“one of our best holidays!” 5 of 5 stars

Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kardamena 85302, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Kardamena
Chichester, United Kingdom
“one of our best holidays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I originally booked the "Norida Beach" on checking in we were told that we were being relocated in the neighboring hotel "Mitsis Blue Domes" Having looked at it online but not booked it i knew roughly what to expect, but, the Blue Domes exceeded all my expectations!
It was very big airy and loads of room, plenty of pools, though they did get full rather quickly never seemed crowded. the hotel had its own private beach with loungers and umbrella's.
We counted 10 restaurants, though didnt try them all.
you had to cue, 24hours early to book one of the Italian,Greek, Asian and mexican. although there was a system it appeared the Germans and Italians didnt understand the concept of a cue! There are two cues, one for Italian/Greek and one for the Asian/Mexican. On on eoccasion a gentleman cued in the wrong cue, on getting to the booking point jumped across and booked what he wanted, pushing infont of everyone waiting! The restaurants we did try were VERY good, therefor we returned to them.
In the main restaurant, though roomy and spacious was normally very busy. The staff were very kind and helpfull and soon got people seated. Again the cueing system left a bit to be desired because of the germans and italians, at one point I noticed a French lady dip her finger into the ice cream to tatse it.
The satff throughout the hotel were kind, friendly and very helpfull, nothing too much trouble, even to the point of charging my phone as I forgot my charger.
It can be a bit of a climb up to the reception/restaurant but you have the option of ordering a club cart ( like a golf cart ) to take you to where you wish to go.
There is a mini bar which is refilled every two days. I could waffle on....but,
We loved it so much we are going back !
The only real down side was a lack of english and the rudeness from other nationalitlies!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Whitby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at Mitsis Blue Domes 8th September to 22 September with my brother and his wife. The hotel was beautiful, rooms a delight and lovely and clean. The food was marvelous in all the small restaurants around the pool and we never had a problem booking for the a la carte resturants in the evening. Personal favourite was The Asian and thanks to the lovely waitress there (sorry forgotten her name)she works so hard, as do all the staff.
Special thanks to Mirasalav? and his girlfriend, Armand and Ionissiis? at the pool bar who made us very welcome and we had a good laugh with them (see you in a bit, boys!!) Also to Christina and staff at the Beach Bar who constantly smiled all day , they were a joy.
To Animation staff especially Bobby and Andy and the "Boules Teams"
We had agreat time and will definately be going back soon, just gonna check out the prices for next year as we speak!!

Room Tip: We had garden rooms near the pool bar/ retaurants and main resturaunt so central for everything and...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We booked the Mitsis Blue Domes Resort for our honeymoon through our consultant, Martin at SW13 Travel.
On arrival, the reception were very pleasant and helpful and we were shown to our lovely prepared room which was very nice - the only unfortunate point being that despite being on honeymoon, we were left with twin beds pushed together. However, this didn't pose too much of a problem and we just put up with it rather than move rooms.
The food was great, especially the six restaurants by the main pool bar (Sushi, Pastries, Pitas, Burgers, Mezze and Beer House) where service was always prompt and the food great. It was a bit difficult booking the a la carte restaurants, but only because it didn't allow you much flexibility as you were tied down in advance. Because of this we only tried the Italian and Mexican restaurants. The Italian was great but we didn't enjoy the Mexican as much. The main restaurant always had a lot to offer - don't forget to walk to the back of the room as they have more on offer down there which is easy to miss!
We spent most days by the pools which I wasn't as keen on due to the salty water, but my wife loved it. The water sports were great and we enjoyed the paragliding.
Evening entertainment was a bit repetitive but all good fun - the animation team put in a lot of effort to appeal to all nationalities and we did have a giggle.
In fact, we enjoyed ourselves so much that we are planning on going back with friends and family next year!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

spent a week here 12-19 sept 11 fantastic hotel ,only 1 thing wrong they did not have barcardi only there own brand (not very good)could not drink it ,but my husband said there beer was good no matter which bar he got it from.our room was great his and her dressing rooms big bathroom two showers ,and out of patio doors straight in to pool wot a result !,The food ,beach,the staff fantastic, keep up the good work ,i would stop in a mitsis hotel again as this was our first time and not my last .we have stopped in a lot of 5*hotels and sometimes i wonder how they get 5* but this one is a proper 5* WELL DONE ALL THE STAFF AT BLUE DOMES . ,As for THOMAS COOK that is another story 6hr30mins delay going out ,its the second time this has happend to us this year I WILL NOT BE GOING WITH THEM AGAIN THE LEG ROOM ON PLANE IS A JOKE IF YOU READ SMALL PRINT ITS 24, SCRUFFY PLANES DO NOT GO WITH THOMAS COOK

Room Tip: buy your bottles of shorts from airport only two for £18 if you do not like local dri
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Very good hotel. The resort is really nice and well managed and you can see that some money has been invested here. It is really really close to a 5 stars hotel. You almost feel like being a VIP. The rooms are spacious and very clean (we had a duplex room with 2 bathrooms). The staff is professional, polite and very friendly. The restaurant is very good and the food is varied enough. You will find a lot of bars/snacks with pancakes, cheeseburgers, (very good) sushi etc... A great choice of drinks of good quality. Be aware that you will find a lot of stairs and that the pools are nice but the water is salty.
Honestly this resort is fine for families and even couples. We will come back for sure.
Do not pay too much attention to the negative french reviews (and I am french myself :-)). It is true that it is difficult to find french speaking staff and customers but if you speak english no problem at all :-). The atmosphere is really international and the only problem that I would have to report is the behaviour of the Russians who could be rude from time to time (the concept of queue seems unknown to them).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
groomsprt.co.down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Well what can I say that hasn,t been said in previous reviews. My husband and I and 2 daughters 10 and 8 spent the first 2 weeks in July in the resort. On arrival at the hotel at around 2.00a.m. the first impressions of the hotel were AMAZING beautifully lit up and those impressions lasted throughout our 2 week stay. We had an issue when we arrived with the hotel being over booked but the hotel manager Fylos was more than attentive to us ensuring it did not spoil our holiday and in fact, he turned a negetive into a fantastic positive by giving us an upgrade to a Mainsonette. WOW WOW WOW it was incredible, 2 floors bedroom and bathroom downstairs and a double bed and bathroom upstairs, the beds were so comfortable. Towels in the room were changed at least twice a day and minibar was filled every day without fail. We have gone to several all -inclusive hotels in Greece, Crete Tenerife and Mexico and this without fail is the best all inclusive we have stayed in. Food was absolutely amazing in all restaurants including the main restaurant. The main restaurant has the most glorious views early evening, when sitting outside on the terrace for dinner. The only negetive I would make on the hotel is the "Piano player" in the evenings, I would say the hotel could do much better. Apart from that a very BIG BIG THANKY YOU to Fylos and his team for making it the best summer holiday ever, both my daughters and my husband and I enjoyed it so so much! Be prepared to put on extra weight with all the choices of restaurants and drinks!!!!!

Room Tip: The beach is absolutely glorious but it is shingle so take proper beach shoes. Also sun cream is ve...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Worcester uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My partner and I spent a week at this hotel it was lovely. The food was good and all the staff in the restraunts were polite and friendly. The pools were salty but you had a choice of pool or sea. The sea was lovely and warm and you could see fish swimming round you. The beach bar was well stocked and the staff were always friendly very nice to the children. We never had a problem with sun loungers we always found one. We only left the complex once as it was so nice and relaxing with fantastic views. The walk to the restraunt was not a problem as I justified it when I enjoyed the wonderful food. I would love to come back and wish we had stayed longer. If you are reading this review please beleive me you will have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We had a family room which was very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!