“Great place to stay in a wonderful island” 5 of 5 stars

You added Zouboulia Apartments to your Saves list
Zouboulia Apartments
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Kardamena 85 300 , Greece   |
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in a wonderful island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Me and a few mates went to stop in July we had a great time loved Kos one of the friendliest places I have ever been even by Greek standards it was a friendly place in Kos most of Greece generally is. I have been to most of the other Greek places and found this island to be one of my favorites. Zouboulia is also a really handy place to stay its near to everything and is very quiet. Dino is a good guy I liked him. My mates case went missing on the flight coming in due to an airline blunder! He had to wait 3 days for it but the barman who works in Zouboulia in the day knew someone at the airport and he sorted it out for which made it a lot easier! yamas. The rooms are basic, clean, tidy and the air con worked good I barted with Dino and got a few Euros off the price! The cleaners were friendly and changed towels and bedding with regularity. The pool was also a nice area to relax and chill in. Dino works at the side of the pool and will make you some food to whatever you want or fancy. He also makes the best cocktails I have tasted, banana colada is highly recommended and long Island ice tea. Tonys cuisine corner next door is a great restaurant to eat, cheap and fantastic Greek food and lovely people who own and work there Jimmy and Stamatis good guys. Hellas further in Kardamena is also a Great family run restaurant to eat, lots of tasty Greek dishes there you won't have seen Also Kardamena is a nice chilled out place if you want nice small bars with music and a lively atmosphere its a must go. Different from Magaluf and Ibiza and Malia etc but in a good way it's a lot less chavy and pretentious

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Teddington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Considering the amount we paid for our stay this was an excellent choice. It is by no means 5* however for the low price you definitely get a bargain in a great location. The apartments are close enough to the town (2 minutes) to enjoy the nightlife and restaurants, but far enough that you won't be disturbed by party goers. There are ample sun beds and a lovely pool (although a little cold). Our self catering room included hobs, a kettle and a toaster as well as pots and pans. Additionally we had a clothes airer to dry our clothes on the balcony. The room had aircon although we didn't try it and during our weeks stay the towels and sheets were changed once which was plenty- the staff were so friendly I did feel that if you wanted them changed more often it would not be a problem. The hotel had free wifi which you can use by the pool and a lovely bar with named spirits (not local). A very enjoyable stay, Dino and his family were great- I hope to go back!!

• Stayed September 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is good, but the staff are appalling. Whilst cleaning our room, which we were in, a cleaner stole 10 euros from my floor, and then when cleaning my friends room next door they stole 30 euros out of her purse. We told Dino the owner and it all kicked off, as he called all the staff in, and we were shouted at, and even pushed. The old granny woman said that they would call the police, and if we were lying they would 'take our passports, keep us in the country and kill us'. We were then constantly picked on by the staff throughout the 2 weeks. I think we were also picked on because we were the youngest people staying there, because we caused no other reason why the would be so horrible to us. Also you have to bolt the door when you go to sleep. On many occasions the staff just unlocked our door and walked into our room while we were asleep. On one occasion the old man who works there walked into my room while a friend and i were asleep shouting how we must leave the apartment because of our flight. This was tuesday and our flight was thursday. He didnt even apologise for waking us up, and barging into our room while we were sleeping in our underwear.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After the French air strike our holiday to Portugal got cancelled. So as a last minute booking as our bags were packed we got a last minute deal to Kos £200 each for accommodation flights and transfers. The booking was with cosmos holidays and was allocation on arrival. (Something I was dreading) After arriving in Kos after midnight I was very surprised I google the apartments and saw they were 2 star. The bar was clean spacious and a huge tv, it's a family run business and each family member were lovely. Perfect English and always happy to help. We had a two room and pushed the beds together, spotless fridge, balcony, two hob cooker sink and bathroom with a shower. Clean towels every other day and it was 30 euro for air conditioning for the week. Which considering we only was 200 each we didn't mind. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here for a week in July, We were really pleased with our choice, clean spacious rooms, good sized balcony to sit on, pool area is great for singles, couples or families. Dino and Vasillis make you feel so welcome, they are never too busy to sit and have a chat with you and answer any questions you might have, places to visit or eat. Considering we were so close to Kardamena square and main bar area there was no noise at all. Really recommend the air con, at 5 Euros a day, it's less than 2 large Mythos. Make a point of asking Dino for a Mojito,they are fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, the balcony area is more private
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here last week and also visited last September, nice basic but clean appartment's, lovely pool and pool bar. Dino and his brother were so helpful! You can literally walk to the main square or Bar Street in a couple of minutes but not noisy here at all, I well recommend the aircon at 5 euros a night to keep the mozzi's out, when I go back to Karda I will be staying here!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The pool and pool area are fantastic, lovely deep clean pool, nice drinks and food at the pool bar and never too busy.Deano is great and nothing is too much trouble.
The apartments are basic but for the price I paid I didn't mind one bit!

I strongly advise investing in air conditioning (5 euro per night) and getting a bottle of mozzie spray. As on the first night I got bitten 34 times.....seriously

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Zouboulia Apartments? Share your experiences!