Our second visit to this great hotel, in May 2012, was even better than the first time, 18 months ago. Walking up & down the steps to the beach can be a bit of a struggle but can't be helped. It is quite a walk to the town of Kardamena along the beach road, but is very do able if you want a flat walk. There are also buses to town if you don't want to walk.
The hotel is really very nice, with all low level 2 storey buildings. Lots of swimming pools around the hotel complex and not difficult to find some peace & quiet, if that's what you want. If you want things a bit more lively, the beach is busy, with the Animations Team rounding people up for fun activities during the day & entertaining at night. New Team this year and doing a good job. We changed our room after the first day as we were initially in a big double room, but along a corridor that echoed when people passed by. It didn't help when some people returned from the nightclub at 4 am in the morning, with no consideration for others. However, reception immediately sorted a fresh room for us, near to one of the small pools & the rest of the week was a dream.
We must compliment all of the staff, from the cleaners, reception, bar staff, restaurant staff (including the restaurant manager, who was a real charmer, Really!!), the Animations team and the Hotel manager, who was ever present & took time to chat with the guests. Special mentions to Andreas in the main restaurant, a gentleman, Christos & Gent from the bar (and others whose names we cannot recall) & Elina at the Pool bar.
Food in the restaurants is very good & varied to suit all tastes. The Greek Taverna on the beach is excellent & the cheese stuffed squid was superb. All in All we would highly recommend this hotel for a Fab holiday.
Barbara & John
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena