Stayed at Summer Palace from 14- 27 June 2013
From reading previous reviews we understood that the hotel was built on a hillside which could involve walking up some steep slopes to reach your room. Well we were lucky enough to have one of the rooms at the very top of the hotel and boy was it worth it. The views were stunning and you could see the whole of the coastline all the way down to Kardemema. The room was large, clean and bright with maid service every day. There is a fridge filled with soft drinks, beer and water every second day. There is a buggy that will give u a lift to and from your room should you need it which I have never seen before in hotels that are situated on hills. There is no charge and I never felt that the staff driving expected a tip.
I have never seen so many pools in a hotel and for the whole two weeks we never failed at any time of day to find a sun bed around the pools or on the beach. The cleanliness of the hotel is second to none.
Food was good and always able to find something to enjoy. Huge choice of salads. Toni the chef a great guy and very entertaining. Well worth giving the Italian and Greek restaurants a try.
Yes there were lots of Russians and I don’t disagree with some of the reviews but this has been the case in several of my last holidays in different countries. We are all entitled to have a holiday surely.
We really did have a fab holiday and received fantastic service with a smile from all staff there especially Dimitrios who went out of his way to make our holiday special. Nothing was too much trouble for him. We will return to the Summer Palace in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena