Have just returned from this hotel with our 6 month old baby and although the complex has potential, there were a few disappointments.
1. Our flight was delayed by 4 hours so we arrived at the hotel later than expected yet we still had to wait an hour for our room to be ready. When we were taken to the room the cleaners were still there and the floor was wet.
2. Room was spacious, even with a large travel cot and the cleaners tidied and changed sheets/towels every day. However there were ants everywhere.
3. On day 3 I had food poisoning. Violently ill and with a baby to breastfeed we had to pay 90 euros to see a doctor who gave me an anti-sickness injection. Reception staff were very unsympathetic and didn't seem interested at all. Perhaps they are used to this scenario?
4. This is the 4th hotel we have stayed at in Greece and the food was no different to the others. The booking system for the 4 a la carte restaurants was a shambles. The system kept crashing and there were long queues to use it as you could only book the day before.
5. Do not stay at this hotel if you have walking difficulties. The complex is huge and the hill up to the main restaurant/reception is not for the faint hearted. There are also lots of steps. We had 17 steps just up to our room which was hard work in and out with a buggy.
6. Had to be up early for a sunbed around the pools and people were leaving towels on them. However there are lots of sunbeds on the beach and it's more lively down there too.
Overall the hotel is ok. We still enjoyed our week away despite the points mentioned and me being so ill. The majority of the staff were friendly and welcoming. Hats off to the animation team who worked hard each day entertaining on the beach during the day and putting on shows in the evenings. But I don't feel the hotel should be advertised as a 5* plus exclusive resort as it is definitely not.
Feel free to ask anything else you'd like to know!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena