Just returned from Summer Palace and here is my feeling - first, the holiday is about you, not about Russians, Germans or UK visitors... Yes, maybe some people don't know how to eat, how to talk, how to behave at all... But I don't care about them, I choose how to make my holiday beautiful! Summer Palace is clean huge resort, with so many steps, that you can shake off all your eaten calories :) We had perfect room in a top of main building with breathtaking stunning view from the balcony. Room was simple, but cleaned up everyday, towels changed, minibar (cola, beer, lemon...) filled once/2 days, negatives - ants (take some spray) and NOISE in the evening (but only till midnight). Beach is pebbly and that is the reason why the sea is crystal clear, you can swim and swim... Water was like satin ;) beach is totaly full only till lunch, then lot of people are leaving... Total disappointing was FOOD!!! Absolutely terrible taste, every day the same "[--]"!! They put herbs on everything, even on french fries. Forget on cakes, here is only disgusting mousse and ice cream is like washing powder or what... Drinks was sweet syrup water, all we could drink was pure water from bottle. Staff is different from man to woman... Men were nice, gentle, but greek women were really rude and unwilling... (especialy those ugly.....). And let me mention, that you CAN NOT use bars&restaurants in other Mitsis resort! Staff just took a look on our bracelets and said that we should go to our hotel... You can talk in english to anyone. It is a really nice, big resort, we had amazing room, we enjoyed this stay. Just remember many steps, it is not good for old people or families with small babies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena