat from the harbour in Kardemena) and the therma-pool (near Kos Town) which is a bit of sea which is heated by the volcano underneath. It stinks of sulphur but they have very kindly put some rocks a bit across the sea so it is like sitting in a giant bath with a load of Germans.

On the way home be prepared for the Ryanair militants at the airport who WILL charge you the extra baggage costs and you do have to make sure your little rolly hand luggage suitcase fits in the bag thing otherwise they will kick off.

Personally I wouldn’t return to this hotel but this is only because I feel we have ‘done’ Kos now and there are many more places to see. If we did return to Kos in the future we would go to Kos Town as it is much nicer than Kardemena. That is nothing against this hotel though, which I would recommend for anyone who wants a reasonably priced sit around drinking and relaxing.

I should also mention the staff at this hotel as they are all very friendly and will help you with anything and always with a smile.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to the beach as they are lower down and not up loads of steps!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just got back from our first family holiday to the Norida Beach Hotel. As a regular trip advisor reviewer, always check on the reviews and I am glad to say I have choosen my holiday to the above based on the reviews.
Travelling with a two year old, i was nervous, but happy to say we had a fantastic time. Accomodation great, spacious family room within the main bulding, following a request to the reservations manager.The room was cleaned on a daily basis and towels changed as well. Food was varied and for everybody,s taste. Facilites were great. Lots of swimming pools, plus the beach with the snacks bar.
Entertainment great especially for kids. The hotel is close to kardamena, 10 euro trip by cab, which will recommend for diversity and a bit of night life. We managed to visit kos town, paradise beach and the thermal baths by hiring a car. If you hire a car, avoid the hotel company which is more expensive.
Otherwise, weather was great...and i can say without reservations that i happily reccomend the hotel for all types of travellers, from couples, to famillies....caters for all groups.
Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in May 2013. This hotel was fantastic, the people were very professional, approachable, friendly and always smiling. They are extremely hard working, they deserve 5 star all round.
The food was excellent different options each day, cooked to perfection, and tasty. The grilling chef is fantastic I must say, he is a pro, I ate the best grilled lamb and chicken that I ever tasted in my life.
Entertainment was fantastic, just right for a holiday resort and relaxing, didn't really see the children entertainment, but I'm sure it was just as good. There's also a mini disco which is worth visiting its outside the hotel but on the resort, felt very welcomed when we visited, at the door we were escorted to a comfortable corner with seats and table, great music and atmosphere, you have to pay for drinks tho.
A special thank you to Eduardo, Elli in the hotel bar and Velimir from the entertainement team they made our stay enjoyable but on our point of view every staff member had contributed for the lovely holiday, very hard working people and willing to make everyone have an enjoyable stay. We wish you guys all the best and hopefully see you guys next year.

Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was indeed a welcome home for us with a warm welcome. As always we had a perfect holiday in this hotel. We needed a long time to see all our friends. After 2 weeks with good food and drinks it was difficult to say goodbye.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the most fantastic hotel I have ever ever ever been in, the staff were so friendly and helpful! They couldn't do enough for you. They food was lovely! Nice variety of food on show, plus the two extra restaurants (included in all inclusive package) I advise everybody booking to go to Greece to go here! It caters for all ages and types of people! There's is kids clubs, night and daytime entertainment, and a night club plus many many pools! Can't stress enough how much I loved this hotel, cannot wait to return!

• Stayed July 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Norida Beach in Kos in May 2013, I cannot possibly explain fully how brilliant this hotel is, Everything you could possibly need is there on site, It is beautiful. clean. friendly and nicely situated for Kardemena without being in it, You can walk into it in about 30 mins along the beach road, The food was excellent and I know people say it is repetitive but how many different foods can be supplied. I congratulate the management of this hotel, We have stayed in many hotels from Spain to Florida and I must say this one is our favourite. I would like to mention the most friendliest 2 members of staff and they are Vivi and Michael in the restaurant. All of the staff are very friendly and pleasant. The hotel is on the beach with free sunbeds and drinks etc down on the beach what more could you ask for, Well done Norida and thank for a brilliant holiday

Room Tip: Room with sea view in the main block
Flintshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Being seasoned all inclusive travellers with 2 young children, we chose this hotel specifically for it's facilities and we were not disappoined. From the moment we entered the lobby, to the minute we left we could not find fault with the service received from both staff and animation team, cleaners, bar attendants, the restaurant or quality of food, the accomodation, or the pools, activities and entertainment. An all inclusive holiday is what you make of it, and once you understand a hotel has to cater for ALL nationalities with regard to food and entertainment you will not go wrong.

We stayed for 15 days and did not find fault with the food once which is amazing for us as we usually eat out at least 4 times on a 10 day all inclusive.
Whist staying at the hotel we were housed in a 2 story family apartment with TWO bathrooms which made getting ready at night so much easier. The rooms were spacious, luxurious, with a complimentary mini bar, and most impoertantly, cleaned to a high standard daily.
During our stay, we used both the top pool which housed the waterslides, and the lower pool which overlooks the beach area which is directly underneath you available by 10 step down. Poolside(thanks Jiannis and Christos!) and beach bars (with alcoholic slush puppies)are readily available with all manner of drinks and hot dogs/sandwiches. The only negative point I can find to say is that you have to ask for water as opposed to helping yourself, but if its that much of a problem, just take a bottle around with you!
Throughout the day we used the watersport facilities, (some of which you pay for locally), we pedalloed, jet-skiied, ringo-ed, and used the beach trampolines. The beach, although very stony (take your swim shoes), is beautiful with clear waters and a lovely rocky cove to the side. There are also activities throughout the day which you are not pushed into doing. You can do pilates, (thanks Maria and Marina!) aqua aerobics in the pool and sea, bocce, football, tennis etc. There is also a FABULOUS mini club for the kids set in the playground area which is manned by crazy bad cop Barbara! and run by the responsible and lovely Marta,who, although she looks young (she's 26), is absolutely fantastic with the children and really worries for the welfare of the children. There has been a report of a child going missing whilst getting ice cream at the kids club; I find this very hard to understand as the kids club get their kids to adult ratio right and keep doing head counts etc. (I always stay in kids club with my kids for a few days until I am happy they will be safe and I was VERY happy with the service). Marta always left a note if she was taking the children on site anywhere. It has to be understood that the kids need to be old enough i.e. over 4 to have a level of understanding NOT to run away from your carer, and if you know your child is likely to do this, they shouldn't be sent there!!!!!
The evenings were filled with various variety shows, dances and audience participation shows/quizes by the marvellous animation team managed by Velia,and assisted by Kelis and Monk the crazy Romanians! who do NOT stop all day.On their one day of the hotel holds a karaoke evening. There is also another bar/disco on site which you pay for after all the other all inclusive bars close down at 12.30. There is also a games room for the kids and a bridge room and tv room for the adults along with an adults only cocktail bar and plenty of sofas etc available if you don't wish to see the entertainment.
I genuinely could not fault the set up of the hotel, or the dedication of the staff who never seem to get a break, let alone have time to sleep! The only problem I had was with other guests, i.e. letting their kids run crazy throughout the entertainment or not supervising their kids in the pool, or letting them slam doors etc, but never to a seriously annoying degree as the staff keep a close eye on things.
I would definitely visit again and I NEVER EVER say thay as I think the world's too big to visit anywhere twice! We were all so disappointed to be going home, but were very gald we got to experience meeting a wonderful crowd of both holidaymakers and staff/crew.
Tip: if you do have a baby travelling with you, you will need to take a kettle or a travel bottle warmer with you, as there are no facilities in your room for this. However, hairdryers ARE in your room so you don't need to pack one, and you can also borrow an iron from reception.

Room Tip: We were in room 909 which was exactly central to everything, as try as you might, you CANNOT avoid a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!